Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [WIRED] What to Expect From Windows Blue
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[WIRED] What to Expect From Windows Blue - Page 9

post #81 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtriker360 View Post

lol what is so hard about pressing a key?

Nothing. It's still annoying and unnecessary...And what's so hard about just having an option to keep those of us who want it happy? MS leaves old code in Windows all the time, yet they actively removed the code from Windows 8.
Hell, keep the hotspot..I like that..Just give me a real start menu and not a start screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb222 View Post

Nice to see that OCN cant keep from whining about Win8 at every available opportunity. Keep it classy OCN.

Because if we don't whine about it Microsoft will never have any hope of knowing why people aren't buying it. (Assuming people do vote with their wallets)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtriker360 View Post

you guys need to remember that Microsoft wants to unified both platform, desktop and mobile, I see it as a pretty good solution to it, while Keeping all of the desktop OS powerful features.

You know that Android is just Linux right? That doesn't mean that my Arch install started using Trebuchet as the launcher...What about OS X, too? iOS is based off of it, but Apple only ported features across that made sense...They didn't say "You get the same OS on each platform!" and provide a modern example of the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzin92 View Post

Quit whining and just use start8 or something.

Windows 8 has been the best, most stable and reliable OS the desktop computer has seen since XP service pack 1.

It's not even like the Windows 7 start menu in my experience, same with ClassicShell...I can't put my finger on it but it definitely feels off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post

Everyone complaining about the start menu, you do realize you can bring it back easily right!

Read above.

Also, Proof I have a copy before anyone brings out the "You've never tried it!" arguments again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvsbutthd101 View Post

I've been reading and experiencing gaming issues with Windows 8. Not once have encountered an error on Windows 7 when gaming.

I've been getting them on Windows 7, but I'm fairly sure it's driver problems...Just not sure which driver. (Tried many AMD drivers, nothing improved, next up is Ethernet and Audio as they can cause lots of problems when they're buggy)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie1337 View Post

If not...find a new OS that treats you like you think you should be treated or make your own. There's plenty of choice and change comes to those who make it.

Sadly, that's just not possible...The only real alternative for most of us is Linux (Unless we sold our machines and got a Mac) which can't do everything an enthusiast would do as well as Windows, just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

They will come to their senses if they ever want to make another OS again that will be sold to professional environments in big quantities. We might however be in for a period where 7 will take over the business world just like XP did. When companies start switching to something else because 7 isn't offered anymore and MS sees a drop in marketshare, that's probably when Ballmer finally realizes that different markets have different needs. And that a company can branch out if it wants but it should also continue to do what it does best.

Personally, I'll just refuse to buy an OS for my desktop that was designed for touch devices. The OS is not fit for purpose.

This. I'd like to believe that MS are going to cater to touch and just release a "serious" OS every 5-10 years or so but..well yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post

the only people asking for that are nerds on the internet

That's funny, because at least 2/3 of the people I know hate it, they just don't complain here because they don't even know here exists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis158 View Post

You all can keep thinking that windows 7 is faster than windows 8, but Windows 7 never went from POST to desktop in 5 seconds flat on bootup for me.

Because boot time really matters so much...It's less than a 30 second difference tops. Go piss, go crap, get food, get a drink, check your email on your phone or something. As for metrics that make a difference more than a handful of times at most in yuor day, you're talking less than 5% differences. Get a RAM upgrade for the same price and enjoy the same benefits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperSB1 View Post

I complain and have problem with Windows 8 because this is an indication of where Microsoft is headed and it's very worrying. I feel Microsoft has taken huge steps backwards since Bill left. Windows 8 is just the beginning, a transition from the open OS WIndows always has been to a closed proprietary one like iOS. Microsoft has betrayed its desktop users to jump on the mobile(touch) bandwagon. Windows(blue) is just further confirmation of this considering they added none of the things that desktop users have been asking for. Some people call it whining but I call it giving a crap.

This. I don't get how people are so bone-headed as to not be able to see that MS is moving in a direction that is not desktop PC friendly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritanium View Post

Why are people getting mad at enhanced functionality for touch screens jesus christ

You realize that people who DON'T have touch-enabled devices are becoming a minority, right?

