Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › My Corsair H100 leaked on my new 680-GTX
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Corsair H100 leaked on my new 680-GTX - Page 4  

post #31 of 180
bought an h100i because of corsair's customer service. corsair won't let you down thumb.gif
post #32 of 180

The H100 was clearly meant to be a CPU cooler. Corsair may cover it anyways, but I don't think it is an automatic gimme.

Mugendramon
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k ASrock Z87 Extreme6 R9 290 Crossfire Samsung 8GB DDR3 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 1T Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB EK Supreme HF Rev 2.0  HW GTX 360 Rad 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK Acetal waterblock W7 64 bit Yamakasi Catleap Q270 2560x1440p Corsair AX850 
CaseAudio
Corsair 800D Creative Titanium HD  
  hide details  
Mugendramon
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k ASrock Z87 Extreme6 R9 290 Crossfire Samsung 8GB DDR3 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 1T Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB EK Supreme HF Rev 2.0  HW GTX 360 Rad 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK Acetal waterblock W7 64 bit Yamakasi Catleap Q270 2560x1440p Corsair AX850 
CaseAudio
Corsair 800D Creative Titanium HD  
  hide details  
post #33 of 180
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post

This is the kit the majority of us run on the board

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16893/ex-wat-221/XSPC_Raystorm_750_RX240_Extreme_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_New_Rev_4_Pump_Included_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g30c321s1310#blank

It's a complete kit so you just unpack and install.

1. Unpack box
2. Install CPU block and res and measure out and cut tubing to length
3. Deinstall from computer, attach tubing and clamps
4. Fill and bleed system - takes a minute or two to bleed with that res/pump combo
5. Leak test for 3 hours. Some leak test for more but IMO 3 hours is plenty
6. Install in computer and start overclocking.

It's that simple

Thank you ever so much, I may consider it, but after the issue with one totally failing me my trust level is very low, I will keep this on the back burner for now but will consider it in the future.
also how reliable are these custom systems for leakage. how is the tubing secured to the fittings etc etc..

Regards
Dev
post #34 of 180
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by youra6 View Post

The H100 was clearly meant to be a CPU cooler. Corsair may cover it anyways, but I don't think it is an automatic gimme.

Greets and thanks for the reply,
I do understand that this is only a CPU cooler, however their support department claims they will cover any damaged hardware due to leakage.
so we will see. I will be posting my outcome when it is complete.

Thank you again
Dev
post #35 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post

This is the kit the majority of us run on the board

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16893/ex-wat-221/XSPC_Raystorm_750_RX240_Extreme_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_New_Rev_4_Pump_Included_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g30c321s1310#blank

It's a complete kit so you just unpack and install.

1. Unpack box
2. Install CPU block and res and measure out and cut tubing to length
3. Deinstall from computer, attach tubing and clamps
4. Fill and bleed system - takes a minute or two to bleed with that res/pump combo
5. Leak test for 3 hours. Some leak test for more but IMO 3 hours is plenty
6. Install in computer and start overclocking.

It's that simple
sorry off topic,
you say the kit comes with every thing? when you mean every is tubing fitting liquid included? also does it come with a gpu block?
post #36 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdevii View Post

Thank you ever so much, I may consider it, but after the issue with one totally failing me my trust level is very low, I will keep this on the back burner for now but will consider it in the future.
also how reliable are these custom systems for leakage. how is the tubing secured to the fittings etc etc..

Regards
Dev

Custom loops can leak as well, I would say you have greater control over it so if you are careful the chance can be minimized but there are no guarantees. That said i had better luck with compression fittings than i did with barbs, they look a lot better imo as well. A lot more money though, I spent like $200 in fittings alone lol.


Also while it sucks that it leaked, not buying one ever again because one failed seems a bit extreme. If i stopped buying products based on 1 failure i probably wouldnt own a computer.
Server/Gaming Rig
(22 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5-2670 intel E5-2670 Asus Z9PE-D8 WS Visiontek R9 390 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8x4GB DDR3 1333 ECC Registered Toshiba 5TB X300 Seagate 4TB HGST 4TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Sandisk 240GB Sandisk 480GB Samsung 830 128GB Toshiba 6TB X300 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Toshiba 5TB X300 Toshiba 5TB X300 WH16NS40 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell S1715H Dell u2311h blackwidow ultimate Kingwin Lazer platinum 1000w 
CaseMouse
Corsair 800D Deathadder Chroma 
  hide details  
Server/Gaming Rig
(22 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5-2670 intel E5-2670 Asus Z9PE-D8 WS Visiontek R9 390 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8x4GB DDR3 1333 ECC Registered Toshiba 5TB X300 Seagate 4TB HGST 4TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Sandisk 240GB Sandisk 480GB Samsung 830 128GB Toshiba 6TB X300 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Toshiba 5TB X300 Toshiba 5TB X300 WH16NS40 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell S1715H Dell u2311h blackwidow ultimate Kingwin Lazer platinum 1000w 
CaseMouse
Corsair 800D Deathadder Chroma 
  hide details  
post #37 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynails View Post

you say the kit comes with every thing?
He also put the link to the merchant's page where it's all explained : No liquid , no gpu block ;-)
I have to say that 3 over 4 watercooling systems I've seen pics of use this kit, no doubt it's popular, but then again, is it safe for a newcomer ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsay View Post

Also while it sucks that it leaked, not buying one ever again because one failed seems a bit extreme. If i stopped buying products based on 1 failure i probably wouldnt own a computer.
But you can use a computer without water, not without parts .
Edited by kamimaru - 3/26/13 at 9:32am
deus ex machina
(14 items)
 
  
deus ex machina
(14 items)
 
  
post #38 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynails View Post

sorry off topic,
you say the kit comes with every thing? when you mean every is tubing fitting liquid included? also does it come with a gpu block?

Comes with everything you need but its a kit for the CPU. You'll have to buy a gpu block and plumb it in.

Will also need to buy your own distilled water wink.gif
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
post #39 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by youra6 View Post

The H100 was clearly meant to be a CPU cooler. Corsair may cover it anyways, but I don't think it is an automatic gimme.

did you think he had the h100 as a cooler for his 680? he was using it as cpu cooler and it leaked on the 680 thumb.gif
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Easy V3
(17 items)
 
12 Pack
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820k Asus Rampage IV BE evga 1080ti FE w/ hybrid kit 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H110 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 Asus PG278Q Ducky Shine 3 - blue led - cherry mx browns Seasonic Platinum-1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dimastech Easy V3 Mionix NAOS 8200 Mionix Ensis 320 titanium HD  
Other
audio technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
post #40 of 180
would it need a extra rad? or is it capable to handle a card?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › My Corsair H100 leaked on my new 680-GTX