Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [toms] BenQ Releases 27-inch FullHD GW2760HS Thin Bezel Monitor
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[toms] BenQ Releases 27-inch FullHD GW2760HS Thin Bezel Monitor - Page 9

post #81 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerVI View Post

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. For me, it makes sense. However, your argument is specious and arrogant.

This is subjective. If bigger is indeed better for some, so be it. Who are you to tell them they're wrong? If they like what they see and enjoy what the product gives them, are they dumb? No, they are not. And for you to cast them in that light does in fact make you "elitist". I'm a proud member of the "PC Gaming Master Race" so I understand; but make no mistake, it is elitist.

Look, I know that what I wrote could be interpreted in various ways. That's how the mind works.

Of course it is subjective, and ofc ppl can "invent" usages for a 27" 1080p panel.

Bigger text doesn't say much to me. I can make my text bigger through software. Yes, my CAD programs have a sh@tty UI that doesn't scale, but I enjoy my nearly double available real estate for actual content much more than the inconvenience the smaller UI adds.

I know it can stress gaming a lot, but I prefer dropping details a notch for my 670 to do the job "good enough", than whine endlessly about the need for SLI titans and the such to play a game "as I should" (talking about elitism). All that is subjective, yes.

If I was after size and not available pixels, I could always go for a $200-250 TV with superior size, viewing angles etc. Why bother with a more expensive monitor?
For the "faked" small bezel or the sub-par speakers? TVs get that too for some time now tongue.gif

Desktop monitors are about resolution, clarity, sharpness. In all of these aspects, the 27" 1080p deducts instead of adds to the experience.
Yes, many 1440p advocates are elitists. Even more most of the 1600p ppl, 3930K and titan owners are.

But there are reasonable arguments in favor or a higher resolution in monitors bigger than 23", just like there is a reasonable, scientific argument for 300ppi screens in phones and tablets when less than half that is more than enough in full blown monitors. It is provable and objective far more than other superficial qualities we attribute to our PC components.

It is not about elitism when I say that if 1080p "in-your-face" desktop monitors need to be 23-24" tops. It is reality based on the average person's visual acuity. If you cannot tell the difference, it is you and it is fine. The argument "it works for me, should work for all" or vice versa is not mine.

If you say your 27" 1080p looks works fine for you working @ 5 ft away, makes sense. But you know what? That is your personalized application that doesn't comply with what the average desktop monitor is used for, just like the fact that someone doesn't care about intel breaking USB 3.0 + windows sleep function with their new chipset cannot go away with the claiming that "i don't use sleep in windows, so it is fine that for such self-centered irrationality.
FooBox
(20 items)
 
 
Camera Gear
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1650 V3 3.5GHz Dell C610 Quadro K4200 4GB 32GB PC-2133 DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M550 256GB Dell Windows 7 Professional Dell U2412M 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M Dell KB-212-B Dell 850W 80+ Gold T5810 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
Canon EOS 6D  EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM  EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM 
GraphicsOptical DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod Manfrotto 685B NeoTec Monopod Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head 
Optical DriveCase
Manfrotto 496 Ball Head Lowepro Mini Trekker AW 
  hide details  
Reply
FooBox
(20 items)
 
 
Camera Gear
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1650 V3 3.5GHz Dell C610 Quadro K4200 4GB 32GB PC-2133 DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M550 256GB Dell Windows 7 Professional Dell U2412M 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M Dell KB-212-B Dell 850W 80+ Gold T5810 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
Canon EOS 6D  EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM  EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM 
GraphicsOptical DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod Manfrotto 685B NeoTec Monopod Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head 
Optical DriveCase
Manfrotto 496 Ball Head Lowepro Mini Trekker AW 
  hide details  
Reply
post #82 of 145
thin? hardly

1080p not worth $350....

thinner or bezelless and 1440p... call me
post #83 of 145
I dont get the responses that with it being 27in it should be 2560x1440p. I thought 27in was like the perfect size for a gaming monitor and arent they usually 1920x1080? Now that 2560x1440p is out any 27in should be default 1440p?

Maybe I'm missing something here, please feel free to correct me.
post #84 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2punk View Post

I dont get the responses that with it being 27in it should be 2560x1440p. I thought 27in was like the perfect size for a gaming monitor and arent they usually 1920x1080? Now that 2560x1440p is out any 27in should be default 1440p?

Maybe I'm missing something here, please feel free to correct me.

