Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [WIRED] What to Expect From Windows Blue
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[WIRED] What to Expect From Windows Blue - Page 12

post #111 of 235
windows 8 to me is superior to windows 7. sure there are some things that annoy me but that comes with any major change to a GUI. i just think people are overreacting way too much about the absence of a start button and boot to desktop. it's literally 1 click of the mouse.

heck, i usually boot up chrome the second i turn my pc on, and now it's a nice big tile available at the top left of the screen that takes me to desktop anyway.


not to mention, i honestly prefer metro to the start menu. you can honestly organize it a lot better than the start menu, i just see it as a full-screen start button.
Ready 4 Skylake
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4690k 4.7Ghz @1.219v 24/7 Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 3 Sapphire Tri-X R9 290x G.Skill Ares  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Evo 850 250GB Toshiba 3TB LOL Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Dual Boot: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Xubuntu 16.04 QNIX QX2710 Evolution 2 OC'd to 110Hz CoolerMaster Quickfire Pro  XFX 850W Pro BE 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT H440 Monoprice Zowie AM steelseries QcK+ 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E6600 Asus P5LD2-VM Sapphire HD 3870 512MB 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 500GB Lite-On 24x DVD burner Stock Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sharp 47" TV Wireless keyboard/mouse combo Cheap Enermax 400W Banged up Coolermaster Elite 330 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
Ready 4 Skylake
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4690k 4.7Ghz @1.219v 24/7 Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 3 Sapphire Tri-X R9 290x G.Skill Ares  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Evo 850 250GB Toshiba 3TB LOL Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Dual Boot: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Xubuntu 16.04 QNIX QX2710 Evolution 2 OC'd to 110Hz CoolerMaster Quickfire Pro  XFX 850W Pro BE 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT H440 Monoprice Zowie AM steelseries QcK+ 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E6600 Asus P5LD2-VM Sapphire HD 3870 512MB 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 500GB Lite-On 24x DVD burner Stock Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sharp 47" TV Wireless keyboard/mouse combo Cheap Enermax 400W Banged up Coolermaster Elite 330 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #112 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by biltong View Post

If you don't like Windows 8, stop whining and don't use it. It's not like anybody's forcing you.

Lets assume that no-one whined about the lack of a start menu at all (And ignore the fact that you're on a forum, where people post their opinions) but instead just voted with their wallets...So, Microsoft sees decreased adoption of Windows 8 and is wondering why, they might look at the Start Menu, or Explorer having Ribbon as Ribbon has been a source of complaints in the past, or they might just assume it's from businesses sticking with Windows 7 as it's more mature for now and think consumers have no problem with Windows 8.

See why people complain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Amik Vase View Post

I wish all the win8 defenders would stop using the start8 argument.
Would you buy a car and have to buy the wheels seperately? no.
So why should we have to buy some half-arsed clusterfudge of an OS and then spend even more money trying to fix it when there is a perfectly suitable alternative called windows 7.

/Nerd rage

This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biltong View Post

Or you could just stick with the rock solid Windows 7 and be happy with it like you are and leave the people that want to try something new (and like it) alone.

Really. Nobody said you have to buy it.

No, but I am unhappy that I miss out on all of the features I do want simply because Microsoft refuses to give us an option in order to prop up Windows Phone...And what about the much better security of Windows 8? The slightly better performance?
Your argument also can be reversed, leave the people who dislike it alone so they can ensure Microsoft knows why they're not buying/using Windows 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzin92 View Post

Let me get this straight, are you not installing third party applications anyway? Oh I don't know, maybe that Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware software that you love so dearly, or maybe the odd codec pack or two and Flash or Java.

What I'm saying is, your argument is invalid.

The difference is I can get away with not using those (Also, I use MSE which is 1st party even if I have to install it later. wink.gif) whereas if I don't install Start8 or ClassicShell (Neither of which measure up to the Windows 7 start menu in my experience) then I have what is a gimped OS for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzin92 View Post

Personally I just think people don't like change. I'm happy we're moving from an 18 year old UI.



