Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Best build with 550-600$ budget for a friend.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best build with 550-600$ budget for a friend. - Page 9

post #81 of 91
Thread Starter 
Yeah I will definitely grabbed that, the only thing is i'm waiting for him to confirm. Because he mostly just play wow, minecraft and lol so if he doesnt want to spend 220$ on a card i was thinking of getting hi the hd7770 that should be enough right? I'm only asking so i can give him option on a lower end card that fits his needs. That will bring it down to around 470.18.
post #82 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINE View Post

Yeah I will definitely grabbed that, the only thing is i'm waiting for him to confirm. Because he mostly just play wow, minecraft and lol so if he doesnt want to spend 220$ on a card i was thinking of getting hi the hd7770 that should be enough right? I'm only asking so i can give him option on a lower end card that fits his needs. That will bring it down to around 470.18.

the 7770 is 'enough' for his needs at the moment, yes. It should be roughly equivalent to your gtx460

The 7790 comes out soon and will be a great card at its release price as well.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1268889/which-140-gpu-gtx-460-vs-hd-7770-vs-hd-6850-all-1gb

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/536?vs=542
Edited by LuckySe7ens - 3/26/13 at 9:51pm
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #83 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySe7ens View Post

the 7770 is 'enough' for his needs at the moment, yes. It should be reoughly equivalent to your gtx460

The 7790 comes out soon and will be a great card at its release price as well.

Actually, the new GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB is a much better choice at its release price of $170 (or $180 pre-overclocked).

It's 64% faster than the 7770 1GB and 28% faster than the $150 7790 1GB (the $170 2GB models will be released in late April). That, and it's available now, unlike the 1GB 7790 which won't reach stores until early April at best.

perfrel.gif
Julia
(11 items)
 
Centurion (Dead)
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ EPoX EP-9NPA+ Ultra EVGA GeForce 6800 GS (256-P2-N389-AX) CORSAIR VS1GB400C3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS NEC ND-3520A Windows XP Dell M780 
PowerCaseOther
FSP Group SAGA+ 450R Cooler Master Centurion 5 w/ Window (CAC-T05-WW) Samsung Floppy Drive (SFD321B/LBL1) 
  hide details  
Reply
Julia
(11 items)
 
Centurion (Dead)
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ EPoX EP-9NPA+ Ultra EVGA GeForce 6800 GS (256-P2-N389-AX) CORSAIR VS1GB400C3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS NEC ND-3520A Windows XP Dell M780 
PowerCaseOther
FSP Group SAGA+ 450R Cooler Master Centurion 5 w/ Window (CAC-T05-WW) Samsung Floppy Drive (SFD321B/LBL1) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #84 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenge View Post

Actually, the new GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB is a much better choice at its release price of $170 (or $180 pre-overclocked).

It's 64% faster than the 7770 1GB and 28% faster than the $150 7790 1GB (the $170 2GB models will be released in late April). That, and it's available now, unlike the 1GB 7790 which won't reach stores until early April at best.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
perfrel.gif

Ah yes i forgot the 650ti boost thumb.gif
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #85 of 91
so if your range performance your aiming is like the HD 7770 only.... why you didn't take to try the AMD APU A10-5800k with a Hybrid Crossfire of HD 6670 DDR5 GPU and boom still you can OC it...i already make a list there on the 3rd page.....only eliminate the HDD and the price also reduce..... this is the link without the Hard disc and there you are almost $500 only http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Mw5I

thumb.gif
xd9denz
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz Hewlett-Packard HP EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR Nvidia Quadro K600 Kingston 4x4GB @1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Windows 7 Professional x64 HP V24a1 Full HD Monitor HP Generic 
PowerMouse
500W LiteOn PSU HP Generic 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-6410 AMD Radeon R7 M260 6GB @1600 Mhz 1TB HGST Drive(WD Company) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorAudio
Built-in Windows 8.1 15.6" Screen Built-in(Beats Audio with 2 speakers) 
  hide details  
Reply
xd9denz
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz Hewlett-Packard HP EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR Nvidia Quadro K600 Kingston 4x4GB @1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Windows 7 Professional x64 HP V24a1 Full HD Monitor HP Generic 
PowerMouse
500W LiteOn PSU HP Generic 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-6410 AMD Radeon R7 M260 6GB @1600 Mhz 1TB HGST Drive(WD Company) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorAudio
Built-in Windows 8.1 15.6" Screen Built-in(Beats Audio with 2 speakers) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #86 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd9denz View Post