Windows 8 has its quirks, but it's a step in the right direction. It's an OS that works just as well with a mouse as it does with a touchscreen. People just don't like it because they're used to the same UI that MS has been rehashing over and over again since 1995. Some of you need to learn how to embrace change. There will be a lot of changes in your life. You might have to move out of your mom's garage soon, for instance.

Personally, I like Windows 8 because it's faster, and I thought that's what being an enthusiast was all about. But apparently, it's about spending a couple hundred bucks every few years for something that's almost exactly the same as its predecessor.

I'd personally rather keep them semi-separate, I'm not going to control my PCs with my tablets/phones and if you're just meaning they can save on costs by reusing the same OS..well, Apple did it better. They kept the UI they had for desktop/laptop with some improvements while using the same basic codebase for their mobile OS, but with a new GUI suited to it...Once again: Jack of all trades, master of none.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1973 View Post

To a certain extent, I've had to do that before. Windows XP borked the control panel and the desktop, and for years, the first thing I did anytime I reinstalled XP was to turn off "category view" and the unused icon cleanup "feature" so that I could actually see all of the control panels and not worry about XP taking my icons off the desktop because it decided I didn't use them enough.

At least you can just switch that off with an option (I do it too) rather than having to pay for extra software/download it. It can be done while you're waiting for your ethernet drivers to finish installing, for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acefire View Post

Hmm.... Who is the fool here? Someone who bought win 8 hoping that it would be what they need, or some one who spent 3 minutes doing research and bought win 7. It's you guys' fault for buying an Os without doing any research. The only thing you should be complaining about is how dumb you are.

I only got Windows 8 because I wanted to test if ClassicShell + Win8 does make it as good as Windows 7 in the parts it lacks, sadly, it doesn't. It's really a shame because Windows 8 is a step forward for nearly everything else, Metro is just a massive leap sideways...off of a cliff.

Also, what about the people that got it pre-installed on a laptop? I can't exactly go into JB HiFi and say "Yeah, can I get that with Windows 7 on it instead? Or what about Linux?" can I? I'm still paying for a Windows 8 license either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post

poor choice for productivity? What exactly makes Linux so good for productivity? for web browsing? Surely your not talking about for video editing or graphic design because we all know Linux doesn't have professional level software for that.

And if Linux starts gaining popularity, while Windows declines then you can bet application support in general will be improved on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldari View Post

It's amazing how some of the most outspoken people about how much Windows 8 sucks are also the most ignorant about how it works. Coincidence? Probably not.

I know! People who dislike Windows 8 don't seem to actually want to use it, it's a strange coincidence...rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post

As for most on OCN being "above average in IT"...debatable.

And you've just proven how little about the real world you know, even the other "IT Tech" (I use quotes as this person is barely above the average set by my group..who are already above average because I'm constantly talking about it) in my group of friends regularly wonders why their game of Sims lags...on their laptop running a Core i3 330m and its IGP.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #82 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJRhoades View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanDragon View Post

Unless they bring back boot-to-desktop and Start menu functionality, then I will continue to not give a rat's patoot about Windows 8.x.

Start 8 fixes both of those issues.

[snip picture]

To everyone saying there should be two separate OS's, I disagree. As someone who runs Windows 8 on a desktop and a tablet, it's extremely useful that both of them are running the same OS. I chose a Windows 8 tablet over Android and iOS specifically for the fact that I can run desktop applications on it.

Having the same OS across platforms is a plus, I'm not even going to argue that one. It's nice having the same functionality and interface throughout.

However, I think the point many users are trying to make is that developers should have never needed to make small software applications like Start8 and the plethora of other apps that allow a start menu and a boot to desktop function. It should have merely been an option within the OS to have whichever function the user wanted. That's all.

