Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Is this Mobo good for OC'ing? Does it support it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is this Mobo good for OC'ing? Does it support it?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Im trying to find a new ATX MOBO that is good for OC and low cost. The only one i've found so far is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131872
and I have no experience with Asus boards and OC on them. Any help is greatly appreciated.
post #2 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanman43 View Post

Im trying to find a new ATX MOBO that is good for OC and low cost. The only one i've found so far is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131872
and I have no experience with Asus boards and OC on them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

What processor you using?
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by truestorybro545 View Post

What processor you using?

Phenom II x4 965BE. Im OC'd to 4.0GHz now.
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanman43 View Post

Phenom II x4 965BE. Im OC'd to 4.0GHz now.

It should be fine. 4+2 phase power should handle a nice OC, especially on a 965BE.

That thing is pretty loaded for a $90 mobo.... thumb.gif
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Do you mind If i ask how you can tell if a Mobo is good for OC? would my clocks get higher?
post #6 of 18
Check the amount of power phases it has. I had an intel i5 750 and when I changed mobo's from a low end msi to a ROG the overclock was the same but the vcore dropped which is good.
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
Reply
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanman43 View Post

Do you mind If i ask how you can tell if a Mobo is good for OC? would my clocks get higher?

It doesn't necessarily mean you can OC higher. That is based on the CPU itself, whether or not the silicon lottery is nice enough. However, in the fortunate case of a nicely OC'ing chip, the higher power phase allows for more thermal and voltage protection, which would allow you to OC and increase voltage more safely.
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilly007 View Post

Check the amount of power phases it has. I had an intel i5 750 and when I changed mobo's from a low end msi to a ROG the overclock was the same but the vcore dropped which is good.

4+2 Good enough for a Phenom II and as long as he's not doing LN2 5Ghz clocking, he should be fine. biggrin.gif
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by truestorybro545 View Post

4+2 Good enough for a Phenom II and as long as he's not doing LN2 5Ghz clocking, he should be fine. biggrin.gif

I dont need 5GHz but I do wanna break 4GHz. atlease closer to 4.5GHz
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanman43 View Post

I dont need 5GHz but I do wanna break 4GHz. atlease closer to 4.5GHz

Ummm 4.5Ghz could work, but you might push it then. 4.2 Ghz sounds more reasonable. Between that and 4.5 isn't too much of a gain. I'd shoot for 4.3 and see how that is. Wouldn't suggest 4.5 unless your voltages are somehow extremely low.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Is this Mobo good for OC'ing? Does it support it?