Also, lets move from round wheels...They're ancient! Never mind the fact that they work perfectly fine and are really suited to the job they do. Age is no reason to "innovate".
If Microsoft completely rewrote Windows from scratch using modern OS design techniques, improved performance drastically, etc I'd love it and be behind it all the way...I'm only against change then there's little to no benefit for me, GUIs are subjective things (Something a vast number of Metro defenders really can't seem to grasp) and as such, we should have the option to pick what we damn well want to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanDragon View Post

For people who will never, ever buy a Surface, the "unified OS" argument is a non-starter; we are desktop only, and prefer the shell that was designed for desktops.

This. I've already invested in Android, when I get a tablet I'll most likely buy something along the lines of a Nexus 7 or Nexus 10..There's no real reason for me to pick a W8 tablet over Android as the stuff I want a tablet to do doesn't really require a full speed x86 CPU. MS aimed at a niche without realizing it with the Surface Pro, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom55520 View Post

windows 8 to me is superior to windows 7. sure there are some things that annoy me but that comes with any major change to a GUI. i just think people are overreacting way too much about the absence of a start button and boot to desktop. it's literally 1 click of the mouse.

And what about those of us who make heavy use of the start menu? I'm not going to write an essay on it like RagingCain has before but it is not a suitable replacement for a great number of us.
As for consumers, yes, they probably are scared of change and too lazy to actually learn it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #113 of 235
So... will I be able to trade features between this and Windows Red?
post #114 of 235
I like Windows 8 and I don't even use Start 8. I think the 8 defenders should stop recommending that
Ice Wings
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 Samsung Green MV-3V4G3D/US 8GB 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 240GB  Samsung F4 HD204UI Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus RoG Swift PG278Q Ducky One (DKON1687) MX Reds w/ PBT keycaps. SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G303 Puretrak Talent  
  hide details  
Reply
Ice Wings
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 Samsung Green MV-3V4G3D/US 8GB 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 240GB  Samsung F4 HD204UI Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus RoG Swift PG278Q Ducky One (DKON1687) MX Reds w/ PBT keycaps. SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G303 Puretrak Talent  
  hide details  
Reply
post #115 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post

I like Windows 8 and I don't even use Start 8. I think the 8 defenders should stop recommending that

Well it's the simple, go-to solution for anyone who is positively convinced that the new Start menu isn't good for anything but tablets. I can understand why some people might not want to use it, so that's the next logical step. The problem is that step being a "big deal" to some. Defending it is lose/lose for the most part, regardless of what stance you want to take. This not so much due to the OS itself, while it definitely isn't perfect, but more to the inability of changing someone's mind when they're acting out of principle. People die for principle. nuff said.

Of course there are plenty of those who choose to bandwagon and be gleefully ill-informed (I dare not use the other "i" word), but that's possibly even more of a lost cause.
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #116 of 235
Took me a while to see it but so far I haven't heard a single W8 knight say the sensible words: "I agree, theres no point in microsoft forcing Metro on those who doesn't want it" The closes I've heard is "no you're wrong you can still use start menu, it's not much of hassle, rabble rabble rabble."

In the end W8 is a useless piece of unguided stupidity.
Yes it works but no it doesn't work... Microsoft has broken the most basic law of design: Don't add to the problem.

In order to cater for a nonexistant crowd of lame late adopt hipsters they've gone full auto insane o' bot. The anology with the steering wheel doesn't cut it. Microsoft replaced the steering wheel with a joystick, a joystick thats welded down, sure you can buy a third party steering wheel but you'll have to mount it on top of the joystick. But that doesn't solve anything since you still need to go online to work out the short cuts on the radio. It's a spoon for eating lobsters and while that might be good for Ballmer, he's chubby enough. I ain't having it and the fact that every discussion of W8 ends up in a debate over an uneccessary problem proves to me and it should prove to you that it's a failed system because let's be honest: Adding problems, subjective or not is a bad thing.
 