Quite frankly, if Windows Blue / 9, continues on the path of Windows 8, I guess Windows 7 will be the new XP. The OS that refuses to die (though it finally is 10+ years later). Either that or we will have more users swap to Mac OSX / Linux to just be more productive. We are not the only people, we are not the only forum that has multiple gripes about Windows 8, yet it seems Microsoft refuses to care... so be it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus Maximus Impact VII Z97 EVGA GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix VLP 2x8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Seagate 1TB SSHD Lite-On eNAU108-111 Thermalright Ultra Extreme Black 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Professional Asus PB278Q Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Seasonic 760W Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs Nova X2M Logitech G602 Razer Scarab Asus Sonar Impact II + AudioEngine A2 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus Maximus Impact VII Z97 EVGA GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix VLP 2x8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Seagate 1TB SSHD Lite-On eNAU108-111 Thermalright Ultra Extreme Black 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Professional Asus PB278Q Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Seasonic 760W Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs Nova X2M Logitech G602 Razer Scarab Asus Sonar Impact II + AudioEngine A2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #83 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZer0 View Post

How about learning?

I've used win8 daily for months now.

I use both, I just wont ever install win8 on my desktop again.
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
post #84 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7 View Post

Having the same OS across platforms is a plus, I'm not even going to argue that one. It's nice having the same functionality and interface throughout.

However, I think the point many users are trying to make is that developers should have never needed to make small software applications like Start8 and the plethora of other apps that allow a start menu and a boot to desktop function. It should have merely been an option within the OS to have whichever function the user wanted. That's all.

Quite frankly, if Windows Blue / 9, continues on the path of Windows 8, I guess Windows 7 will be the new XP. The OS that refuses to die (though it finally is 10+ years later). Either that or we will have more users swap to Mac OSX / Linux to just be more productive. We are not the only people, we are not the only forum that has multiple gripes about Windows 8, yet it seems Microsoft refuses to care... so be it.

If you want a start menu, to boot to desktop and whatever continue using WIndows 7.

It has Microsofts official support until the year 2020 and as XP has shown, even after official support is gone, the OS will still stand on its own two feet due to being so refined after a long period of time with service packs etc.

So there it is. You want the Windows 7 experience, use Windows 7.

You already have your ultimate desktop experience. Its there. Its what you want. Use it. Be happy.

In the meantime, MS are experimenting with new design paradigms for both their OS and hardware platforms for the future of computing, especially areas in mobile computing where people aren't yet able to use Windows with now very common platforms. They released a brand new OS design and the coming updates will begin to refine and tune that design, not throw it out the window.

If you want Windows 7 type functionality, use Windows 7. Windows 8 doesn't need to be Windows 7.
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 3/25/13 at 4:36am
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #85 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post



If you want Windows 7 type functionality, use Windows 7. Windows 8 doesn't need to be Windows 7.

If MS want people to actually use it, yes, it does.

No-one outside of this forum that I know likes it (this is the only hardware/software forum I go on)

I've not met anyone offline that likes it, and I'm part of a school of computing and engineering surrounded by digital media, computer science and programming students.

No-one wants it. No-one has installed it for free (and kept it) from the Universities resources.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #86 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

If MS want people to actually use it, yes, it does.

No-one outside of this forum that I know likes it (this is the only hardware/software forum I go on)

I've not met anyone offline that likes it, and I'm part of a school of computing and engineering surrounded by digital media, computer science and programming students.

No-one wants it. No-one has installed it for free (and kept it) from the Universities resources.

I've seen a handful of people say they like it, but most who did go to it certainly quickly got Start8 or something, or were meaning a tablet/convertible laptop. The amount of people who dislike it is immense, at least from what I've seen..I think I've seen maybe one person have it on their laptop at Uni? For reference, I've also seen at least 3 Linux laptops in the same time period. (ie. This semester)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #87 of 235
The four people who's OSs I know right off the top of my head all have Windows 8 and like it. I'm sure there are other people I know who have it and like it.. I just don't know what OS they have.
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #88 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldari View Post

It changes very little about either post. Just because someone is knowledgeable about IT doesn't mean they know how to effectively use Windows 8. In fact, if this forum is any indicator, I would say they are most likely to spend the least effort learning it because it's the "in" thing.