You have to put this in the context of a PC monitor. While 1080p looks fine on a big screen HDTV due to 20 feet viewing distances, it is incredibly pixellated on a PC monitor when you're sitting 1 to 2 feet away. Additionally, there is nothing special about this monitor to make it stand out. Is it 120hz? No. Is it 2560x1440? No. If you want high resolution, there are much better choices. If you want a gaming monitor, there are also better choices such as the Asus VG278HE or the Benq XL2720T. This has simply nothing interesting about it whatsoever - and I don't consider "VA" interesting. VA has nice black levels, but what else does it have going for it? It has terrible viewing angles just like TN. Awful color reproduction. And it doesn't work well in surround because the viewing angles are poor.

It's another cheap 1080p monitor in a sea of cheap trash 1080p monitors. As I said. That resolution is incredibly pixellated on a 27 inch, if you're using a monitor in a typical manner, with up close viewing. Personally my preference is 2560x resolution monitors, because the higher resolution is incredibly immersive in games IMHO. I love it. And for the 120hz crowd who don't mind 1080p, there are other choices there as well for them. This monitor just has nothing to make it interesting - and knowing BenQ, it will be incredibly overpriced for what you're getting.
Edited by xoleras - 3/21/13 at 11:28am
post #85 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleras View Post

You have to put this in the context of a PC monitor. While 1080p looks fine on a big screen HDTV due to 20 feet viewing distances, it is incredibly pixellated on a PC monitor when you're sitting 1 to 2 feet away. Additionally, there is nothing special about this monitor to make it stand out. Is it 120hz? No. Is it 2560x1440? No. If you want high resolution, there are much better choices. If you want a gaming monitor, there are also better choices such as the Asus VG278HE or the Benq XL2720T. This has simply nothing interesting about it whatsoever - and I don't consider "VA" interesting. VA has nice black levels, but what else does it have going for it? It has terrible viewing angles just like TN. Awful color reproduction. And it doesn't work well in surround because the viewing angles are poor.

It's another cheap 1080p monitor in a sea of cheap trash 1080p monitors. As I said. That resolution is incredibly pixellated on a 27 inch, if you're using a monitor in a typical manner, with up close viewing. Personally my preference is 2560x resolution monitors, because the higher resolution is incredibly immersive in games IMHO. I love it. And for the 120hz crowd who don't mind 1080p, there are other choices there as well for them. This monitor just has nothing to make it interesting - and knowing BenQ, it will be incredibly overpriced for what you're getting.

Thanks for clearing that up and I do understand now what the fuss is over. I was playing on dual 27in 1080p monitors for about 2 years. I just received my first 1440p monitor on a 27in a week ago and it is really impressive.
post #86 of 145
So the guy that likes 1080p at 1.5ft on 27" is just crazy and doesn't know his own mind???

He likes it because he just does and it's all they need or want and you and no one else can say anything else about it because it is his OWN SUBJECTIVE OPINION. If it works for him then it does. Period and it's worth whatever that purchaser is willing to pay for it. PERIOD.

...and guess what. The market would seem to agree, because that's what we keep getting. You people seem to forget that WE'RE the NICHE. Not the other way around. Most people, right now, don't give 2 flying #&*@ about 27" at 1440p. We do, but they don't.


...and that's the truth of it.
Red Obsidian
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Asus Maximus VI Extreme Galaxy GTX 680 2GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 4x8 32GB DDR3 CMY3... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD  Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB Koolance CPU-370 Koolance PMP-450 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance HX-CU1320V 4x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU1020V 3x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU720V 2x120 Copper Radiator Koolance CTR-CD1224 12/24V Pump and Fan Controller 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair AF120 High Performance Fans Windows 7 x64 Professional Dell S2409W Seasonic Platinum-1000  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 900D Logitech G700 Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD  Logitech Z5500 THX 5.1 Surround System 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Obsidian
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Asus Maximus VI Extreme Galaxy GTX 680 2GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 4x8 32GB DDR3 CMY3... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD  Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB Koolance CPU-370 Koolance PMP-450 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance HX-CU1320V 4x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU1020V 3x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU720V 2x120 Copper Radiator Koolance CTR-CD1224 12/24V Pump and Fan Controller 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair AF120 High Performance Fans Windows 7 x64 Professional Dell S2409W Seasonic Platinum-1000  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 900D Logitech G700 Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD  Logitech Z5500 THX 5.1 Surround System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #87 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarion View Post

The screen becomes mirror like only when its turned off. This is what I was afraid before I buy it but I found out that all the concerns on forums where not right because very few ppl tried it. I use the monitor even with my lights on and no reflections like some ppl said.

At highest brightness settings (about 300cd/m^2), my AIO glossy panel GETS reflections when standing besides a window. My matte AG coated IPS235V is not nearly as bad.

They are not internet myths.
   
