Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread - Page 2212

post #22111 of 29764
If your benching bf4 and not using bf4fta then I'm not interested, I want to see time above fps not min fps or everage fps. If your min is 25 but it only happened once who cares, same for average if 100 fps half the time and 50 fa the other half you never spend time at the average. On the other hand if 99 percent of the time your greater than 75 fps that's useful info. Useless benches need to get with the times. Same goes with mantle benchmarks that don't last at least 10 minutes, any smaller time and you won't notice the hitching
Edited by the9quad - 4/9/14 at 8:51am
post #22112 of 29764
Had an absolute blast last night in Zavod.
Me and a clanmate went flying in a littlebird.

He's the pilot , i'm on his left (right side is for ammo crate - in the beginning) another clanmate was repping and shooting stingers to make the other littlebird flare.
When making an attacking dive i would also shoot the MG4 on the enemy.
You would be surprised howmutch suppression assists and kills one could get like this.

Now i'm running with C4.
When we where trying to secure Foxtrot ,
i asked him to go above the LAV wich spawns there after taking the point.
Dropped some C4 on it.
We couldn't get the point , so the enemy took the LAV.
Apparantly , you get over 800 points for a full LAV when you take it out biggrin.gif

So we left Foxtrot for what it was.
Once every time we went back to go back and place C4 on the LAV.
When we saw it in the field , i would blow it up biggrin.gif

Only in battlefield ,
right there biggrin.gif
post #22113 of 29764
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

If your benching bf4 and not using bf4fta then I'm not interested, I want to see time above fps not min fps or everage fps. If your min is 25 but it only happened once who cares, same for average if 100 fps half the time and 50 fa the other half you never spend time at the average. On the other hand if 99 percent of the time your greater than 75 fps that's useful info. Useless benches need to get with the times. Same goes with mantle benchmarks that don't last at least 10 minutes, any smaller time and you won't notice the hitching

good for you, don't be interested. thumb.gif
post #22114 of 29764
I'm %100 of the time at 70FPS, unless I'm in loading screen which is 30 FPS.

BF4fta says I average 98 FPS. guitar.gif
Rig 2.0
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-V EVGA GTX780 SC ACX Samsung DDR 3 (2 DIMMS) MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 SSD WD Caviar Black Asus DVD/RW Xigmatek s-1283 HDT (Air Cooling) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Scythe Slipstream 1200RPM (x2) Antec 140mm + Antec 120mm + Xigmatek 120mm (x2) Win 7 64bit Acer S243HL bmii - 24" 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Corsair Carbide 300R MX 518 Auzentek X-Fi Forte 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig 2.0
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-V EVGA GTX780 SC ACX Samsung DDR 3 (2 DIMMS) MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 SSD WD Caviar Black Asus DVD/RW Xigmatek s-1283 HDT (Air Cooling) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Scythe Slipstream 1200RPM (x2) Antec 140mm + Antec 120mm + Xigmatek 120mm (x2) Win 7 64bit Acer S243HL bmii - 24" 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Corsair Carbide 300R MX 518 Auzentek X-Fi Forte 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22115 of 29764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparition View Post

I'm %100 of the time at 70FPS, unless I'm in loading screen which is 30 FPS.

BF4fta says I average 98 FPS. guitar.gif

You're not going to believe these results.
Editing them in now.
post #22116 of 29764
I am really confused. There has to be something capping my frames at 60. I have V-Sync off and I am using a 120Hz monitor. On all LOW settings I get 60fps, SOLID. I switched to a Custom setting with everything on HIGH except 2 things on MEDIUM and I still get a solid 60FPS, no higher. Which doesn't make any sense. How could I only get 60 FPS on LOW when I can increase most of everything to HIGH and still get the same 60fps. It doesn't make sense. Anyone know what is happening?
post #22117 of 29764
I'm speechless - new drivers vs HT on and off vs OS

Windows 7 VS Windows 8.1

In here you'll see the averages of each data (min, max, avg) - put against each other.
You're going to be absolutely surprised of the results. Windows 7 comes out on top - by a HUGE margin.
The figures shown are the differences that Win8.1 has OVER win7.
Thus if it is positive - it's how win8.1 is POSITIVELY better than win7. If however it's negative, then it means win7 comes out on top.

The values at the bottom are displayed by percentages.

post #22118 of 29764
I'd say Win7 is actually better.

A higher min FPS is better than a higher average for people who don't run SLI or top tier GPUs.
My Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2700K 3.5GHz Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte 780 Ti Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Cavier GP 2TB internal hdd LG GH22NS70 DVD writer Zalman CNPS9900 MAX CPU Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S23A350H monitor CM Storm QuickFire TK Corsair RM 850 NZXT Switch 810 Matte Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edtion Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Alesis M1 MKII Active Monitors Sennheiser HD 215 
AudioAudio
Shure SRH 240 Roland UA-55 Quad Capture  
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2700K 3.5GHz Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte 780 Ti Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Cavier GP 2TB internal hdd LG GH22NS70 DVD writer Zalman CNPS9900 MAX CPU Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S23A350H monitor CM Storm QuickFire TK Corsair RM 850 NZXT Switch 810 Matte Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edtion Razer Goliathus Speed Edition Alesis M1 MKII Active Monitors Sennheiser HD 215 
AudioAudio
Shure SRH 240 Roland UA-55 Quad Capture  
  hide details  
Reply
post #22119 of 29764
Quote:
Originally Posted by igrease View Post

I am really confused. There has to be something capping my frames at 60. I have V-Sync off and I am using a 120Hz monitor. On all LOW settings I get 60fps, SOLID. I switched to a Custom setting with everything on HIGH except 2 things on MEDIUM and I still get a solid 60FPS, no higher. Which doesn't make any sense. How could I only get 60 FPS on LOW when I can increase most of everything to HIGH and still get the same 60fps. It doesn't make sense. Anyone know what is happening?

Is vsync off in game, and in ccc? Did you create a config file where you can also cap fps?
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22120 of 29764
Quote:
Originally Posted by keikei View Post

Is vsync off in game, and in ccc? Did you create a config file where you can also cap fps?

Yeah I figured it out. I had it capped in the user.cfg file. I have no clue why or when I did that though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread