Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › What RAID array do I want?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What RAID array do I want?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
So, i have been planning a server for a while. I finally have the $$$ to buy 4 3tb WD RED drives for raid. Initially I planned to go for raid 10, since mirroring is a much safer bet than parities. With RAID 5, when a drive fails and everything is rebuilding, there is an unrecoverable error (uncommon, but it DOES happen) the entire array is lost. This was scary for me. However, my brother, who doesn't live with me had his own few raid arrays and we basically have the same data since he copied 90% of it off me. So, If I do raid 5, and a drive fails, then there is an error when rebuilding I can get the bulk of my data back from my brothers machine. Also condering I am getting red drives which are reliable, have long warranty etc one failing in the first place is unlikely.

I also get 9TB of storage with raid 5, instead of 6tb with raid 10. Should I go for raid 10 or 5? Also, how much speed should I expect with 4 3tb red drives in raid 5? I have a very expensive intel sas raid controller, which is either pcie 4x or 8x I forgot. Also my server had quad gigabit so networking bandwidth shouldn't be a bottleneck. I plan to do teaming on 3 ports, and use the 4th as a bridge.
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistolp View Post

So, i have been planning a server for a while. I finally have the $$$ to buy 4 3tb WD RED drives for raid. Initially I planned to go for raid 10, since mirroring is a much safer bet than parities. With RAID 5, when a drive fails and everything is rebuilding, there is an unrecoverable error (uncommon, but it DOES happen) the entire array is lost. This was scary for me. However, my brother, who doesn't live with me had his own few raid arrays and we basically have the same data since he copied 90% of it off me. So, If I do raid 5, and a drive fails, then there is an error when rebuilding I can get the bulk of my data back from my brothers machine. Also condering I am getting red drives which are reliable, have long warranty etc one failing in the first place is unlikely.

I also get 9TB of storage with raid 5, instead of 6tb with raid 10. Should I go for raid 10 or 5? Also, how much speed should I expect with 4 3tb red drives in raid 5? I have a very expensive intel sas raid controller, which is either pcie 4x or 8x I forgot. Also my server had quad gigabit so networking bandwidth shouldn't be a bottleneck. I plan to do teaming on 3 ports, and use the 4th as a bridge.

1. RAID is not a backup solution. I don't care what RAID level you go with but you need a backup solution regardless.
2. I run 4x3TB drives in RAID 5 for 9TB. I use RAID to protect against drive failure, but I backup the data to a secondary location anyway.
3. Have you considered something such as ZFS or unRAID?
4. The type of data and server requirements will help determine the proper RAID level.
5. "I am getting red drives which are reliable, have long warranty etc one failing in the first place is unlikely" - means nothing. If your data is critical, you will lose it eventually if you don't backup properly, regardless of what disk set up you use.
6. RAID 5 rebuilds suck - better controllers are better, but they still suck. All RAID rebuilds suck.
7. My advise is to squish RAID altogether, use something like unRAID, and have a good backup plan (cloud backup services are pretty good for critical data, and you can use external drives or a backup server for the rest of the data).
Ol' Sandy
(28 items)
 
"Zeus"
(12 items)
 
Elite Preview
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3 Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK MSI Gaming GTX 980 Kingston 32GB (4x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor PX-256M5S 256GB Samsung EVO 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 Hitachi HUA722010CLA330 WDC WD10EARS-00Z5B1 TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Phanteks PH-TC14PE with TY-140's Lamptron FCv5 (x2) Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Dell U2412M 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell U2412M Dell U2212HM Dell U2713HM Topre Realforce 87UB | Ducky DK9087 G2 Pro 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX-750 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 XTRAC Ripper XXL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250ohm Schiit Bifrost DAC Schiit Asgard 2 HiVi Swan M50W 2.1 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Xeon E5-2620 Super Micro X9SRL-F-B 128GB 1333MHz LSI 9271-8i 
OSPowerCase
VMware ESXi 5.5 SeaSonic SS-400FL2 Fractal Define R3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3437U HP EliteBook Folio 9470m  Intel HD Graphics 4000  16GB DDR3 SDRAM 
Hard DriveOS
256GB SSD Windows 10 Insider Preview 
  hide details  
Reply
Ol' Sandy
(28 items)
 
