Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread - Page 2010

post #20091 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post

So if I had say $500 for a new GPU, what should one choose (With strictly BF4 @ 1440P) ? A GTX 780 or a R9 290?

r9 290 for sure with Mantle support in BF4, but i can't recommend them at its miner-inflated prices. for $400, yes.

GTX 780.... a Classified is the way to go, but its over $500 at that point, and the 290 is faster than stock GTX 780 reference.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700x Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo @ 2050mhz G.Skill DDR4 16GB 8GBx2 3200 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 750 Evo 250GB Crucial m500 960GB OCZ Trion 150 960GB Samsung 960 Evo 1TB m.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 2TB DVD drive Corsair H60 2013 edition windows 10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
32inch Crossover 4K Thermaltake SMART M series 750W Powerspec G418 case Thermal 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4910mq GTX 880m (GK104 with 8GB VRAM) 16 GB DDR3 3x Samsung 840 EVO in RAID 0 (1.31 TB total) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung M9T 2TB HDD Bluray/DVD drive Bluray/DVD drive Window 7 Home Premium 
MonitorPower
Panasonic 2880x1620 panel 180w Delta brick 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700x Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo @ 2050mhz G.Skill DDR4 16GB 8GBx2 3200 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 750 Evo 250GB Crucial m500 960GB OCZ Trion 150 960GB Samsung 960 Evo 1TB m.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 2TB DVD drive Corsair H60 2013 edition windows 10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
32inch Crossover 4K Thermaltake SMART M series 750W Powerspec G418 case Thermal 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4910mq GTX 880m (GK104 with 8GB VRAM) 16 GB DDR3 3x Samsung 840 EVO in RAID 0 (1.31 TB total) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung M9T 2TB HDD Bluray/DVD drive Bluray/DVD drive Window 7 Home Premium 
MonitorPower
Panasonic 2880x1620 panel 180w Delta brick 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20092 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post

So if I had say $500 for a new GPU, what should one choose (With strictly BF4 @ 1440P) ? A GTX 780 or a R9 290?

I'd wait, it honestly looks like this mining fad is about to burst. Prices should come down with a flood of used cards hitting the market. I'd avoid the used cards though, I don't think i'd want something ran like that 24x7 unless I could get it cheap. But like I said just wait for price drops or the next gen of gpu's from nvidia.
post #20093 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0kn0ws View Post

I have two 660's non ti and I average 100 fps on ultra with no msaa or whatever its called.
Hmmm....... 100fps huh?!

Well .... just loaded BF4 and have been playing most of today. With my 3770k @ 4.7Ghz and 2 660ti's on a 1080 @ 144hz Ultra settings:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2014-03-01 16:09:09 - bf4
Frames: 23296 - Time: 246326ms - Avg: 94.574 - Min: 67 - Max: 140

2014-03-01 16:36:06 - bf4
Frames: 77510 - Time: 969235ms - Avg: 79.970 - Min: 41 - Max: 163

2014-03-01 16:52:17 - bf4
Frames: 441 - Time: 5725ms - Avg: 77.031 - Min: 73 - Max: 82

2014-03-01 16:57:28 - bf4
Frames: 60686 - Time: 701708ms - Avg: 86.483 - Min: 12 - Max: 153

2014-03-01 19:46:52 - bf4
Frames: 102877 - Time: 1173517ms - Avg: 87.666 - Min: 23 - Max: 184

2014-03-01 20:11:29 - bf4
Frames: 112192 - Time: 1313279ms - Avg: 85.429 - Min: 11 - Max: 159

Now this is just a few rounds. Note that I also did not OC the GPU's. Not bad I don't think.

Game plays actually really well for me. I haven't noticed any of the issues that most have. Thou a few times I noticed the netcode issue with me behind a barrier and then dying. mad.gif

It also seems that recon is very OP compared to BF3. Not saying this is bad, just that they seem much deadlier than in BF3. Takes some getting used to.

All in all I really like it. I can't wait to get Premium next week. thumb.gif
post #20094 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstock76 View Post

Hmmm....... 100fps huh?!