AGP bencher
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5 Sapphire HD 6950 2GiB 2x8GB KFA2 HOF DDR4-3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 256GB Seagate 600 Series 240GB Seagate 7200.14 2TB Samsung F3 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB Supreme HF XSPC Rasa GPU EK XT360 EK 4.0 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
W10 Pro LG IPS235 LG E2250V KUL ES-87 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SF Leadex II 650W Lian Li PC-A05NB Logitech G9 Xonar DX 
AudioAudio
SMSL SA-S3+Technics CB-250 Sennheiser HD555 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5700 Gigabyte F2A75M-HD2 G.SKILL Ares 2133 CL9 Hitachi 5K750 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Momentus .7 200GB Noctua NH-L9a Server 2012 R2 Standard AUO B156HW01 
PowerCaseOther
PicoPSU-80-WI-25V AIO Aluminium Handmade TP-Link Archer Something Something Wi-Fi AC 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
Core2Duo E6400 Core2Quad Q6600 Pentium Dual Core E5200 AsRock 4COREDUAL-SATA2 R2.0 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
A dumpload of ancient AGP cards Kingston Value DDR2-667 CL4 2T @CL3 1T Seagate 160GB 7200.10 LG IDE DVD-ROM 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Ghettomade CPU waterblock 49cc 2stroke engine copper radiator WinXP SP2 32bit ProView 17" 
PowerCase
Tacens Radix V 550W Ghetto aluminium bench 
  hide details  
Reply
   
AGP bencher
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5 Sapphire HD 6950 2GiB 2x8GB KFA2 HOF DDR4-3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 256GB Seagate 600 Series 240GB Seagate 7200.14 2TB Samsung F3 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB Supreme HF XSPC Rasa GPU EK XT360 EK 4.0 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
W10 Pro LG IPS235 LG E2250V KUL ES-87 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
SF Leadex II 650W Lian Li PC-A05NB Logitech G9 Xonar DX 
AudioAudio
SMSL SA-S3+Technics CB-250 Sennheiser HD555 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-5700 Gigabyte F2A75M-HD2 G.SKILL Ares 2133 CL9 Hitachi 5K750 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Momentus .7 200GB Noctua NH-L9a Server 2012 R2 Standard AUO B156HW01 
PowerCaseOther
PicoPSU-80-WI-25V AIO Aluminium Handmade TP-Link Archer Something Something Wi-Fi AC 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
Core2Duo E6400 Core2Quad Q6600 Pentium Dual Core E5200 AsRock 4COREDUAL-SATA2 R2.0 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
A dumpload of ancient AGP cards Kingston Value DDR2-667 CL4 2T @CL3 1T Seagate 160GB 7200.10 LG IDE DVD-ROM 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Ghettomade CPU waterblock 49cc 2stroke engine copper radiator WinXP SP2 32bit ProView 17" 
PowerCase
Tacens Radix V 550W Ghetto aluminium bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #88 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post

At highest brightness settings
As if the black levels weren't bad enough...
 
HTPC
(14 items)
 
File server
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Pentium G3258 @ 4.6GHz/1.281v (rock-solid stable) MSI Z97 PC Mate [media & productivity] Intel HD graphics [games] Diamond Radeon HD5870 1GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
4x4GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 @ 1800MHz 1.504v Crucial M500 480GB SSD RamDisk - adaptive 10GB volatile scratch LG Blu-ray drive 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cooler Master X6 Elite with stock fan removed CPU fan: 120mm Arctic F12 PWM @ ~300rpm PSU fan: 120mm Kingwin case fan via PSU fan plug Windows 7 Ultimate - 64bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
E772p CRT (Trinitron) @ 79-94hz 1152x864/1280x720 PS/2 Microsoft Internet Keyboard (replaced cord) Antec EA-380D (380w) with stock fan removed Logitech MX510 (blue) with replaced USB cord 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
White Monoprice 9963 IEM headphones [Left ear] LostEarBuds medium single-flange tip [Right ear] Unknown medium single-flange tip Asus Xonar DS 
AudioAudioAudio
Dual SOIC LME49990 DIP8 op amp [music] Foobar2000 + Xonar ASIO driver [games & movies] Razer Synapse 7.1ch to binaural 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo (Penryn) T8300 @ 2.4GHz Dell Studio 1535 Intel 965GMA 2GB 667MHz Samsung DDR2 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
1GB 667MHz Samsung DDR2 60GB Corsair Force 3 SSD Windows 7 64bit SP1 Toshiba 39L1350U HDTV 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Some USB wireless Logitech keyboard Rocketfish universial power adapter (my cousin's) Some USB wireless Logitech mouse couch 
AudioAudio
HDMI audio-out to HDTV HDTV optical-out to Denon AVR-200 reciever 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 3 @ 667MHz Some Intel mobo ATI Rage 128 AGP 32MB 2x256MB DDR1 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1GB Sandisk CF card - boot drive Western Digital Caviar SE - 320GB IDE Maxtor - 200GB IDE RamDisk - adaptive 64MB viotle scratch 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Athlon XP 2000+ Palomino stock heatsink w/ copp... Windows 2000 Pro SP4 None - VNC is used instead Bestec ATX-250-12Z 
CaseOtherOther
Some super-basic beige case Intel PCI ethernet card Linksys PCI ethernet card 
  hide details  
Reply
 