"Zeus"
(12 items)
 
Elite Preview
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3 Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK MSI Gaming GTX 980 Kingston 32GB (4x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor PX-256M5S 256GB Samsung EVO 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 Hitachi HUA722010CLA330 WDC WD10EARS-00Z5B1 TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Phanteks PH-TC14PE with TY-140's Lamptron FCv5 (x2) Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Dell U2412M 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell U2412M Dell U2212HM Dell U2713HM Topre Realforce 87UB | Ducky DK9087 G2 Pro 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX-750 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 XTRAC Ripper XXL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250ohm Schiit Bifrost DAC Schiit Asgard 2 HiVi Swan M50W 2.1 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Xeon E5-2620 Super Micro X9SRL-F-B 128GB 1333MHz LSI 9271-8i 
OSPowerCase
VMware ESXi 5.5 SeaSonic SS-400FL2 Fractal Define R3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3437U HP EliteBook Folio 9470m  Intel HD Graphics 4000  16GB DDR3 SDRAM 
Hard DriveOS
256GB SSD Windows 10 Insider Preview 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompsonn View Post

1. RAID is not a backup solution. I don't care what RAID level you go with but you need a backup solution regardless.
2. I run 4x3TB drives in RAID 5 for 9TB. I use RAID to protect against drive failure, but I backup the data to a secondary location anyway.
3. Have you considered something such as ZFS or unRAID?
4. The type of data and server requirements will help determine the proper RAID level.
5. "I am getting red drives which are reliable, have long warranty etc one failing in the first place is unlikely" - means nothing. If your data is critical, you will lose it eventually if you don't backup properly, regardless of what disk set up you use.
6. RAID 5 rebuilds suck - better controllers are better, but they still suck. All RAID rebuilds suck.
7. My advise is to squish RAID altogether, use something like unRAID, and have a good backup plan (cloud backup services are pretty good for critical data, and you can use external drives or a backup server for the rest of the data).
1. I know it is not a backup solution. My backup my my brothers server, again he does not live with me. He has pretty much almost all of the data I have so I guess he is my backup.
2. Yeah, have a secondary location, in answer #1.
3. I have considered software raid, but I will be going with hardware raid on my intel controller. It is $800 RRP. Server gear makes me giggle like a girl, I am not giving it up wink.gif.
4. Well, there will be about 3TB of movies, 1-2TB of music, and prob like 1TB of game iso's, some other miscellaneous stuff. Basically large 35gb blu ray files, to small couple mb mp3's, etc.
5. Important data such as passwords, family pictures etc will be put on the server and also my main machine. The server had a RAID 1 for os, so I will prob put important files on the main raid 5 array, the raid 1 os array, and also on my jbod config on my main rig. Should be safe.
6. I know raid 5 rebuilds suck, I have played around with my controller and it rebuilds faster than other controllers, I am impressed.
7. unraid is still raid? just software raid?
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistolp View Post

1. I know it is not a backup solution. My backup my my brothers server, again he does not live with me. He has pretty much almost all of the data I have so I guess he is my backup.
2. Yeah, have a secondary location, in answer #1.
3. I have considered software raid, but I will be going with hardware raid on my intel controller. It is $800 RRP. Server gear makes me giggle like a girl, I am not giving it up wink.gif.
4. Well, there will be about 3TB of movies, 1-2TB of music, and prob like 1TB of game iso's, some other miscellaneous stuff. Basically large 35gb blu ray files, to small couple mb mp3's, etc.
5. Important data such as passwords, family pictures etc will be put on the server and also my main machine. The server had a RAID 1 for os, so I will prob put important files on the main raid 5 array, the raid 1 os array, and also on my jbod config on my main rig. Should be safe.
6. I know raid 5 rebuilds suck, I have played around with my controller and it rebuilds faster than other controllers, I am impressed.
7. unraid is still raid? just software raid?

