Update for me which may help you some. Still don't know if I have 'ideal' temps but its much better than before when I was pushing 100C
Noticed you don't have a rear exhaust fan... I didn't either
Summary of my changes yesterday:
- Installed $10 2000rpm exhaust fan on rear of case
- Strategic use of twist ties for some cable management for better airflow
- Card was also 'sagging' a bit since it's horizontal so was able to level it out by twist tying the power cable to a point in the case. Think the shroud was pressing against sata port on mobo.
- Used Driver Cleaner to completely remove old NVidia Drivers
- Uninstalled Catalyst Drivers with AMD Uninstall utility
- Reinstalled 13.5 beta drivers
Not sure what helped but my Peak temps dropped nearly 20C degrees after playing an hour of Bioshock Infinite on Ultra settings. I am steady around 80C.
The one thing that hasn't changed much is my idle temps. I am slightly lower at 34C. Used to be 37C. Without a custom cooling solution, is it realistic to expect under 30C like some are claiming?
Still have some more tweaking to do and check on the system shut down issue(haven't had it again) I was having but I'll take 80C over 97C anyday!