Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread - Page 2217

post #22161 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0kn0ws View Post

Probably not a question for here, but if I were to move my bf4 folder to my ssd would it mess with my other origin games on my hdd.

No it won't smile.gif

But the way I do it is:
-Take BF4 folder out
-Open origin
-Start download for BF4
-Wait 2mins
-Close origin (dont cancel download)
-Go to SSD folder
-Paste BF4 folder
-Open origin
-Finish download
-Close origin and restart it
-Finish the DLC "transfer"
-Check for updates + repair game
-Done
post #22162 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

No it won't smile.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
But the way I do it is:
-Take BF4 folder out
-Open origin
-Start download for BF4
-Wait 2mins
-Close origin (dont cancel download)
-Go to SSD folder
-Paste BF4 folder
-Open origin
-Finish download
-Close origin and restart it
-Finish the DLC "transfer"
-Check for updates + repair game
-Done


Can you do that and leave the other games behind though, so in effect would have 2 origin games folders. I know that works for moving origin games but not sure can split bf4 alone to ssd? think that is what he is meaning by effecting "other origin games left on hdd".
post #22163 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

[/SPOILER]

Can you do that and leave the other games behind though, so in effect would have 2 origin games folders. I know that works for moving origin games but not sure can split bf4 alone to ssd? think that is what he is meaning by effecting "other origin games left on hdd".

Indeed - I already have them split myself.
Ie. BF2142 on HDD
BF4 on SSD

Works just fine - you just have to make sure that Origin's "location" when you "transfer" is the right place.
In other words: You can't have it set to your SSD when you plan on transferring to your HDD. That's my understanding of it.

I played BF2142 tonight and BF4 - both in separate locations - both launched by Origin.
post #22164 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Indeed - I already have them split myself.
Ie. BF2142 on HDD
BF4 on SSD

Works just fine - you just have to make sure that Origin's "location" when you "transfer" is the right place.
In other words: You can't have it set to your SSD when you plan on transferring to your HDD. That's my understanding of it.

I played BF2142 tonight and BF4 - both in separate locations - both launched by Origin.

Thanks, did not know that, need to try now as I just move them off ssd when not in use. +1
post #22165 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

Thanks, did not know that, need to try now as I just move them off ssd when not in use. +1

No worries biggrin.gif!
Just unsure if you need to do the steps I did - but I do it for safety smile.gif
post #22166 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

No it won't smile.gif

But the way I do it is:
-Take BF4 folder out
-Open origin
-Start download for BF4
-Wait 2mins
-Close origin (dont cancel download)
-Go to SSD folder
-Paste BF4 folder
-Open origin
-Finish download
-Close origin and restart it
-Finish the DLC "transfer"
-Check for updates + repair game
-Done

So inefficient, if only more people knew about using Symbolic Links on Windows: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/
post #22167 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerITGuy View Post

So inefficient, if only more people knew about using Symbolic Links on Windows: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/
that's so ironic, it's not even funny.
What I do takes me less than 10mins to do, on a 39gb file.
post #22168 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

that's so ironic, it's not even funny.
What I do takes me less than 10mins to do, on a 39gb file.

And with Symlinks you could do it in whatever your HDD/SSD takes to make the transfer. Plus it's cleaner, with Symlinks, Origin won't even be able to tell it was "moved" to another location/drive.
Edited by SlackerITGuy - 4/10/14 at 3:08pm
post #22169 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

[/SPOILER]

Can you do that and leave the other games behind though, so in effect would have 2 origin games folders. I know that works for moving origin games but not sure can split bf4 alone to ssd? think that is what he is meaning by effecting "other origin games left on hdd".

i just use steammover
mines
(23 items)
 
setup
(1 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x @ 4.5 (1.275) asus x99 deluxe 2x evga gtx 980ti sli 16gb corsair dominator lpx 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
840pro (256gb) windows 10 850 evo (500gb) programs/applications mx300 (1tb) steam, games mx300 (500gb) onedrive, pictures 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
vertex 4 (256gb) x-plane 10 ssdnow (90gb) itunes, spotify, misc user folders usb drives: samsung (2tb), wd (1.5tb), seagate ... LG external (usb) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
corsair h105 lamptron fc5v2 windows 10 dell u3415w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
happy hacking pro 2 antec 1300w silverstone tj07 razer taipan 
AudioAudioOther
onboard realtek  klipsch thundermaster hotas warthog 
  hide details  
Reply
mines
(23 items)
 
setup
(1 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x @ 4.5 (1.275) asus x99 deluxe 2x evga gtx 980ti sli 16gb corsair dominator lpx 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
840pro (256gb) windows 10 850 evo (500gb) programs/applications mx300 (1tb) steam, games mx300 (500gb) onedrive, pictures 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
vertex 4 (256gb) x-plane 10 ssdnow (90gb) itunes, spotify, misc user folders usb drives: samsung (2tb), wd (1.5tb), seagate ... LG external (usb) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
corsair h105 lamptron fc5v2 windows 10 dell u3415w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
happy hacking pro 2 antec 1300w silverstone tj07 razer taipan 
AudioAudioOther
onboard realtek  klipsch thundermaster hotas warthog 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22170 of 29735
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerITGuy View Post

And with Symlinks you could do it in whatever your HDD/SSD takes to make the transfer. Plus it's cleaner, with Symlinks, Origin won't even be able to tell it was "moved" to another location/drive.

more programs = more conflicts = more problems.
It's more of a headache, than doing a simple copy and paste.

Do as you please though - that's how I and many many others do it - as it's efficient and it works 100% of the time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield 4 Information & Discussion Thread