Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › EA online down?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EA online down?

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
I am trying to play BC2 but every time I load the game I get "Can't connect to EA's server" error. Has anyone seen or herd anything about this? I hope to God they didn't shut down old game servers to prop up SimCity!

Thanks
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandex View Post

I am trying to play BC2 but every time I load the game I get "Can't connect to EA's server" error. Has anyone seen or herd anything about this? I hope to God they didn't shut down old game servers to prop up SimCity!

Thanks

They were performing maintenance yesterday and extended it:

https://help.ea.com/article/maintenance-scheduled-for-3-20-13

Some people on Steam are saying it's back up now:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/24960/discussions/0/828934089629927410/#p2
Peon
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
IvyBridge 3770K 3.5GHz - 4.2GHz Gigabyte UD5H-WB Wi-Fi AMD Sapphire Radeon 7970 1125/1575 w/Accelero X... AMD Sapphire Radeon 7970 Vapor-X 1125/1575 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance LP 2TB Seagate Barracuda 600GB Western Digital Black 256GB Samsung 830 SSD (OS/Apps/Origin) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
256GB Samsung 830 SSD (Steam dedicated) Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8 x64 Pro Razer Black Widow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
SeaSonic 1050W X Series Gold + HAF-X Razer Naga SteelSeries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Peon
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
IvyBridge 3770K 3.5GHz - 4.2GHz Gigabyte UD5H-WB Wi-Fi AMD Sapphire Radeon 7970 1125/1575 w/Accelero X... AMD Sapphire Radeon 7970 Vapor-X 1125/1575 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance LP 2TB Seagate Barracuda 600GB Western Digital Black 256GB Samsung 830 SSD (OS/Apps/Origin) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
256GB Samsung 830 SSD (Steam dedicated) Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8 x64 Pro Razer Black Widow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
SeaSonic 1050W X Series Gold + HAF-X Razer Naga SteelSeries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageofthepeon View Post

They were performing maintenance yesterday and extended it:

https://help.ea.com/article/maintenance-scheduled-for-3-20-13

Some people on Steam are saying it's back up now:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/24960/discussions/0/828934089629927410/#p2

Thanks dude, I just realized it's back up! Thanks! Do you know how to find out when stuff like this is happening so I know in future?
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandex View Post

Thanks dude, I just realized it's back up! Thanks! Do you know how to find out when stuff like this is happening so I know in future?

Ummmm, only thing I could find is this twitter feed from ea support.

https://twitter.com/AskEASupport

They mention the server maintenance and update the status of it.
Peon
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
IvyBridge 3770K 3.5GHz - 4.2GHz Gigabyte UD5H-WB Wi-Fi AMD Sapphire Radeon 7970 1125/1575 w/Accelero X... AMD Sapphire Radeon 7970 Vapor-X 1125/1575 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance LP 2TB Seagate Barracuda 600GB Western Digital Black 256GB Samsung 830 SSD (OS/Apps/Origin) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
256GB Samsung 830 SSD (Steam dedicated) Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8 x64 Pro Razer Black Widow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
SeaSonic 1050W X Series Gold + HAF-X Razer Naga SteelSeries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Peon
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
IvyBridge 3770K 3.5GHz - 4.2GHz Gigabyte UD5H-WB Wi-Fi AMD Sapphire Radeon 7970 1125/1575 w/Accelero X... AMD Sapphire Radeon 7970 Vapor-X 1125/1575 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance LP 2TB Seagate Barracuda 600GB Western Digital Black 256GB Samsung 830 SSD (OS/Apps/Origin) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
256GB Samsung 830 SSD (Steam dedicated) Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8 x64 Pro Razer Black Widow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
SeaSonic 1050W X Series Gold + HAF-X Razer Naga SteelSeries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageofthepeon View Post

Ummmm, only thing I could find is this twitter feed from ea support.

https://twitter.com/AskEASupport

They mention the server maintenance and update the status of it.

Thanks for your help. +rep
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › EA online down?