Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › 1100T bottleneck? Upgrade suggestions...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1100T bottleneck? Upgrade suggestions... - Page 2

post #11 of 38
what is temperature and voltage on load with that current over clock ?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd Phenom II x6 1090T gigabye UD7 990FX 5870 G.skill flare 2 x 4gbs 2000mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
westerdigital cooler master eisberg 240L Vista 64 bit spceptre 1920 x 1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
muli-media ftw lol 1200 watt silverstone none another cheap one $20 
Mouse PadOther
none ATi 650 pro theater  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd Phenom II x6 1090T gigabye UD7 990FX 5870 G.skill flare 2 x 4gbs 2000mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
westerdigital cooler master eisberg 240L Vista 64 bit spceptre 1920 x 1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
muli-media ftw lol 1200 watt silverstone none another cheap one $20 
Mouse PadOther
none ATi 650 pro theater  
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix View Post

Leaveing your Northbridge at stock is your problem, Set your CPU-NB Voltage to 1.28V and set your Northbridge speed between 2800 and 3000MHz, your bottleneck should be gone thumb.gif

thinking.gif "Gone" is a huge statement. If it is completely gone, I could potentially benefit from another 670. Would that be the case? If I could push that overclock stable... Do you think I would get THAT big a performance increase?
post #13 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthdread View Post

thinking.gif "Gone" is a huge statement. If it is completely gone, I could potentially benefit from another 670. Would that be the case? If I could push that overclock stable... Do you think I would get THAT big a performance increase?

If you can fine tune every setting, I would call it gone myself...

You get more of a performance increase by overclocking the Northbridge than the CPU it self. Trust me smile.gif You will love your 1100T long time after you get that Northbridge speed up! biggrin.gif
Ryzen
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 Nvidia GTX 770 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Stock AMD Windows 10 Pro Superflower 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 Nvidia GTX 770 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Stock AMD Windows 10 Pro Superflower 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonkev666 View Post

what is temperature and voltage on load with that current over clock ?

Ahh! I can't answer the hard questions ATM because I am at work, but as soon as I get home I will run me some tests and try and provide results.

I can say my temps running the 212 EVO are cool. I had a H60 that was garbage! I could get a H100 and try and push my OC to the limits... If It is needed.
post #15 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix View Post

If you can fine tune every setting, I would call it gone myself...

You get more of a performance increase by overclocking the Northbridge than the CPU it self. Trust me smile.gif You will love your 1100T long time after you get that Northbridge speed up! biggrin.gif

I never realized that the NB was a bottleneck in itself... I will have to experiment! Do you think I will receive an immediate performance increase? If so, I will run a few benchmarks before and after on a CPU intensive game...
post #16 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthdread View Post

I never realized that the NB was a bottleneck in itself... I will have to experiment! Do you think I will receive an immediate performance increase? If so, I will run a few benchmarks before and after on a CPU intensive game...

Hell yeah! you would notice the increase in performance as soon as you apply that overclock! Windows 7 should start up faster also!

You won't be dissapointed
Ryzen
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 Nvidia GTX 770 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Stock AMD Windows 10 Pro Superflower 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5 Nvidia GTX 770 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Stock AMD Windows 10 Pro Superflower 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthdread View Post

Ahh! I can't answer the hard questions ATM because I am at work, but as soon as I get home I will run me some tests and try and provide results.

I can say my temps running the 212 EVO are cool. I had a H60 that was garbage! I could get a H100 and try and push my OC to the limits... If It is needed.

ok LOL I'm running an H60, but I have two 110 cfm 9 blade pwm fans on it. My chip is also lapped down to copper.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd Phenom II x6 1090T gigabye UD7 990FX 5870 G.skill flare 2 x 4gbs 2000mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
westerdigital cooler master eisberg 240L Vista 64 bit spceptre 1920 x 1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
muli-media ftw lol 1200 watt silverstone none another cheap one $20 
Mouse PadOther
none ATi 650 pro theater  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd Phenom II x6 1090T gigabye UD7 990FX 5870 G.skill flare 2 x 4gbs 2000mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
westerdigital cooler master eisberg 240L Vista 64 bit spceptre 1920 x 1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
muli-media ftw lol 1200 watt silverstone none another cheap one $20 
Mouse PadOther
none ATi 650 pro theater  
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix View Post

Hell yeah! you would notice the increase in performance as soon as you apply that overclock! Windows 7 should start up faster also!