Yes I know some people have actually spent time learning it and still don't like it. Spare me. (noone in particular)

I doubt that, these are hardly statistics one can prove. Negative or positive experiences are more likely to end up in a post than (more or less) neutral people and those who simply don't care to respond will. The only trustworthy statistic one can use in this situation is adoption rate, which clearly shows W8 is not what people expected and/or want.
Never Finished
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8G Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666Mhz - (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB EK Predator 360 EK 250 X3 Reservoir Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Corsair Raptor K40 Corsair RM650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M500 Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Yamaha HTR-4068 Philips FWB C355 speaker set 
AudioOther
Hyper X Cloud II Samson C01U Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Never Finished
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700K ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8G Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666Mhz - (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB EK Predator 360 EK 250 X3 Reservoir Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Corsair Raptor K40 Corsair RM650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech M500 Gigabyte GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Yamaha HTR-4068 Philips FWB C355 speaker set 
AudioOther
Hyper X Cloud II Samson C01U Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #89 of 235
So people want Windows 8, but with a start menu and boot to desktop. Let's ignore the fact that both can be pretty easily accomplished with a google or two, but once that's done why do you want Windows 8 when it's so much like Windows 7 anyway? It's like the iPhone 4 and 4s. Ooooh they added an s to the name, it's new, buy it! (yes I know they upped the hardware a bit too but you get my drift).

If you don't like Windows 8, stop whining and don't use it. It's not like anybody's forcing you.

/rant

I'd like it if my touchscreen on my laptop got better support, but it's probably the hardware that's limiting more than anything.
It plays TF2
(18 items)
 
LG Nexus 5
(12 items)
 
Acer 5745PG
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASRock Z97 Extreme6 Asus GTX980 Strix 4GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black 2x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vector 128GB Seagate 2TB  Seagate 500GB 7200.12 Some LG that works properly 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H105 Windows 8 Pro 64bit Samsung B2330h MS Digital Media Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Silent Pro M600 Coolermaster CM690II Advanced Logitech G500s CyberSnipa Something 
AudioAudio
JVC RX700 Creative X-Fi Titanium 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 LG Something + Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 Adreno 330 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
32 GB internal storage 8MP AutoAwesomeHDRFace + 1MP SelfieMachine Air Android 4.4.2 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
True HD IPS+ 1080 x 1920 pixels, 4.95 inches Non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery LG Sexybox Capacitive touchscreen 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 480m @ 2.66GHz GT420M 1GB 4GB DDR3 WD 750GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit 15" 1366x768 + two point touchscreen 
  hide details  
Reply
It plays TF2
(18 items)
 
LG Nexus 5
(12 items)
 
Acer 5745PG
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASRock Z97 Extreme6 Asus GTX980 Strix 4GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black 2x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vector 128GB Seagate 2TB  Seagate 500GB 7200.12 Some LG that works properly 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H105 Windows 8 Pro 64bit Samsung B2330h MS Digital Media Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Silent Pro M600 Coolermaster CM690II Advanced Logitech G500s CyberSnipa Something 
AudioAudio
JVC RX700 Creative X-Fi Titanium 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 LG Something + Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 Adreno 330 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
32 GB internal storage 8MP AutoAwesomeHDRFace + 1MP SelfieMachine Air Android 4.4.2 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
True HD IPS+ 1080 x 1920 pixels, 4.95 inches Non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery LG Sexybox Capacitive touchscreen 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 480m @ 2.66GHz GT420M 1GB 4GB DDR3 WD 750GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit 15" 1366x768 + two point touchscreen 
  hide details  
Reply
post #90 of 235
I wish all the win8 defenders would stop using the start8 argument.
Would you buy a car and have to buy the wheels seperately? no.
So why should we have to buy some half-arsed clusterfudge of an OS and then spend even more money trying to fix it when there is a perfectly suitable alternative called windows 7.

/Nerd rage
Fate/Zero
(19 items)
 
Storage Server
(9 items)
 
 
MotherboardRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Gigabyte N3150-D3V 8GB Crucial Non-ECC (Live life on the edge) Western Digital 4TB Western Digital 4TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Western Digital 4TB Western Digital 4TB FreeNAS Corsair 350W 
Case
3U Logic Case SC-2306B-550B 
  hide details  
Reply
Fate/Zero
(19 items)
 
Storage Server
(9 items)
 
 
MotherboardRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Gigabyte N3150-D3V 8GB Crucial Non-ECC (Live life on the edge) Western Digital 4TB Western Digital 4TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Western Digital 4TB Western Digital 4TB FreeNAS Corsair 350W 
Case
3U Logic Case SC-2306B-550B 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [WIRED] What to Expect From Windows Blue