If you can trust that as a backup solution, then cool. I myself would implement something else that one-hundred-percent backs up every last byte of my data, but if you're fine with relying on your brother having "most of your data", then no problemo smile.gif

unRAID is not really *traditional* RAID. If you've got an $800 controller, well then might as well use it, I agree. RAID 5 is fine for that sort of data.
unRAID would have suited you better I think had you not already had an expensive RAID controller. In that case, stick with RAID 5 and enjoy your 9TB of storage space.

unRAID: http://lime-technology.com/ and http://lime-technology.com/technology
Ol' Sandy
(28 items)
 
"Zeus"
(12 items)
 
Elite Preview
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3 Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK MSI Gaming GTX 980 Kingston 32GB (4x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor PX-256M5S 256GB Samsung EVO 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 Hitachi HUA722010CLA330 WDC WD10EARS-00Z5B1 TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Phanteks PH-TC14PE with TY-140's Lamptron FCv5 (x2) Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Dell U2412M 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell U2412M Dell U2212HM Dell U2713HM Topre Realforce 87UB | Ducky DK9087 G2 Pro 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX-750 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 XTRAC Ripper XXL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250ohm Schiit Bifrost DAC Schiit Asgard 2 HiVi Swan M50W 2.1 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Xeon E5-2620 Super Micro X9SRL-F-B 128GB 1333MHz LSI 9271-8i 
OSPowerCase
VMware ESXi 5.5 SeaSonic SS-400FL2 Fractal Define R3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3437U HP EliteBook Folio 9470m  Intel HD Graphics 4000  16GB DDR3 SDRAM 
Hard DriveOS
256GB SSD Windows 10 Insider Preview 
  hide details  
Reply
Ol' Sandy
(28 items)
 
"Zeus"
(12 items)
 
Elite Preview
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3 Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK MSI Gaming GTX 980 Kingston 32GB (4x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor PX-256M5S 256GB Samsung EVO 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 Hitachi HUA722010CLA330 WDC WD10EARS-00Z5B1 TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Phanteks PH-TC14PE with TY-140's Lamptron FCv5 (x2) Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Dell U2412M 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell U2412M Dell U2212HM Dell U2713HM Topre Realforce 87UB | Ducky DK9087 G2 Pro 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX-750 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 XTRAC Ripper XXL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250ohm Schiit Bifrost DAC Schiit Asgard 2 HiVi Swan M50W 2.1 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Xeon E5-2620 Super Micro X9SRL-F-B 128GB 1333MHz LSI 9271-8i 
OSPowerCase
VMware ESXi 5.5 SeaSonic SS-400FL2 Fractal Define R3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3437U HP EliteBook Folio 9470m  Intel HD Graphics 4000  16GB DDR3 SDRAM 
Hard DriveOS
256GB SSD Windows 10 Insider Preview 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Well most of my data isn't too hard to re-aquire via the web, there is just A LOT of it, I wouldn't mind if I lose SOME of it. Keen to finally have this server ready, i have been thinking about it for months, tired of my 10 hard drive jbod in my main rig, its a large full tower pc, full steel, heavy psu, crossfire graphics cards. It weighs a ******* tonne. Also side panel, behind motherboard tray is bent from cable management. So much sata and ide cables.
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistolp View Post

Well most of my data isn't too hard to re-aquire via the web, there is just A LOT of it, I wouldn't mind if I lose SOME of it. Keen to finally have this server ready, i have been thinking about it for months, tired of my 10 hard drive jbod in my main rig, its a large full tower pc, full steel, heavy psu, crossfire graphics cards. It weighs a ******* tonne. Also side panel, behind motherboard tray is bent from cable management. So much sata and ide cables.

