Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Yet another wait for Haswell or upgrade now thread \(o_o)/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yet another wait for Haswell or upgrade now thread \(o_o)/

post #1 of 2
Thread Starter 
Guys, I'm torn between waiting for Haswell release and go Z87/4770k, waiting for Haswell release to go with an Asus P8Z77 Pro/3770k if price drops, or just pull the trigger right now and get the Asus P8Z77 Pro/3770k. What would you do?

I'm currently 24/7 stable with a Phenom IIx4 955BE@4.0Ghz/FSB 230x17.5 multiplier/CPU-NB 2530mhz/Memory 1530mhz 7-7-7-20-1T C'n'Q and C1E enabled,so OC doesn't scare me, and Intel engineers are leaking comments of the good OC and that calls to my inner tinkerer more than anything. Would I find a noticeable difference if going now to z77/3770k? Or should I wait for Haswell? The lack of details less than 3 months to Haswell release is killing me biggrin.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K MAXIMUS VIII HERO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti G. 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G. Samsung 830 SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue Seagate ST3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH-15 Windows 10 Pro Dell U2311H  Genius 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM750X Cooler Master Haf 932 Newskill Renshi Guang PixArt 3360 Newskill Nami 
AudioAudioOther
Philips 100w speakers@Via2021 HD onboard Sennheiser HD598 Blackjack & Hookers 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K MAXIMUS VIII HERO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti G. 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G. Samsung 830 SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue Seagate ST3 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH-15 Windows 10 Pro Dell U2311H  Genius 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM750X Cooler Master Haf 932 Newskill Renshi Guang PixArt 3360 Newskill Nami 
AudioAudioOther
Philips 100w speakers@Via2021 HD onboard Sennheiser HD598 Blackjack & Hookers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonehxc View Post

Guys, I'm torn between waiting for Haswell release and go Z87/4770k, waiting for Haswell release to go with an Asus P8Z77 Pro/3770k if price drops, or just pull the trigger right now and get the Asus P8Z77 Pro/3770k. What would you do?

I'm currently 24/7 stable with a Phenom IIx4 955BE@4.0Ghz/FSB 230x17.5 multiplier/CPU-NB 2530mhz/Memory 1530mhz 7-7-7-20-1T C'n'Q and C1E enabled,so OC doesn't scare me, and Intel engineers are leaking comments of the good OC and that calls to my inner tinkerer more than anything. Would I find a noticeable difference if going now to z77/3770k? Or should I wait for Haswell? The lack of details less than 3 months to Haswell release is killing me biggrin.gif

Hard to say without knowing for certain if BCLK overclocking will be back with Haswell.
Julia
(11 items)
 
Centurion (Dead)
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ EPoX EP-9NPA+ Ultra EVGA GeForce 6800 GS (256-P2-N389-AX) CORSAIR VS1GB400C3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS NEC ND-3520A Windows XP Dell M780 
PowerCaseOther
FSP Group SAGA+ 450R Cooler Master Centurion 5 w/ Window (CAC-T05-WW) Samsung Floppy Drive (SFD321B/LBL1) 
  hide details  
Reply
Julia
(11 items)
 
Centurion (Dead)
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ EPoX EP-9NPA+ Ultra EVGA GeForce 6800 GS (256-P2-N389-AX) CORSAIR VS1GB400C3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS NEC ND-3520A Windows XP Dell M780 
PowerCaseOther
FSP Group SAGA+ 450R Cooler Master Centurion 5 w/ Window (CAC-T05-WW) Samsung Floppy Drive (SFD321B/LBL1) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Yet another wait for Haswell or upgrade now thread \(o_o)/