Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread - Page 2153

post #21521 of 29735
The AC130 just needs to be countered with teamwork - as Aparition perfectly put it, like most things in Bf that are usually referred to as... OP
post #21522 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond32 View Post

This I can agree with. But my concern are maps like caspean (sp?) where there is no aa tank. I agree, it does die easy. But now you sort of depend on half competent jet pilots to ignore failed bombing runs to go destroy the ac130... I hate aspects of the game that ultimately end out where you rely heavy on someone else.

Uh it's a team game. This is all by design and people working together are supposed to be powerful. The problem is not inherent to this rather that most players on pubs suck at teamwork. To be fair, it's not always so easy to do but seems too many don't even try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daguardian View Post

The AC130 just needs to be countered with teamwork - as Aparition perfectly put it, like most things in Bf that are usually referred to as... OP

Exactly. Teamwork is OP! Just like it should be.
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #21523 of 29735
There's a clear difference to me as a gamer, between OP, over used and teamwork. AC130 was devastating as it was, now it's just ridiculous, commander just spam spawns it too.
Sorry, I can't agree on that. Useless by DICE, absolutely useless. I would say disappointing, but I'm already well passed that with this game
post #21524 of 29735
Well I hate getting killed by it as much as the next guy (second only to commander missiles…if I wanted to get occasionally owned by some douche canoe on his couch I'd buy a console) but if it's true that accurate shots were not rewarded then I by all means agree with the change.
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #21525 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyvillain View Post

Well I hate getting killed by it as much as the next guy (second only to commander missiles…if I wanted to get occasionally owned by some douche canoe on his couch I'd buy a console) but if it's true that accurate shots were not rewarded then I by all means agree with the change.
I was nailing choppers with it...even took out a plane with the main canon. Never had any problems personally
post #21526 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexKobra View Post

Im not sure if this has been posted here yet, but here are some changes in the upcoming NS DLC Patch:

-Killcam bug fixed
-Receive gold packs when earning service stars
-Grenades take much longer to regenerate
-LVG noob tube now has a shorter fuse and damage down to 80
-M4 and M416A4 now have lower vertical recoil (YES!)
-Buckshot damaged increased VS armored infantry
-Transport Helicopter mini gun now much more powerful
-AC130 damage increased (WHY?)


All of the changes above are welcome but why increase the AC130's damage? In the right hands it can absolutely devastate an opposing team.

Oh well, I look forward to reusing the M4/M416A4.

DICE seriously loves to buff shotguns. In BF3 they were buffed all the time lol. Fine by me biggrin.gif So it seems I won't be taking out entire rooms of people with LVG anymore, unless I can get 2 in quick enough. People really hate the LVG, and I tend to agree when I am on the receiving side. Actually, that and shotguns on Metro/Lockers will get comments pretty easily. "LVG noobs" or "shotgun noobs"
post #21527 of 29735
I don't even have a problem with the AC130. I have a bigger problem with the spawn system tbh. LoL
post #21528 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstock76 View Post

Christ I thought the M4 was good as it was. Woot! Time to break it back out.

G36C ... I'm speechless. ;-)

Don't have anything against MAV riding. Think it's cool mostly.

Not sure about the helo and gunship upgrades yet. Like it was stated above, we'll have too how it plays out.

Agreed. Hard to form an opinion about something we haven't even tried yet.

I look at the AC130 situation like this: Its effectiveness is dependant on how long the enemy team wants to let it stay up. If they are so terrible they won't do 1 fly by and take it out they deserve to get punished with it. Either way, its always best to at least wait til we get to try the changes before we say they suck or not.
post #21529 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyvillain View Post

Uh it's a team game. This is all by design and people working together are supposed to be powerful. The problem is not inherent to this rather that most players on pubs suck at teamwork. To be fair, it's not always so easy to do but seems too many don't even try.
Exactly. Teamwork is OP! Just like it should be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILNOK View Post

Agreed. Hard to form an opinion about something we haven't even tried yet.

I look at the AC130 situation like this: Its effectiveness is dependant on how long the enemy team wants to let it stay up. If they are so terrible they won't do 1 fly by and take it out they deserve to get punished with it. Either way, its always best to at least wait til we get to try the changes before we say they suck or not.
Agreed thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

I was nailing choppers with it...even took out a plane with the main canon. Never had any problems personally

yup, that part was working as it should,(V Vehicles) but that is not what the change is for, its the splash damage and damage V infantry, as it should be.
post #21530 of 29735
I'll be so glad when they nerf that LVG noob tube in the next patch. That weapon is so unrealistic, stupid and huwaaaay OP. mad.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread