Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread - Page 2018

post #20171 of 29735
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy6I0fhpXEo

I really hope this issue picks up pace, is as game breaking as the netcode imo and that is saying something, just in these example videos is pretty bad, amplify that in a metro bottleneck and it is physically impossible to aim, how that is acceptable in an fps game is completely beyond any comprehension to me. I would not mind betting that "netcode" is blamed a lot of the time when players do not realise this is happening to them constantly.
Edited by Ghost12 - 3/3/14 at 1:35am
post #20172 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterOddo View Post

Yeah this game is running damn near perfect for me, was good all day today!!! I am surprised too how much more fun this game is when you have a kick ass squad every match!
That round was obnoxious lol yessir.gif
Yep was a really good day with you guys. The OCN crew was killing it biggrin.gif Now we need to all mic up. Still cant figure out why the stupid in game voip wont work for me. We will have to use TS next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazee View Post

I still rocked it, lol
haha yeah was too easy with us all in the same game!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth420 View Post




Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy6I0fhpXEo

I really hope this issue picks up pace, is as game breaking as the netcode imo and that is saying something, just in these example videos is pretty bad, amplify that in a metro bottleneck and it is physically impossible to aim, how that is acceptable in an fps game is completely beyond any comprehension to me. I would not mind betting that "netcode" is blamed a lot of the time when players do not realise this is happening to them constantly.

In all honesty, I would like to see it increased for LMGs and snipers.
There's nothing wrong with scope sway - better than nothing and that horrible "shoot to the moon" suppression.
If someone gets mistaken about netcode and scope sway, then they don't know what netcode really is. It has nothing to do with it.
Edited by Totally Dubbed - 3/3/14 at 2:26am
post #20173 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post


haha yeah was too easy with us all in the same game!

In all honesty, I would like to see it increased for LMGs and snipers.
There's nothing wrong with scope sway - better than nothing and that horrible "shoot to the moon" suppression.
If someone gets mistaken about netcode and scope sway, then they don't know what netcode really is. It has nothing to do with it.

Lol you do realise with random scope sway/ screen shaking and the recoil mutlipliers being increased under suppression in bf4 it is indeed random shooting for the moon. It is ridiculous, imo. How you can say it is ok to not be able to physically aim when someone is missing you is beyond comprehension, but then again considering you play recon primarily it figures. When accuracy which is a skill is not considered important in an fps it is a sad state of affairs
Edited by Ghost12 - 3/3/14 at 2:44am
post #20174 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

Lol you do relaise with random scope sway/ screen shaking and the recoil mutlipliers being increased under suppression in bf4 it is indeed random shooting for the moon. It is ridiculous, imo. How you can say it is ok to not be able to physically aim when someone is missing you is beyond comprehension, but then again considering you play recon primarily it figures.

well as far as I've been able to tell, through playing, mostly as a sniper - I've not really experienced "shoot to the moon" as I did in BF3. (do remember, I utterly hate camping with a sniper - I'm the run in like a mad man type-sniper)
At least in BF4 I can still be on target, whilst being suppressed, in bf3 - forget it lol.

And yeah, that's the whole point of suppression - how would you suggest they replace it?
I totally get what you mean bro - but I have no idea how they can balance it out, if needs be.
Without it completely takes a little bit of skill out of the game.

Yesterday I remember with the MG4 - I was shooting at a guy over the hills, whilst mark was getting HVT'ed constantly on gill peak - I was shooting at the guy who was just below the hill and thus put him under suppression - so that another person could kill him.
post #20175 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

well as far as I've been able to tell, through playing, mostly as a sniper - I've not really experienced "shoot to the moon" as I did in BF3. (do remember, I utterly hate camping with a sniper - I'm the run in like a mad man type-sniper)
At least in BF4 I can still be on target, whilst being suppressed, in bf3 - forget it lol.

And yeah, that's the whole point of suppression - how would you suggest they replace it?
I totally get what you mean bro - but I have no idea how they can balance it out, if needs be.
Without it completely takes a little bit of skill out of the game.

