Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PG] Battlefield 4 teaser trailer 'Prepare for Battle: Air'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PG] Battlefield 4 teaser trailer 'Prepare for Battle: Air' - Page 3

post #21 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletSponge View Post


None of the above..................
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Chinese Z-10 attack helicopter

Yeah, that housing looks about right at the base of the rotor shaft.
 
FPS Death Machine
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.905 GHz Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA SuperClocked GTX 660 4GB Kingston Hyper X DDR 2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital VelociRaptor Western Digital Caviar Black 1 Pioneer AIO Prolimatech Megahalems 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
7 Ultimate x64 ASUS VH232H Microsoft Rosewill CAPSTONE-650  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 300 [MOD IN PROGRESS] CM Xornet Elvis 
  hide details  
Reply
 
FPS Death Machine
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.905 GHz Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA SuperClocked GTX 660 4GB Kingston Hyper X DDR 2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital VelociRaptor Western Digital Caviar Black 1 Pioneer AIO Prolimatech Megahalems 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
7 Ultimate x64 ASUS VH232H Microsoft Rosewill CAPSTONE-650  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 300 [MOD IN PROGRESS] CM Xornet Elvis 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm View Post

I don't think so...the Sea teaser at least left us wondering what kind of sea warfare will there be? Was that a sub? a cruiser? a battleship?

This new one just flat out said, "There will be helicopters in BF4" Though I think we all were assuming that anyway. I guess it leaves us wondering what makes and models of helicopters will be in the game, but that is just a skin. It isn't like they will perform anything like the real world inspiration.

I am not left with any questions about the game that I am waiting for the 27th to find out more about after viewing that teaser.

It seems you have questions, and look underneath... people discussing what they might be, what the factions are, how subs will work... the more people talk about it, the more people are interested to turn up on the 27th and find out.

They aren't trying to say there will be this, it'll act like this and you can do this... they want people to discuss what they want, what they'll think will happen and before you know it, forum front pages are about BF4. Brand recognition.

You are literally doing exactly as they wanted! tongue.gif I work in marketing so it's a common practice wink.gif
post #23 of 31
BF3 has to be one of the most disappointing games I've ever purchased.
1440P Extreme.
(17 items)
 
Now the wifes PC.
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 3930K @ 4.4ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2011 EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G,skill Ripjaw Z series 2400 32gb Samsung 840 Pro Seagate 3TB 7200 RPM  Western Digital mainstream 3TB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro LG Bluray Burner Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Monoprice 27" 2560x1440 IPS LED Razer Black Widow Tournament Edition Corsair RM1000 CoolerMaster Storm Trooper 
Other
EVGA SLI Bridge 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7 870 @ 3.6 ghz ASUS P7P55D-E Pro EVGA 680 GTX 4gb EVGA 680 GTX 4gb 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR3 Samsung 830 128 GB SSD, WD 2TB 7200 RPM LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner Windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G24, 24" 1920x1200 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Antec TruePower 750 COOLER MASTER Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Rat7 Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
1440P Extreme.
(17 items)
 
Now the wifes PC.
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 3930K @ 4.4ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2011 EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G,skill Ripjaw Z series 2400 32gb Samsung 840 Pro Seagate 3TB 7200 RPM  Western Digital mainstream 3TB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro LG Bluray Burner Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Monoprice 27" 2560x1440 IPS LED Razer Black Widow Tournament Edition Corsair RM1000 CoolerMaster Storm Trooper 
Other
EVGA SLI Bridge 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7 870 @ 3.6 ghz ASUS P7P55D-E Pro EVGA 680 GTX 4gb EVGA 680 GTX 4gb 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR3 Samsung 830 128 GB SSD, WD 2TB 7200 RPM LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner Windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G24, 24" 1920x1200 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Antec TruePower 750 COOLER MASTER Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Rat7 Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 31
by the video u can tell its going to have all the same effects as bf3, blue tint etc
Turcoman Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800K Rampage V ED10 EVGA FE GTX 1080 Corsair 3000 c15 32gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Blue Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 Samsung 830 128 Sony Blu Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair h110 8+7+XP BenQ Xl2420T razer blackwidow ultimate stealth 2013 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200W Corsair 900D Razer Mamba elite 2012 steelseries QcK+ heavy 
AudioOther
2.1 Speakers Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit 
  hide details  
Reply
Turcoman Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800K Rampage V ED10 EVGA FE GTX 1080 Corsair 3000 c15 32gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Blue Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 Samsung 830 128 Sony Blu Ray 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair h110 8+7+XP BenQ Xl2420T razer blackwidow ultimate stealth 2013 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200W Corsair 900D Razer Mamba elite 2012 steelseries QcK+ heavy 
AudioOther
2.1 Speakers Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98uk View Post

It seems you have questions, and look underneath... people discussing what they might be, what the factions are, how subs will work... the more people talk about it, the more people are interested to turn up on the 27th and find out.

They aren't trying to say there will be this, it'll act like this and you can do this... they want people to discuss what they want, what they'll think will happen and before you know it, forum front pages are about BF4. Brand recognition.