Rebeccas Dator
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K Asus P8P67 Pro  6950 DCII G.skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 330 Seagate Barracuda WD Green OCZ Vertex 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H212 W7 21.5 Sidewinder x4/Lenovo with Trackpoint 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900w Define r2 MX518 Qpad 1.5mm 
Audio
Edifier R1900TII 2.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
II X4 965 Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H Sapphire 5770 DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x 500gb DVD H212 windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x Benq 21.5 inch X4 chieftec 650w Define mini 
Mouse
mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Rebeccas Dator
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K Asus P8P67 Pro  6950 DCII G.skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 330 Seagate Barracuda WD Green OCZ Vertex 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H212 W7 21.5 Sidewinder x4/Lenovo with Trackpoint 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 900w Define r2 MX518 Qpad 1.5mm 
Audio
Edifier R1900TII 2.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
II X4 965 Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H Sapphire 5770 DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x 500gb DVD H212 windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x Benq 21.5 inch X4 chieftec 650w Define mini 
Mouse
mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #117 of 235
So what I have gathered from reading this thread is that we at OCN need to stop being afraid of change, and MS needs to stop changing for the sake of change. baaasmiley.gif
Webcrawler
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k ASRock Z75 Pro3 Sapphire 7870 XT Boost Corsair Vengeance, DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
SpinPoint F1 1TB 64GB M4 SSD Windows 8.1 SyncMaster P2050 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
Dell U2312HM Sidewinder X4 Be Quiet! Pure Power CM L8 430w Zowie FK 
AudioAudio
Xonar DG Sennheiser HD 555 
  hide details  
Reply
Webcrawler
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k ASRock Z75 Pro3 Sapphire 7870 XT Boost Corsair Vengeance, DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
SpinPoint F1 1TB 64GB M4 SSD Windows 8.1 SyncMaster P2050 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
Dell U2312HM Sidewinder X4 Be Quiet! Pure Power CM L8 430w Zowie FK 
AudioAudio
Xonar DG Sennheiser HD 555 
  hide details  
Reply
post #118 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutuz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by biltong View Post

Or you could just stick with the rock solid Windows 7 and be happy with it like you are and leave the people that want to try something new (and like it) alone.

Really. Nobody said you have to buy it.

No, but I am unhappy that I miss out on all of the features I do want simply because Microsoft refuses to give us an option in order to prop up Windows Phone...And what about the much better security of Windows 8? The slightly better performance?
Your argument also can be reversed, leave the people who dislike it alone so they can ensure Microsoft knows why they're not buying/using Windows 8.

What would be the point of letting you choose not to use metro/whatever it's called now when that's it's main point? They could easily have added all the features you claim to want in Windows 7 but then what's the point of Windows 8? The whole point was to unify desktops and tablets, which they've managed to do quite well IMO. I mean Windows RT is a clean port of Windows 8. They're literally identical. So take that away and what are you left with? Windows 7 SP2.

Look I've got no issue with people not wanting to buy it. I get annoyed when their reason is that they "have to" buy it, or that they want the stability that Windows 8 has when 7 is still rock solid and does everything you ask it to. If you've tried it and you don't like it, that's fine too, but at the end of the day it's MS's decision that they wanted to change things up a bit and try something new. They don't "have to" provide something because you say so, it's not your "God given right" to have what you want all the time unfortunately (I've seen people thinking that way, not in this thread but they're out there).
Edited by biltong - 3/26/13 at 2:09am
It plays TF2
(18 items)
 
LG Nexus 5
(12 items)
 
Acer 5745PG
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASRock Z97 Extreme6 Asus GTX980 Strix 4GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black 2x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vector 128GB Seagate 2TB  Seagate 500GB 7200.12 Some LG that works properly 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H105 Windows 8 Pro 64bit Samsung B2330h MS Digital Media Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Silent Pro M600 Coolermaster CM690II Advanced Logitech G500s CyberSnipa Something 
AudioAudio
JVC RX700 Creative X-Fi Titanium 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 LG Something + Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 Adreno 330 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
32 GB internal storage 8MP AutoAwesomeHDRFace + 1MP SelfieMachine Air Android 4.4.2 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
True HD IPS+ 1080 x 1920 pixels, 4.95 inches Non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery LG Sexybox Capacitive touchscreen 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 480m @ 2.66GHz GT420M 1GB 4GB DDR3 WD 750GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit 15" 1366x768 + two point touchscreen 
  hide details  
Reply
It plays TF2
(18 items)
 