Yesterday I remember with the MG4 - I was shooting at a guy over the hills, whilst mark was getting HVT'ed constantly on gill peak - I was shooting at the guy who was just below the hill and thus put him under suppression - so that another person could kill him.

Oh I fully understand your point regards recon under the bf3 suppression system and shot deviation, that has been removed for the recon class in bf4 so therefore better for recons but was far better in bf3 when using any other gun than is currrently in bf4, Idk how to balance it out but is completely ridiculous that is physically impossible to aim at times in this game, If I get a flank on metro which I often do and have a clear sight on 4-5 enemy players I should be able to kill them if good enough. I got behind your team on metro last night when at the side exit, killed 2 then they started firing in my direction and missing, I could not get a shot on target, maybe 1 out of 10 shots. The point is it is RANDOM, random has no place in a skill based game. This game has far too much random as you well know, netcode, Kia and on and on. Suppression promotes bad aim and removes skill from what is essentially a skill based engagement. Is far worse than bf3 imo even considering random deviation. I am shooting you at medium range and you are shooting me, somebody way off to the side is missing me from afar and you win because my scope is swaying all over the place. Random. Each to their own though lol, we do not have to agree, pretty much like our opinions on xfactor.
Edited by Ghost12 - 3/3/14 at 2:59am
post #20176 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

Oh I fully understand your point regards recon under the bf3 suppression system and shot deviation, that has been removed for the recon class in bf4 so therefore better for recons but was far better in bf3 when using any other gun than is currrently in bf4, Idk how to balance it out but is completely ridiculous that is physically impossible to aim at times in this game, If I get a flank on metro which I often do and have a clear sight on 4-5 enemy players I should be able to kill them if good enough. I got behind your team on metro last night when at the side exit, killed 2 then they started firing in my direction and missing, I could not get a shot on target, maybe 1 out of 10 shots. The point is it is RANDOM, random has no place in a skill based game. This game has far too much random as you well know, netcode, Kia and on and on. Suppression promotes bad aim and removes skill from what is essentially a skill based engagement. Is far worse than bf3 imo even considering random deviation. I am shooting you at medium range and you are shooting me, somebody way off to the side is missing me from afar and you win because my scope is swaying all over the place. Random. Each to their own though lol, we do not have to agree, pretty much like our opinions on xfactor.

ah yeah I understand!
Although for other guns - I still find BF3 was worse.
Carbines for me feel the worst in BF4 over BF3.
post #20177 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

ah yeah I understand!
Although for other guns - I still find BF3 was worse.
Carbines for me feel the worst in BF4 over BF3.

Regardless of what we think anyway the video clearly shows according to the game developer's own game specs, ie it should take 8 shots to cause it, it is clearly not working as intended, surprised lol? not really. I noticed myself and look out for it next time you play that a dmr being spammed in your direction causes it pretty much instantly. But like many issues the game is what it is, last few days have been a boat load of fun regardless, just could be so much better is the shame.
post #20178 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

Regardless of what we think anyway the video clearly shows according to the game developer's own game specs, ie it should take 8 shots to cause it, it is clearly not working as intended, surprised lol? not really. I noticed myself and look out for it next time you play that a dmr being spammed in your direction causes it pretty much instantly. But like many issues the game is what it is, last few days have been a boat load of fun regardless, just could be so much better is the shame.

Oh I've already noticed it.
What really irritates me is the RPG sway. You ever had that one yet?
Not even sway more like the:
I shoot here, and it shoots literally 30m above his head - not under suppression or anything, just the game going full retard lol

And yeah it doesn't surprise me at all!
post #20179 of 29735
Im sure this has been said before, but the BF4 servers are empty as hell lately!! Looks like everyone is on BF3............
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20180 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolern View Post

Im sure this has been said before, but the BF4 servers are empty as hell lately!! Looks like everyone is on BF3............

said already, but always good to remind people lol.
Yeah I've noticed this too.
Back in BF3 it always used to be full - BF4 seems to be quite empty....I mean generally speaking.
I'm sure BF4 sales were pretty good, but don't know if it has done as well as BF3 did.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread