Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Kotaku] Watch 17 Minutes of Battlefield 4 Gameplay, Right Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Kotaku] Watch 17 Minutes of Battlefield 4 Gameplay, Right Here - Page 48

post #471 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Amik Vase View Post

Different strokes for different yolks.

Yea I really should have wrote IMO but I think people get it anyway
post #472 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

AAA PC games are usually £39.99 on Steam, compared to £49.99 of PS3 and 360 AAA games on release.


And?your point?if you must have everything on steam that is your fault for being lazy(hell you can pre order steam games from 3rd party sites for LESS than steam charges).Steam has nothing to do with this.
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K MAXIMUS V FORMULA EVGA 780 Classified 2x4gbB Mushkin Radioactive 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Hyper X SSD Samsung HD204UI Samsung HD753LJ Samsung HD753LJ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 evo Heatkiller block-p.a. 120.3 rad Win 7 x64 Asus VE278 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech g15 Corsair TX850 Haf X G500 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K MAXIMUS V FORMULA EVGA 780 Classified 2x4gbB Mushkin Radioactive 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Hyper X SSD Samsung HD204UI Samsung HD753LJ Samsung HD753LJ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 evo Heatkiller block-p.a. 120.3 rad Win 7 x64 Asus VE278 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech g15 Corsair TX850 Haf X G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #473 of 620
I've only paid the full pre-order price for a AAA title like twice in the last two years. Thanks to Green Man Gaming and Amazon mostly.
Bubbles
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.7 GA-z77x-ud5h Crossfire 7950's / Heatkiller GPU-X³ 79X0 16gb Samsung 30nm  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung F3 OCZ Vertex 3 XSPC Raystorm EK Coolstream 360 + XSPC RX240 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 8 Pro Crossover Q27 CM Quick Fire Rapid (Reds) NZXT Switch 810 
Mouse
Roccat Savu  
  hide details  
Reply
Bubbles
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.7 GA-z77x-ud5h Crossfire 7950's / Heatkiller GPU-X³ 79X0 16gb Samsung 30nm  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung F3 OCZ Vertex 3 XSPC Raystorm EK Coolstream 360 + XSPC RX240 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 8 Pro Crossover Q27 CM Quick Fire Rapid (Reds) NZXT Switch 810 
Mouse
Roccat Savu  
  hide details  
Reply
post #474 of 620
It seems the effect of water droplets on your screen that shine when looking at light thing is catching on. Crysis 3, Tombraider and now this. I don't like it that much.
Otherwise it's the same stuff over and over again - regroup with your squad, provide cover and move from point A to point B in a completely scripted way.
We need new stuff, we need less hand-holding, we need more freedom in the game to play the way we want.
post #475 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post

Please, I'm literally BEGGING you not to pre-order it. Do it for the sake of the entire gaming industry.

Sorry, but that's not gonna happen. I already pre-ordered it and I did it because I want to support the devs and publisher. All the entitlement and hating has got to stop because there is no such thing as the TERRIBLE EVIL COMPANY WHO STEALS OUR MONEY.

People over-react about everything these days.. I just see things how they're supposed to be seen.
I buy games that I think I will like. I pre-order games that I know I will love. Nintendo games, Battlefield, Uncharted, and so on..

As long as developers keep on creating wonderful experiences, I'm gonna keep buying these cool-looking games.
Typically, I don't buy games that I don't think I'll like, because that's a waste of money. I rarely buy a game and don't enjoy it. I -very- rarely pre-order a game and end up not enjoying it.

So yeah, sorry if this seems a bit harsh, but come on, everyone, there's nothing wrong with pre-ordering a game because you want to. If there's one thing we humans have, it's free will, and I hate it when people don't use that ability.

//

So please, I strongly encourage everyone reading this to not feel pressured to pre-order or NOT to pre-order. Do what -you- want, because if you let others dictate what you do, you'll never enjoy life.
Edited by CaptainIcy - 4/1/13 at 4:57am
Echoes
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K (Stock 3.4GHz) MSI Z77A-G41 PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 MYST. Edition (Tahiti... 8GB G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
320GB Western Digital 7200RPM 700GB 7200RPM 64-bit Windows 8 Professional 19" Samsung SyncMaster 931BW 
MouseMouse Pad
CM Storm Spawn XTRAC PADS Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
Echoes
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K (Stock 3.4GHz) MSI Z77A-G41 PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 MYST. Edition (Tahiti... 8GB G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
320GB Western Digital 7200RPM 700GB 7200RPM 64-bit Windows 8 Professional 19" Samsung SyncMaster 931BW 
MouseMouse Pad
CM Storm Spawn XTRAC PADS Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #476 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIcy View Post

Sorry, but that's not gonna happen. I already pre-ordered it and I did it because I want to support the devs and publisher. All the entitlement and hating has got to stop because there is no such thing as the TERRIBLE EVIL COMPANY WHO STEALS OUR MONEY.
There is a good reason why I posted a video to back up my comment. The idea was to watch that video and understand how truly important it is to have patience and hold-off on pre-ordering. I recommend watching it all the way through before commenting further thumb.gif
post #477 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post

There is a good reason why I posted a video to back up my comment. The idea was to watch that video and understand how truly important it is to have patience and hold-off on pre-ordering. I recommend watching it all the way through before commenting further thumb.gif

I don't really understand your point... I watched it all the way through... so what? headscratch.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

AAA PC games are usually £39.99 on Steam, compared to £49.99 of PS3 and 360 AAA games on release.

