Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread - Page 2089

post #20881 of 29763
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILNOK View Post

If you google bf4 esp hack you get a lot of results. The problem with BF4 is the desync issues ,commonly called netcode, and the bugged killcams right now. You can't just use that to determine if someone is hacking. If you suspect someone just stay quiet about it and spectate them. Then go from there. I see so many people crying hacks in every match. Its 100% more effective to spectate, record and report than to cry about it in matches like a lot of people do.

To only be told be EA that they don't care?
What's the point of wasting my time or anyone wasting their time for a game they paid for?
In other words we aren't paid to fix their game. We pay a game publisher and developer to do that, yet they're incompetent.

As for "false claims" - just sounds a little arrogant to me.
I know this might sound ironic and hypocritical from the above - but when I know someone is hacking, after having played the BF series for quite some time, I know well when someone kills me and it doesn't "feel legitimate" - netcode aside.

In fact just the other day - I got killed by this one guy camping in the AA - I know for a FACT that the AA doesn't have the range as to how he could lock and shoot me at AND the fact it doesn't shoot through certain walls. Yet I died by the AA a total of 10x in that match. Still beat the cheating ass noob on score alone though.
I was enraged, and left the following game as I couldn't stand playing in a game where I knew there was a hacker on the other side.

Reported him - but guess what EA will probably do? Absolutely nothing about it.
post #20882 of 29763
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

The problem with accusing people of hacks even with observing them, is sometimes people do the same crap and are predictable.

For instance, I play zavod almost exclusively, so I know exactly where the majority of people will stand or lay down while taking a cap. So it's easy for me to come around a corner firing into that spot, and that would look awful suspicious to someone spectating, but in reality it's because that's exactly where 99% of the people go to when they are capping. Or people don't turn off their lasers and you can see it bouncing on the floor or wall so once again it's easy to know exactly where they are at before you turn the corner, or they are pinging on the mini map so once again you know where they are at.

Which goes to show unless they are detected with a hack, you just never know for sure, because in this game there are too many variables.

It comes down to this, if you are hiding in a spot because you think it makes you undetectable or even less likely to be detected, than chances are so does everyone and therefore anyone who is experienced will know that is where you are at, so don't cry hack when they seem like they are firing right at you before they come around the corner or whatnot. You aren't fooling anyone, and they aren't hacking.

People not turning off the lasers has gave me so many free kills. ALso, if you have the green laser use it instead of the red laser. Its much harder to spot But yeah there are so many issues in this game that's why I laugh at pretty much anyone that cries hacks in chat. A guy gets 1 shot, cries hacks. The guy that shot him may have emptied half a magazine into him but the other guy on got shown 1 hit. Just way too many variables and way too many people that couldn't tell a hack from a legit player in the 1st place. If you suspect someone its always better to stay quiet so they keep doing it and spectate them. Record it and report it on battlelog and http://bf4db.com/players/cheaters . Most good servers use BF4DB ban lists. Another fun little tool if you use BetterBattlelog is the cheat-o-meter plug-in. It adds a plug-in to player profiles in battlelog that checks stats vs. averages to kind of give you an idea if they may be cheating.
post #20883 of 29763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

To only be told be EA that they don't care?
What's the point of wasting my time or anyone wasting their time for a game they paid for?
In other words we aren't paid to fix their game. We pay a game publisher and developer to do that, yet they're incompetent.

As for "false claims" - just sounds a little arrogant to me.
I know this might sound ironic and hypocritical from the above - but when I know someone is hacking, after having played the BF series for quite some time, I know well when someone kills me and it doesn't "feel legitimate" - netcode aside.

In fact just the other day - I got killed by this one guy camping in the AA - I know for a FACT that the AA doesn't have the range as to how he could lock and shoot me at AND the fact it doesn't shoot through certain walls. Yet I died by the AA a total of 10x in that match. Still beat the cheating ass noob on score alone though.
I was enraged, and left the following game as I couldn't stand playing in a game where I knew there was a hacker on the other side.

Reported him - but guess what EA will probably do? Absolutely nothing about it.