so if your range performance your aiming is like the HD 7770 only.... why you didn't take to try the AMD APU A10-5800k with a Hybrid Crossfire of HD 6670 DDR5 GPU and boom still you can OC it...i already make a list there on the 3rd page.....only eliminate the HDD and the price also reduce..... this is the link without the Hard disc and there you are almost $500 only http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Mw5I

thumb.gif

he has a preference for Intel, doesn't plan to oc, and plays games that generally run better on Intel. otherwise I would be suggesting this as well. if op wants to save money on the.CPU then an I3 would be better in this instance than the apu route.
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #87 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySe7ens View Post

he has a preference for Intel, doesn't plan to oc, and plays games that generally run better on Intel. otherwise I would be suggesting this as well. if op wants to save money on the.CPU then an I3 would be better in this instance than the apu route.

He can go cheaper, this just suggested a stupid APU build... 400w power supply will be enough, Radeon HD 6670 1gb DDR3 is supported for hybrid crossfire, can get a cheaper motherboard... He could have done it under 450$ or less...
post #88 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirr View Post

He can go cheaper, this just suggested a stupid APU build... 400w power supply will be enough, Radeon HD 6670 1gb DDR3 is supported for hybrid crossfire, can get a cheaper motherboard... He could have done it under 450$ or less...

ok so you want the APU to the cheapest but still a good set up.... this one http://pcpartpicker.com/p/My0H lower than $400... so how is it now? smile.gif
xd9denz
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz Hewlett-Packard HP EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR Nvidia Quadro K600 Kingston 4x4GB @1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Windows 7 Professional x64 HP V24a1 Full HD Monitor HP Generic 
PowerMouse
500W LiteOn PSU HP Generic 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-6410 AMD Radeon R7 M260 6GB @1600 Mhz 1TB HGST Drive(WD Company) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorAudio
Built-in Windows 8.1 15.6" Screen Built-in(Beats Audio with 2 speakers) 
  hide details  
Reply
xd9denz
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz Hewlett-Packard HP EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR Nvidia Quadro K600 Kingston 4x4GB @1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Windows 7 Professional x64 HP V24a1 Full HD Monitor HP Generic 
PowerMouse
500W LiteOn PSU HP Generic 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-6410 AMD Radeon R7 M260 6GB @1600 Mhz 1TB HGST Drive(WD Company) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorAudio
Built-in Windows 8.1 15.6" Screen Built-in(Beats Audio with 2 speakers) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #89 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd9denz View Post

ok so you want the APU to the cheapest but still a good set up.... this one http://pcpartpicker.com/p/My0H lower than $400... so how is it now? smile.gif

I changed parts, same performance, better motherboard for using the potential A10 5800k... An aftermarket cooler is recommended.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MzeJ
post #90 of 91
I think the build that i made before " so if your range performance your aiming is like the HD 7770 only.... why you didn't take to try the AMD APU A10-5800k with a Hybrid Crossfire of HD 6670 DDR5 GPU and boom still you can OC it...i already make a list there on the 3rd page.....only eliminate the HDD and the price also reduce..... this is the link without the Hard disc and there you are almost $500 only http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Mw5I "
is much better than yours...and why only DDR3 version of HD 6670...i think there is a noticeable performance difference between DDR3 and DDR5 version of HD 6670.... so i will pick the DDR5 version of it... biggrin.gif
xd9denz
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz Hewlett-Packard HP EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR Nvidia Quadro K600 Kingston 4x4GB @1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Windows 7 Professional x64 HP V24a1 Full HD Monitor HP Generic 
PowerMouse
500W LiteOn PSU HP Generic 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-6410 AMD Radeon R7 M260 6GB @1600 Mhz 1TB HGST Drive(WD Company) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorAudio
Built-in Windows 8.1 15.6" Screen Built-in(Beats Audio with 2 speakers) 
  hide details  
Reply
xd9denz
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz Hewlett-Packard HP EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR Nvidia Quadro K600 Kingston 4x4GB @1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Windows 7 Professional x64 HP V24a1 Full HD Monitor HP Generic 
PowerMouse
500W LiteOn PSU HP Generic 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8-6410 AMD Radeon R7 M260 6GB @1600 Mhz 1TB HGST Drive(WD Company) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorAudio
Built-in Windows 8.1 15.6" Screen Built-in(Beats Audio with 2 speakers) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Best build with 550-600$ budget for a friend.