LG Nexus 5
(12 items)
 
Acer 5745PG
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASRock Z97 Extreme6 Asus GTX980 Strix 4GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black 2x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vector 128GB Seagate 2TB  Seagate 500GB 7200.12 Some LG that works properly 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H105 Windows 8 Pro 64bit Samsung B2330h MS Digital Media Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Silent Pro M600 Coolermaster CM690II Advanced Logitech G500s CyberSnipa Something 
AudioAudio
JVC RX700 Creative X-Fi Titanium 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 LG Something + Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 Adreno 330 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
32 GB internal storage 8MP AutoAwesomeHDRFace + 1MP SelfieMachine Air Android 4.4.2 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
True HD IPS+ 1080 x 1920 pixels, 4.95 inches Non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery LG Sexybox Capacitive touchscreen 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 480m @ 2.66GHz GT420M 1GB 4GB DDR3 WD 750GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit 15" 1366x768 + two point touchscreen 
  hide details  
Reply
post #119 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie1337 View Post

You guys want MS to change....stop using their product and tell them why. If there are truly enough people doing that then MS will respond as it will effect their bottom line. If not...find a new OS that treats you like you think you should be treated or make your own. There's plenty of choice and change comes to those who make it.

Right. Because switching OS's is like switching from McD's to Burger King. Wake up dude - the same software isn't available on every OS. Trust me, very few of us would be using MS software if we didn't have to.
APU what?
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-3850 Llano(FM1) Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H 4x G.Skill 4Gb DDR3 3x WD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG DVD Seven64 LG 19"LCD / Panny 42"Plasma Logitech Cordless Elite 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec main, Rosewill aux Rosewill Logitech MX700 Couch cushion 
  hide details  
Reply
APU what?
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-3850 Llano(FM1) Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H 4x G.Skill 4Gb DDR3 3x WD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG DVD Seven64 LG 19"LCD / Panny 42"Plasma Logitech Cordless Elite 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec main, Rosewill aux Rosewill Logitech MX700 Couch cushion 
  hide details  
Reply
post #120 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzbutt View Post

Took me a while to see it but so far I haven't heard a single W8 knight say the sensible words: "I agree, theres no point in microsoft forcing Metro on those who doesn't want it" The closes I've heard is "no you're wrong you can still use start menu, it's not much of hassle, rabble rabble rabble."

That's what I've always thought is funny, the Metro "haters" just want to have the option of a 1st party start menu while most of the Metro defenders seem to want to convince us to their one true start screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biltong View Post

What would be the point of letting you choose not to use metro/whatever it's called now when that's it's main point? They could easily have added all the features you claim to want in Windows 7 but then what's the point of Windows 8? The whole point was to unify desktops and tablets, which they've managed to do quite well IMO. I mean Windows RT is a clean port of Windows 8. They're literally identical. So take that away and what are you left with? Windows 7 SP2.

Look I've got no issue with people not wanting to buy it. I get annoyed when their reason is that they "have to" buy it, or that they want the stability that Windows 8 has when 7 is still rock solid and does everything you ask it to. If you've tried it and you don't like it, that's fine too, but at the end of the day it's MS's decision that they wanted to change things up a bit and try something new. They don't "have to" provide something because you say so, it's not your "God given right" to have what you want all the time unfortunately (I've seen people thinking that way, not in this thread but they're out there).

..The various under the hood changes, improved explorer UI (I've always liked Ribbon) and the like would be enough for me to upgrade, for the $15 promotion anyway.
No-one is acting like it is their god-given right, but if Microsoft doesn't get feedback then how would they know what people like and don't like?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [WIRED] What to Expect From Windows Blue