I've actually reported many people, gone to BF4DB the next day and seen them banned. Which means any server that gets their ban lists from BF4DB (which is most legit servers) they can't play on anymore. Also with the desync issues and "netcode" you can't just say " I know this guy is hacking because it didn't feel legit". I've gamed longer than a lot of you guys have been alive I'd say and that just isn't a provable thing to say. You might "feel" that way but that doesn't mean much when the water is clouded by the bad desync and other issues that make it nearly impossible to tell unless someone is being extremely blatant.
post #20884 of 29763
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILNOK View Post

I've actually reported many people, gone to BF4DB the next day and seen them banned. Which means any server that gets their ban lists from BF4DB (which is most legit servers) they can't play on anymore. Also with the desync issues and "netcode" you can't just say " I know this guy is hacking because it didn't feel legit". I've gamed longer than a lot of you guys have been alive I'd say and that just isn't a provable thing to say. You might "feel" that way but that doesn't mean much when the water is clouded by the bad desync and other issues that make it nearly impossible to tell unless someone is being extremely blatant.

So active missiles (meant for short range, even have been nerfed) can shoot cross map on "resort"? I don't think so. Simple as that.
post #20885 of 29763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

So active missiles (meant for short range, even have been nerfed) can shoot cross map on "resort"? I don't think so. Simple as that.

That's the problem though. It isn't as simple as that. With all the problems in the game whos to say that isn't just another game bug. It isn't always a hack just because you say its a hack.
Edited by EVILNOK - 3/13/14 at 12:36pm
post #20886 of 29763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadboy90 View Post

Has anyone en countered this problem with BF3 or 4?

While using a Phenom CPU and 1333 MHz ram I was constantly getting MASSIVE amounts of stuttering. I'm talking 10 seconds at a time. I have since fixed the problem by upgrading to 1600mhz RAM that fixed the problem for whatever reason. Since then I have run into 3 different people with 1333mhz ram and having the same issue. Is this more widespread than I initially thought?

My dad is running my old Phenom B55 and 1333 MHz ram and is not having any issues. In fact he has been experiencing smoother gameplay after the last couple patches. That setup with a gtx 570 on med-high settings on 1080p getting 60fps. Not bad for an older setup.
MINE
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-2600k @ 4.5 Asus p8z68-vpro/gen3 Sapphire dual-x 7970 oc Sapphire dual-x 7970 oc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengence 2x4gb OCZ Vertex 4 128GB Crucial M550 256GB Lite-on DVD burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Win 7 64 home premium Crossover 2795 QHD @ 96Hz Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA SuperNova 1000 G2 Antec 902 Logitech G500 Asus Xonar DG  
  hide details  
Reply
MINE
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-2600k @ 4.5 Asus p8z68-vpro/gen3 Sapphire dual-x 7970 oc Sapphire dual-x 7970 oc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengence 2x4gb OCZ Vertex 4 128GB Crucial M550 256GB Lite-on DVD burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Win 7 64 home premium Crossover 2795 QHD @ 96Hz Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA SuperNova 1000 G2 Antec 902 Logitech G500 Asus Xonar DG  
  hide details  
Reply
post #20887 of 29763
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILNOK View Post

That's the problem thought. It isn't as simple as that. With all the problems in the game whos to say that isn't just another game bug. It isn't always a hack just because you say its a hack.

Since when was the AA's missiles a "bug" - common stop digging yourself a hole buddy.
post #20888 of 29763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Since when was the AA's missiles a "bug" - common stop digging yourself a hole buddy.

I'm using an example and you're missing the point. I'm saying with all the issues it could be a bug. It isn't like it would be out of the realm of possibility. I'm also saying you can't just go by whether a kill "feels legit" or not to tell if someone is hacking. Period. If you're going to go by what "feels legit' to tell who is hacking and who isn't you're not going to sound much different from all the other people crying hacks in every match.
post #20889 of 29763
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILNOK View Post

I'm using an example and you're missing the point. I'm saying with all the issues it could be a bug. It isn't like it would be out of the realm of possibility. I'm also saying you can't just go by whether a kill "feels legit" or not to tell if someone is hacking. Period. If you're going to go by what "feels legit' to tell who is hacking and who isn't you're not going to sound much different from all the other people crying hacks in every match.

Sigh, you're one of them.
post #20890 of 29763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Sigh, you're one of them.

I guess. Whatever that means.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread