Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Help overclocking my 965BE on my new gigabyte 990fxa-ud3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help overclocking my 965BE on my new gigabyte 990fxa-ud3

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Ok so I've been trying to overclock. Everything was going great. Until I saw that I'm only overclocking 1 core. Is there some setting I'm missing? Am I blind? Not use to uefi bios yet so it seems like a hella big change haha.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just needing to know how to overclock on all cores. Maybe I'm just a big dummy and don't see whats in front of my face! biggrin.gif
post #2 of 16
Thread Starter 
bump....
post #3 of 16
First of all, I have the UD3 as well and mine isn't UEFI... But anyways what program are you using to tell you what frequency it is running at? If it's AMD Overdrive then that's your problem biggrin.gif Because Overdrive for some reason only shows one core being overclocked. Also make sure you don't have profiles in AOD conflicting with what is set in BIOS.
post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitalShot View Post

First of all, I have the UD3 as well and mine isn't UEFI... But anyways what program are you using to tell you what frequency it is running at? If it's AMD Overdrive then that's your problem biggrin.gif Because Overdrive for some reason only shows one core being overclocked. Also make sure you don't have profiles in AOD conflicting with what is set in BIOS.

No not using overdrive. I was check the frequencies with CPU-Z.. It's always worked. I don't get why it's only overclocking 1 core. And mine is UEFI.. I've got the mouse in it so smile.gif
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Also I'm not good with abbreviations what does AOD stand for? It's probably simple I'm sure.
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSkill View Post

Also I'm not good with abbreviations what does AOD stand for? It's probably simple I'm sure.

AMD Overdrive... biggrin.gif

Also CPU-Z doesn't show the individual clock of each core, it only tells you the CPU core clock that the entire chip is running at. Also I think you board is UEFI and mine isn't because you may have a newer revision. Mine is revision 1.1
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
Ahh yes My board is rev 3.. I don't even use AMD overdrive. Never have :O
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSkill View Post

Ahh yes My board is rev 3.. I don't even use AMD overdrive. Never have :O

Okay, cool. Now how do you now that your first core is the only one being overclocked?
post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
I've already said I'm using CPU-Z.. and Core temp.. Both display only 1 being overclocked.. I even downloaded AOD and it also said 1 was being overclocked.. Seems like I can actually get it to overclock correctly with AOD so I'm glad I have that now smile.gif
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
And cpu z does show the clock of each core.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Help overclocking my 965BE on my new gigabyte 990fxa-ud3