HTPC
(14 items)
 
File server
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Pentium G3258 @ 4.6GHz/1.281v (rock-solid stable) MSI Z97 PC Mate [media & productivity] Intel HD graphics [games] Diamond Radeon HD5870 1GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
4x4GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 @ 1800MHz 1.504v Crucial M500 480GB SSD RamDisk - adaptive 10GB volatile scratch LG Blu-ray drive 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cooler Master X6 Elite with stock fan removed CPU fan: 120mm Arctic F12 PWM @ ~300rpm PSU fan: 120mm Kingwin case fan via PSU fan plug Windows 7 Ultimate - 64bit SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
E772p CRT (Trinitron) @ 79-94hz 1152x864/1280x720 PS/2 Microsoft Internet Keyboard (replaced cord) Antec EA-380D (380w) with stock fan removed Logitech MX510 (blue) with replaced USB cord 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
White Monoprice 9963 IEM headphones [Left ear] LostEarBuds medium single-flange tip [Right ear] Unknown medium single-flange tip Asus Xonar DS 
AudioAudioAudio
Dual SOIC LME49990 DIP8 op amp [music] Foobar2000 + Xonar ASIO driver [games & movies] Razer Synapse 7.1ch to binaural 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo (Penryn) T8300 @ 2.4GHz Dell Studio 1535 Intel 965GMA 2GB 667MHz Samsung DDR2 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
1GB 667MHz Samsung DDR2 60GB Corsair Force 3 SSD Windows 7 64bit SP1 Toshiba 39L1350U HDTV 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Some USB wireless Logitech keyboard Rocketfish universial power adapter (my cousin's) Some USB wireless Logitech mouse couch 
AudioAudio
HDMI audio-out to HDTV HDTV optical-out to Denon AVR-200 reciever 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 3 @ 667MHz Some Intel mobo ATI Rage 128 AGP 32MB 2x256MB DDR1 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1GB Sandisk CF card - boot drive Western Digital Caviar SE - 320GB IDE Maxtor - 200GB IDE RamDisk - adaptive 64MB viotle scratch 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Athlon XP 2000+ Palomino stock heatsink w/ copp... Windows 2000 Pro SP4 None - VNC is used instead Bestec ATX-250-12Z 
CaseOtherOther
Some super-basic beige case Intel PCI ethernet card Linksys PCI ethernet card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #89 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez12a View Post

not bad but i think 27" is 2560x1440p+ territory.

Yep... wth.gif
post #90 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerVI View Post

So the guy that likes 1080p at 1.5ft on 27" is just crazy and doesn't know his own mind???

He likes it because he just does and it's all they need or want and you and no one else can say anything else about it because it is his OWN SUBJECTIVE OPINION. If it works for him then it does. Period and it's worth whatever that purchaser is willing to pay for it. PERIOD.

...and guess what. The market would seem to agree, because that's what we keep getting. You people seem to forget that WE'RE the NICHE. Not the other way around. Most people, right now, don't give 2 flying #&*@ about 27" at 1440p. We do, but they don't.


...and that's the truth of it.

.......I am not sure where to start with this.

What it really comes down to is people don't know what they want, and aren't capable of making a choice between the two, because they haven't been given the choice by the industry. Anyone that followed the industry knows that the major manufacturers were recently sued for price fixing and holding the market back. I promise you, if you took a 27" 1440 and put it next to a 27" 1080P, and had someone make a choice, they would take the 1440P.

People are "ok" with 1080P because that is what they have been told is the best, and have been trained to accept that. Consumer training is something that manufacturers spend billions on per year....

It is not OK for a company, especially someone like BenQ and their pricing, to drop a 27" 1080P on the market. People need to start voicing their opinions and voting with their wallets. The least Ben Q could have done with this was use a different panel tech, not a crappy VA.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K AsRock Extreme6 X99 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Windforce OC 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD Speed Edtition Samsung SM951 512 GB - I still hate Samsung!  Noctua NHD14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite Overlord Computer Tempest X27OC  Acer Predator XB270HU Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 Fractal Design R5 Razer Naga Razer Goliathus Alpha 
AudioAudio
AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [toms] BenQ Releases 27-inch FullHD GW2760HS Thin Bezel Monitor