You are literally doing exactly as they wanted! tongue.gif I work in marketing so it's a common practice wink.gif

Well, I guess I was thinking they wanted me to get interested to go look at the reveal on the 27th...and then have the reveal get me interested in buying the game. Had this been the only teaser I'd seen I would not be the slightest bit interested in the reveal. The sea one left too many unanswered questions...making it a great teaser. Actually hyping people up a bit with some wonder. This Air teaser answers every question a person could have...save for what the helicopters will look like. I am sure they will function about the same as BF3.

Had I been doing it I would had a flange of a jet exhaust. As I am sure there will be jets in the game too. Then we are left wondering will there be aircraft carriers? VTOL? Bombers?

I mean people are going to be talking about BF4 no matter what. They will have that with a simple press release stating, "We will have a BF4 info release on March 27th". In my opinion a teaser is meant to stir up wonder and excitement...and this one didn't do anything. It would be like if they released a "Land" teaser and showed a pair of boots walking across the ground.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm View Post

Well, I guess I was thinking they wanted me to get interested to go look at the reveal on the 27th...and then have the reveal get me interested in buying the game. Had this been the only teaser I'd seen I would not be the slightest bit interested in the reveal. The sea one left too many unanswered questions...making it a great teaser. Actually hyping people up a bit with some wonder. This Air teaser answers every question a person could have...save for what the helicopters will look like. I am sure they will function about the same as BF3.

Had I been doing it I would had a flange of a jet exhaust. As I am sure there will be jets in the game too. Then we are left wondering will there be aircraft carriers? VTOL? Bombers?

I mean people are going to be talking about BF4 no matter what. They will have that with a simple press release stating, "We will have a BF4 info release on March 27th". In my opinion a teaser is meant to stir up wonder and excitement...and this one didn't do anything. It would be like if they released a "Land" teaser and showed a pair of boots walking across the ground.

What helicopters are they, what role do they serve, can we launch from land or maybe there are aircraft carriers they take off from??? I'd love to see the return of Chinooks for carrying vehicles or people! This is the sort of stuff they leave us wondering smile.gif

Open your mind to the possibilities... then go check on the 27th tongue.gif
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98uk View Post

What helicopters are they, what role do they serve, can we launch from land or maybe there are aircraft carriers they take off from??? I'd love to see the return of Chinooks for carrying vehicles or people! This is the sort of stuff they leave us wondering smile.gif

Open your mind to the possibilities... then go check on the 27th tongue.gif

heh, helicopter will either haul people and/or kill people...

helicopters can take off from anything...so any semi flat surface they put in the game will work. (jets on aircraft carriers with catapults would be something to see though...landing cables too...wait...wasn't their a BF3 map with an aircraft carrier? Did that have a catapult to launch you? I didn't fly the jets too much. They seem too slow to me.)

The only question it inspires is what kind of helicopter is it? While the teaser may have sparked some conversion...if you scroll up you see that very little of it is good. The sea teaser thread was mostly positive stuff aside from the general BF3 hate that I am sure will be around for a long time even after BF4 comes out...and deservedly so in my opinion.
Edited by Vagrant Storm - 3/25/13 at 9:43am
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm View Post

heh, helicopter will either haul people and/or kill people...

helicopters can take off from anything...so any semi flat surface they put in the game will work. (jets on aircraft carriers with catapults would be something to see though...landing cables too...wait...wasn't their a BF3 map with an aircraft carrier? Did that have a catapult to launch you? I didn't fly the jets too much. They seem too slow to me.)

The only question it inspires is what kind of helicopter is it? While the teaser may have sparked some conversion...if you scroll up you see that very little of it is good. The sea teaser thread was mostly positive stuff aside from the general BF3 hate that I am sure will be around for a long time even after BF4 comes out...and deservedly so in my opinion.

And that's exactly what they want you to think about. It seems the main point of this teaser was to get the point across that the PLA will be playing a large role in the game.

First teaser said "Hey, look! BF4!"
Second teaser said "Look! Sea stuff!"
Third teaser said "Look! Chinese stuff!"

They're getting across 3 major points with these videos and all three of them have sparked discussion. Yes, the sea stuff has created more discussion, but that's because we know less about it.
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3illusiveman View Post

this is getting annoying....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield View Post

Nothing against the poster, but what a waste of internet space that video was.

These pointless news about news and teaser threads need to stop. It's getting worse and worse and nothing seems to be getting done about it, other than bumping a sticky once a year that no one reads.

Merge the threads into one if you really feel the need to discuss nothing, and speculate about everything.

Maybe move them to the rumors section.
Edited by Slightly skewed - 3/25/13 at 1:10pm
Form from chaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.6 ASUS ROG HERO 670 SLI 8GB TEAM DDR3 2600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 128GB LG Blu Ray Win 8.1 64 245BW 
PowerCase
Corsair1000W Lian Li tech bench 
  hide details  
Reply
Form from chaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.6 ASUS ROG HERO 670 SLI 8GB TEAM DDR3 2600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 128GB LG Blu Ray Win 8.1 64 245BW 
PowerCase
Corsair1000W Lian Li tech bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 31
Latest news on BF4 - There will be helicopters.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PG] Battlefield 4 teaser trailer 'Prepare for Battle: Air'