Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Playstation › Will this converter work for my PS3 ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Will this converter work for my PS3 ?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
My HDMI port on my PS3 broke off recently and i was looking for a converter to use on my LG E2351 monitor. I cannot use hdmi nor av on main TV because 1)its the family tv no time to use it and someone would be using it 2) av port unreachable. For now im stuck using a old tv using av. But the main point is will this work at all

http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/component-video-2rca-stereo-audio-to-hdmi-converter.html

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130843557006&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en
post #2 of 8
Yes this work perfectly

Alltough you wont see any Quality Gains converting Component to HDMI, so are you sure your TV has no Component connection?
Blazer
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 4790K MSI MPower Z97 Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3-2600 Crucial M500 120GB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DrivePower
Samsung 830 128GB SSD Cruscial MX200 250GB SSD WD 1TB HDD Seasonic M12II Evo 750W 
  hide details  
Reply
Blazer
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 4790K MSI MPower Z97 Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3-2600 Crucial M500 120GB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DrivePower
Samsung 830 128GB SSD Cruscial MX200 250GB SSD WD 1TB HDD Seasonic M12II Evo 750W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescotter View Post

Yes this work perfectly

Alltough you wont see any Quality Gains converting Component to HDMI, so are you sure your TV has no Component connection?

it does have component but its bolted on the wall and i cant reach it and im going to get the ebay one if it doesnt work and if by any chance they wont allow to return its 35$ down im okay with that

Cheers mate
post #4 of 8
I bought a convertor for RGB to VGA when I first bought my Ps3 in 2009 because I wanted to use it with my monitor. The reason mine didn't work was the refresh range was wrong or something like that so you should check that your monitor or screen can handle the display/refresh settings that the PS3 outputs at. My monitor was an LG 2252S so quite similar so it might be worth checking.

As I say, it didn't work for me so I've used all sorts of displays since (20" CRT, 37"LCD, 40 LCD(FullHD), 50" Rear Projection, 32" LCD and finally my 14" Sony trinitron.

Out of all of the those the best two have been the 40" (Obvs) and the 14" trinitron because despite it's low size it is still very sharp and clear because of the technology behind the trinitron range. The only problem I have with it is that some driving games such as Need for Speed are more difficult to play as because your going so fast you need to be able to see the smallest dtails and its just not possible on such a small screen.
Orange and White
(16 items)
 
HTPC
(16 items)
 
Orange Ice Mk. 2
(29 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 BE 3.4Ghz Gigabyte 990FXA UD7 KFA2 GTX 970 EXOC Infinity 8 Gb DDRIII 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Crucial M4 Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Phanteks TC14PE-OR Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2515H LG Flatron W2252S Beige Keyboard by "Tiny" Corsair TX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Cheap "Trust" Mouse Steel Series Steelseries Orange Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x2 235e ASUS M5A78L-M HD3850 Patriot 4GB DDR3 1033MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80GB 2.5" HDD Samsung Bluray Reader Scythe Shuriken + 2x120mm + 1x80mm Win 7 
MonitorPowerCase
Sony 40" TV (1080p) Corsair CX430 Antec Fusion Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
Orange and White
(16 items)
 
HTPC
(16 items)
 
Orange Ice Mk. 2
(29 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 BE 3.4Ghz Gigabyte 990FXA UD7 KFA2 GTX 970 EXOC Infinity 8 Gb DDRIII 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Crucial M4 Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Phanteks TC14PE-OR Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2515H LG Flatron W2252S Beige Keyboard by "Tiny" Corsair TX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Cheap "Trust" Mouse Steel Series Steelseries Orange Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x2 235e ASUS M5A78L-M HD3850 Patriot 4GB DDR3 1033MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80GB 2.5" HDD Samsung Bluray Reader Scythe Shuriken + 2x120mm + 1x80mm Win 7 
MonitorPowerCase
Sony 40" TV (1080p) Corsair CX430 Antec Fusion Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Hey mate my screen can handle it I've previously used my ps3 when it had a working hdmi port it works fine I'm not gonna use it in 1080p but gonna use it in 720p just to be safe
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-cat View Post

I bought a convertor for RGB to VGA when I first bought my Ps3 in 2009 because I wanted to use it with my monitor. The reason mine didn't work was the refresh range was wrong or something like that so you should check that your monitor or screen can handle the display/refresh settings that the PS3 outputs at. My monitor was an LG 2252S so quite similar so it might be worth checking.

As I say, it didn't work for me so I've used all sorts of displays since (20" CRT, 37"LCD, 40 LCD(FullHD), 50" Rear Projection, 32" LCD and finally my 14" Sony trinitron.

Out of all of the those the best two have been the 40" (Obvs) and the 14" trinitron because despite it's low size it is still very sharp and clear because of the technology behind the trinitron range. The only problem I have with it is that some driving games such as Need for Speed are more difficult to play as because your going so fast you need to be able to see the smallest dtails and its just not possible on such a small screen.

Your PS3 was probably outputting 480i by default, which most LCD screens can't display. These adapters tend to confuse the PS3, so it doesn't know what res the screen can handle. It seems to default to 480i sometimes.

What I had to do when I used my PS3 with a component to VGA adapter, was hook it up to another screen, set all the settings in the video for the adapter, then hit apply, memorize the key presses to accept, then hook it up. That isn't a big deal if you're going to keep the ps3 hooked up all the time, but pretty annoying if you want to move it around.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
*Update* well i got the converter in the mail and well it works but when i connect it it has a shadowing effect so i tried it on a sharp aquos 32 lcd same thing but when i put the resolution in 576i it has no shadowing only 720p 1080i and 1080p
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzba View Post

*Update* well i got the converter in the mail and well it works but when i connect it it has a shadowing effect so i tried it on a sharp aquos 32 lcd same thing but when i put the resolution in 576i it has no shadowing only 720p 1080i and 1080p

Sounds like the converter is too cheap frown.gif. Don't think there is much you can do.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Playstation
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Playstation › Will this converter work for my PS3 ?