Um.... Windows 8... It's not THAT bad... confusedsmiley.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonkev666 View Post

ok LOL I'm running an H60, but I have two 110 cfm 9 blade pwm fans on it. My chip is also lapped down to copper.

I am not sure, but my temps using my H60 NEVER got cool... After I switched to the 212 EVO I went down like 20c - I did apply thermal paste correctly. Dot method. Ran at max pump speed and push/pull still not cool enough!

The H80 is nice though. Wife is running it and it works great. I may get an H100 just to push to the limits, and upgrade my crap ram because it appears to cause crashes at 1600... Testing needed.
post #19 of 38
Thread Starter 
Thanks guys. Looks like I am going to OC the NB... wish me luck. Tonight is a OC night. Let the crashes begin?

Edit: Any thought on the 670 3 way sli?
post #20 of 38
You can see more immediate benefits from the NB than going from 3.8 to 4.0 on the core, most people really don't know how much the gains from NB OC really matter but yeah that's why AtomFix and I point it out. While I disagree about the bottleneck being "Fixed" I think if you have no NB OC you will alleviate a lot of the bottleneck by OCing it and enough to tide you over to Steamroller/Haswell or beyond if you're ok with performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthdread View Post

Thanks guys. Looks like I am going to OC the NB... wish me luck. Tonight is a OC night. Let the crashes begin?

Edit: Any thought on the 670 3 way sli?

Going to the third card can causes ton's of issues for some and scaling really drops off, and you will REALLY see what a bottleneck is with a Thrurban if you choose to go TRI SLI. With your current platform I say don't bother, if you upgrade then sure but at only 3.8 you barely have the horses to run SLI 670's pretty good now. Check out the NB OC tonight and upgrade CPU/MOBO before you think of going TRI SLI.
Edited by Junkboy - 3/21/13 at 3:46pm
Ada
(24 items)
 
Aegis
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 EVGA GTX 980 ti Classified F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 120GB SSD Samsung F2 1TB X2 Samsung F4 2TB Hitachi 1TB X2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate 3 TB Pioneer BDR 2207 Noctua NH D14 Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Enermax 140mm T.B. Vegas Duo x2 Win 10 Pro Extreme Edition Catleap 2B  ASUS VH242H  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech mk260 NZXT Hale90 750 Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QcK Denon AH D2000 Harman Kardon AVR 2600 Polk RTi8s, Rti4s and CSi3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G645 Asrock z77 Extreme 4 Nvidia Branded GTX 460 SLI 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low profile DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Hitachi 1TB Windows 7 Antec HCG 750 Bitfenix Shinobi Window 
Mouse Pad
Diablo 3 Steel Series.  
  hide details  
Reply
Ada
(24 items)
 
Aegis
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 EVGA GTX 980 ti Classified F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 120GB SSD Samsung F2 1TB X2 Samsung F4 2TB Hitachi 1TB X2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate 3 TB Pioneer BDR 2207 Noctua NH D14 Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Enermax 140mm T.B. Vegas Duo x2 Win 10 Pro Extreme Edition Catleap 2B  ASUS VH242H  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech mk260 NZXT Hale90 750 Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QcK Denon AH D2000 Harman Kardon AVR 2600 Polk RTi8s, Rti4s and CSi3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G645 Asrock z77 Extreme 4 Nvidia Branded GTX 460 SLI 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low profile DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Hitachi 1TB Windows 7 Antec HCG 750 Bitfenix Shinobi Window 
Mouse Pad
Diablo 3 Steel Series.  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › 1100T bottleneck? Upgrade suggestions...