No problems then - always good if you can just re-download it smile.gif
Ol' Sandy
(28 items)
 
"Zeus"
(12 items)
 
Elite Preview
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3 Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK MSI Gaming GTX 980 Kingston 32GB (4x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor PX-256M5S 256GB Samsung EVO 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 Hitachi HUA722010CLA330 WDC WD10EARS-00Z5B1 TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Phanteks PH-TC14PE with TY-140's Lamptron FCv5 (x2) Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Dell U2412M 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell U2412M Dell U2212HM Dell U2713HM Topre Realforce 87UB | Ducky DK9087 G2 Pro 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX-750 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 XTRAC Ripper XXL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250ohm Schiit Bifrost DAC Schiit Asgard 2 HiVi Swan M50W 2.1 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Xeon E5-2620 Super Micro X9SRL-F-B 128GB 1333MHz LSI 9271-8i 
OSPowerCase
VMware ESXi 5.5 SeaSonic SS-400FL2 Fractal Define R3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3437U HP EliteBook Folio 9470m  Intel HD Graphics 4000  16GB DDR3 SDRAM 
Hard DriveOS
256GB SSD Windows 10 Insider Preview 
  hide details  
Reply
Ol' Sandy
(28 items)
 
"Zeus"
(12 items)
 
Elite Preview
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3 Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK MSI Gaming GTX 980 Kingston 32GB (4x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor PX-256M5S 256GB Samsung EVO 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 Hitachi HUA722010CLA330 WDC WD10EARS-00Z5B1 TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Phanteks PH-TC14PE with TY-140's Lamptron FCv5 (x2) Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Dell U2412M 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Dell U2412M Dell U2212HM Dell U2713HM Topre Realforce 87UB | Ducky DK9087 G2 Pro 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX-750 Corsair Obsidian 650D Logitech G700 XTRAC Ripper XXL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250ohm Schiit Bifrost DAC Schiit Asgard 2 HiVi Swan M50W 2.1 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Xeon E5-2620 Super Micro X9SRL-F-B 128GB 1333MHz LSI 9271-8i 
OSPowerCase
VMware ESXi 5.5 SeaSonic SS-400FL2 Fractal Define R3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3437U HP EliteBook Folio 9470m  Intel HD Graphics 4000  16GB DDR3 SDRAM 
Hard DriveOS
256GB SSD Windows 10 Insider Preview 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 8
Raid 5.
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
Work Rig
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k Asus X99 Deluxe MSI GTX980 Ti Gaming/EK GPU Block Corsair 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
M4 128GB,C300 128GB, F3 1TB  480mm RAD, 655/top, 250mm RES, EK LX CPU Block windows 7 PRO 64bit Asus PB278Q 
PowerCase
Enermax Platimax 1500W Cosmos S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77-V MSI GT 610 1GB Corsair 1333mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Intel 330 60GB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO W7 Corsair CX500M 
Case
Cooler Master Elite 334U 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
Work Rig
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k Asus X99 Deluxe MSI GTX980 Ti Gaming/EK GPU Block Corsair 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
M4 128GB,C300 128GB, F3 1TB  480mm RAD, 655/top, 250mm RES, EK LX CPU Block windows 7 PRO 64bit Asus PB278Q 
PowerCase
Enermax Platimax 1500W Cosmos S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77-V MSI GT 610 1GB Corsair 1333mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Intel 330 60GB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO W7 Corsair CX500M 
Case
Cooler Master Elite 334U 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 8
RAID10 would be my choice due to the better write performance, but RAID5 works well with a proper controller.
   