Well .... just loaded BF4 and have been playing most of today. With my 3770k @ 4.7Ghz and 2 660ti's on a 1080 @ 144hz Ultra settings:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2014-03-01 16:09:09 - bf4
Frames: 23296 - Time: 246326ms - Avg: 94.574 - Min: 67 - Max: 140

2014-03-01 16:36:06 - bf4
Frames: 77510 - Time: 969235ms - Avg: 79.970 - Min: 41 - Max: 163

2014-03-01 16:52:17 - bf4
Frames: 441 - Time: 5725ms - Avg: 77.031 - Min: 73 - Max: 82

2014-03-01 16:57:28 - bf4
Frames: 60686 - Time: 701708ms - Avg: 86.483 - Min: 12 - Max: 153

2014-03-01 19:46:52 - bf4
Frames: 102877 - Time: 1173517ms - Avg: 87.666 - Min: 23 - Max: 184

2014-03-01 20:11:29 - bf4
Frames: 112192 - Time: 1313279ms - Avg: 85.429 - Min: 11 - Max: 159

Now this is just a few rounds. Note that I also did not OC the GPU's. Not bad I don't think.

Game plays actually really well for me. I haven't noticed any of the issues that most have. Thou a few times I noticed the netcode issue with me behind a barrier and then dying. mad.gif

It also seems that recon is very OP compared to BF3. Not saying this is bad, just that they seem much deadlier than in BF3. Takes some getting used to.

All in all I really like it. I can't wait to get Premium next week. thumb.gif

Well I guess mine wouldn't be as exact as yours, I just glance at the fps number in the corner of the screen every once and a while so I'm most likely off. I really should capture the fps like you did tho.
post #20095 of 29735
i can maintain 144 fps. thats what i got it locked at with 660 ti sli; not all ultra nor all high but im too busy tryin to kill someone to look at the pretty landscape
post #20096 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by 428cobra View Post

i can maintain 144 fps. thats what i got it locked at with 660 ti sli; not all ultra nor all high but im too busy tryin to kill someone to look at the pretty landscape
LoL. Right. It's going to take awhile for me to get used to this game. So hard to see people. LoL.
post #20097 of 29735
You dont need a constant 120 or 144fps to take full advantage of the refresh rate. I average in the 90's on my 120hz with ultra msaa off and its night and day switching between 60hz and 120hz. I mean I dont know how I used to game on 60hz, I made the switch with bf3 a while ago.
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20098 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66racer View Post

You dont need a constant 120 or 144fps to take full advantage of the refresh rate. I average in the 90's on my 120hz with ultra msaa off and its night and day switching between 60hz and 120hz. I mean I dont know how I used to game on 60hz, I made the switch with bf3 a while ago.

You right you don't but it is nice when you can, it feels smoother.
post #20099 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstock76 View Post

Hmmm....... 100fps huh?!

Well .... just loaded BF4 and have been playing most of today. With my 3770k @ 4.7Ghz and 2 660ti's on a 1080 @ 144hz Ultra settings:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2014-03-01 16:09:09 - bf4
Frames: 23296 - Time: 246326ms - Avg: 94.574 - Min: 67 - Max: 140

2014-03-01 16:36:06 - bf4
Frames: 77510 - Time: 969235ms - Avg: 79.970 - Min: 41 - Max: 163

2014-03-01 16:52:17 - bf4
Frames: 441 - Time: 5725ms - Avg: 77.031 - Min: 73 - Max: 82

2014-03-01 16:57:28 - bf4
Frames: 60686 - Time: 701708ms - Avg: 86.483 - Min: 12 - Max: 153

2014-03-01 19:46:52 - bf4
Frames: 102877 - Time: 1173517ms - Avg: 87.666 - Min: 23 - Max: 184

2014-03-01 20:11:29 - bf4
Frames: 112192 - Time: 1313279ms - Avg: 85.429 - Min: 11 - Max: 159

Now this is just a few rounds. Note that I also did not OC the GPU's. Not bad I don't think.

Game plays actually really well for me. I haven't noticed any of the issues that most have. Thou a few times I noticed the netcode issue with me behind a barrier and then dying. mad.gif

It also seems that recon is very OP compared to BF3. Not saying this is bad, just that they seem much deadlier than in BF3. Takes some getting used to.

All in all I really like it. I can't wait to get Premium next week. thumb.gif
something isn't right with those numbers....my 680 outperforms your numbers shown there, and it shouldn't
post #20100 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

something isn't right with those numbers....my 680 outperforms your numbers shown there, and it shouldn't

Post your bf4fta log. make sure your on ultra, as in 4xmsaa and high post aa.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread