yes that is what I am going to do. If you look at the list you should see 4 LSI raid cards. Here is how I plan on using them.
Gaming / Video Encoding Machine
1. Hooked to the motherboard in the SATA 6GB spots will be 2 SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD512BW 2.5" 512GB in a raid 0 for drive C and O/S
2. In one of the PCIE slots I will have a LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS 9271-8iCC this has 1GB of Ram and the software to optimize it with SSD's
And Hooked to it will be 5 Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/120G 2.5" 120GB and 3 SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB in Raid 0
I know it is different hard drives but told this did not matter as long as they were the same size. this should give me a 800 GB drive to use with my encoding and ripping of video and also working with pictures.
1. 2 SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB in raid 0 hooked to the motherboard for the operating system
2. A LSI MegaRAID Internal SAS 9265-8i 6Gb/s w/ 1GB cache with 8 Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 600GB 10000RPM SATA 6.0Gb in Raid 0 for one of the server drives
3. A LSI MegaRaid SAS 9260-8i SATA+SAS Controller Card with 4ea WD 2.5" 750GB WD7500BPKT SATA 7200RPM 16MB Cache3Gb in raid 5 and 4ea HP 300GB 15K SAS Model HUS156030VLS600 Internal Hard Drive 0B24512 Hitachi 3.5" also in Raid 5
1. 2ea Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s in Raid 1 for the OS and either I will use m-atx board and the LSI LSI00244 (9201-16i) PCI-Express 2.0 x8 SATA / SAS to have 6 3TB hard drives I already have and 4 2TB drives I already have. Going to create a storage space that puts all the files on 2 drives sort of like raid 1 but O/S dose this. I am either going to use Server Essentials 2012 for O/S or Win 8. I am not worried about Win 8 as this will just be like a nas or back-up server to keep a back up of all my PC's.
But I am still considering selling the motherboard I have and the LSI card and getting the AsRock Z77 Extreme since EK made blocks for this. I think it would be cool to have 2 motherboards under water!!!!
1. This will just have a SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA III since all it will do is boot-up and run internet explorer so my wife can watch her TV from Ukraine.
I hope I was clear and you can understand what I am trying to say.
Edited by seross69 - 4/20/13 at 4:39am