Z77 Bench-a-lot
(31 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930K @ 4.92Ghz Asus Rampage 4 Extreme EVGA GTX670 FTW 2GB  EVGA GTX780Ti Classified K|ngp|n Edition @ 1483... 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA GTX780Ti Classified K|ngp|n Edition @ 1483... 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws-Z @ DDR3-2248 9-10-9-26 1T Samsung 830 256GB SSD WD10EZEX 1TB HDD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD10EALX 1TB HDD Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB WD3200AAKS 320GB HDD WD5000HHTZ 10krpm 500GB VelociRaptor 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG/Hitachi Slim DVD-R/W Custom MB-Backside VRM-sinks (Copper) 3x NZXT RF-FX140LB 1-2krpm 98.3CFM Case Fans 2x Corsair SP120-PE Case Fans 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Heatkiller GTX680 "Hole Edition" Block + Backplate XSPC Single-Bay Res (Single 5.25 bay) EK Multioption Res X2 - Advanced 150 DD "Fill-Port Res" + Fill-Port Fitting (Red) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x MCP35X + Heatsinks/80x15mm Fan XSPC EX420 Alphacool NeXXos UT60 240 6x Bgears Blasters 140mm 1800rpm Fans 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
4x Koolance 120x25mm 2600rpm Fans Comp/Rotary Fittings (BP/XSPC/Monsoon) Primoflex Pro LRT - White (1/2x3/4) Windows 7 Professional 64bit  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
Dell P2210Hb 21.5" 1920x1080p Viewsonic VA2012WB 20.1" LCD 1680x1050 Dell U3014 Eizo 27" 1440p 10bit RGB-LED Backlit AH-IPS Panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" LG HDTV (their top 2014 model) Ducky Mechanical (Browns) NZXT HALE90 850W + 8 blown-up AX1200/i's NZXT Switch 810 (White) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
R.A.T.3 + MX510 My Desk GRADO RS1i Headphones Grado PS1000 Headphones 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix Hydra Pro Fan Controller 5ch 30W/ch Bitfenix Alchemy Individually-Sleeved Extension... NZXT Individually-Sleeved Front Panel Wires (Bl... Phobya Sleeved 1x3pin-to-4x3pin Fan Splitter 
OtherOtherOther
Sleeved Wires w Paracord myself (no Heatshrink) Custom Front and Top Panels w HexxMesh *In Prog... Working on Custom Pedestal Prototype 
  hide details  
Reply
   
Z77 Bench-a-lot
(31 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930K @ 4.92Ghz Asus Rampage 4 Extreme EVGA GTX670 FTW 2GB  EVGA GTX780Ti Classified K|ngp|n Edition @ 1483... 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA GTX780Ti Classified K|ngp|n Edition @ 1483... 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws-Z @ DDR3-2248 9-10-9-26 1T Samsung 830 256GB SSD WD10EZEX 1TB HDD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD10EALX 1TB HDD Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB WD3200AAKS 320GB HDD WD5000HHTZ 10krpm 500GB VelociRaptor 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG/Hitachi Slim DVD-R/W Custom MB-Backside VRM-sinks (Copper) 3x NZXT RF-FX140LB 1-2krpm 98.3CFM Case Fans 2x Corsair SP120-PE Case Fans 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Heatkiller GTX680 "Hole Edition" Block + Backplate XSPC Single-Bay Res (Single 5.25 bay) EK Multioption Res X2 - Advanced 150 DD "Fill-Port Res" + Fill-Port Fitting (Red) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x MCP35X + Heatsinks/80x15mm Fan XSPC EX420 Alphacool NeXXos UT60 240 6x Bgears Blasters 140mm 1800rpm Fans 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
4x Koolance 120x25mm 2600rpm Fans Comp/Rotary Fittings (BP/XSPC/Monsoon) Primoflex Pro LRT - White (1/2x3/4) Windows 7 Professional 64bit  
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
Dell P2210Hb 21.5" 1920x1080p Viewsonic VA2012WB 20.1" LCD 1680x1050 Dell U3014 Eizo 27" 1440p 10bit RGB-LED Backlit AH-IPS Panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" LG HDTV (their top 2014 model) Ducky Mechanical (Browns) NZXT HALE90 850W + 8 blown-up AX1200/i's NZXT Switch 810 (White) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
R.A.T.3 + MX510 My Desk GRADO RS1i Headphones Grado PS1000 Headphones 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix Hydra Pro Fan Controller 5ch 30W/ch Bitfenix Alchemy Individually-Sleeved Extension... NZXT Individually-Sleeved Front Panel Wires (Bl... Phobya Sleeved 1x3pin-to-4x3pin Fan Splitter 
OtherOtherOther
Sleeved Wires w Paracord myself (no Heatshrink) Custom Front and Top Panels w HexxMesh *In Prog... Working on Custom Pedestal Prototype 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hard Drives & Storage
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › What RAID array do I want?