Steam actually are quite expensive for new releases, partly because they have a good USP in terms of pre-order and delivery. Thus, they can justify the increased cost.

However, I picked up a copy of Far Cry 3 with some DLC for under £27.99 or something in Game which I thought was good. It was like £49.99 on PS3/Xbox which is crazy! But, check out Play, Amazon, ShopTo and you can usually pickup PC games real cheap... in fact, I wonder/worry that console gaming is cross subsidising PC gaming to an extent!
Edited by 98uk - 4/1/13 at 3:59am
post #478 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post

There is a good reason why I posted a video to back up my comment. The idea was to watch that video and understand how truly important it is to have patience and hold-off on pre-ordering. I recommend watching it all the way through before commenting further thumb.gif

You probably should have read his post, especially the part about not letting other people (let alone one persons opinion in a video) dictate what he does with his life if what he does works for him, before you commented further thumb.gif

I agree with him though.

The internet and this community in particular seems to be plagued with the disease that makes people believe that everybody thinks like they do or that their singular opinions can speak for the majority.

Not to mention the other points made before, i.e:

-If people don't pre-order a game they know they want, they'll just buy on release day anyway. Because they want to play the game.

-If people don't buy on release because of bugs (hardly anybody), they'll buy after bugs. If the bugs aren't gamebreaking, they'll buy the game anyway because...they want to play the game.

-If people want to play games, they will buy the games.

-Not everybody pre-orders for bonuses. Some people just pre-order because they are very confident in the game and know they will enjoy it. And because they want to play the game.


The real world is not as finicky as sites like OCN. Most people in life aren't judging a games worth by how well it will push their GPU, nor are they truly interested in modding and such.

A lot of people find it much easier to have fun than even the loudest whine fests would suggest, hence:

-"Apple sucks", but only on the internet.

-"Justin Bieber sucks", but only on the internet (well that's where the hating started anyway).

-"DRM sucks", but only on the internet. Consoles are the biggest "DRM" in history. Nobody hates consoles except forrr......the internet.

And when I say "internet" I meant tech geek sites like this that all have the same narrative, but bare almost no correlation with life outside of tech geek sites.
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #479 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

You probably should have read his post, especially the part about not letting other people (let alone one persons opinion in a video) dictate what he does with his life if what he does works for him, before you commented further thumb.gif

I agree with him though.

The internet and this community in particular seems to be plagued with the disease that makes people believe that everybody thinks like they do or that their singular opinions can speak for the majority.

Not to mention the other points made before, i.e:

-If people don't pre-order a game they know they want, they'll just buy on release day anyway. Because they want to play the game.

-If people don't buy on release because of bugs (hardly anybody), they'll buy after bugs. If the bugs aren't gamebreaking, they'll buy the game anyway because...they want to play the game.

-If people want to play games, they will buy the games.

-Not everybody pre-orders for bonuses. Some people just pre-order because they are very confident in the game and know they will enjoy it. And because they want to play the game.


The real world is not as finicky as sites like OCN. Most people in life aren't judging a games worth by how well it will push their GPU, nor are they truly interested in modding and such.

A lot of people find it much easier to have fun than even the loudest whine fests would suggest, hence:

-"Apple sucks", but only on the internet.

-"Justin Bieber sucks", but only on the internet (well that's where the hating started anyway).

-"DRM sucks", but only on the internet. Consoles are the biggest "DRM" in history. Nobody hates consoles except forrr......the internet.

And when I say "internet" I meant tech geek sites like this that all have the same narrative, but bare almost no correlation with life outside of tech geek sites.

haha, it's true... if you ever want an unbiased or neutral opinion on a product or game... for the love of God, *do not* use OCN or forums...

I remember being told how FC3 was the epitome of evil with money grabbing developers (second only to Mugabe in the evil rating) only intent on screwing us over with shiny demos that never materialised. If I bought Far Cry 3, I was potentially going to help with the downfall of PC gaming, I would supporting terrorism and likely be the cause of a genocide somewhere. Also, my interest in a game I liked the look of was going to support the rise of DRM which would see my hands artificially amputated if I even dared to put the disc in two PC's... and you know what, after I had ignored people here... it was actually an awesome game.

As such, for honest opinions, I tend to look at combined metacritic scores or games reviews from sites I know not to be influenced by their audience or developers. Do not trust OCN to provide any useful, unbiased input!
Edited by 98uk - 4/1/13 at 4:11am
post #480 of 620
Want unbiased opinions? Ask a 6 year old. Ask a machine. Ask a Vulcan. Too damn bad!
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 980x GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX T1 Intel X25-M WD Caviar Black FASS Plextor M5S 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
WD Velociraptor WD Caviar Black FALS Sony DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe LG Bluray + HDDVD 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Black Ice GTX 360 Black Ice GTX 240 Panaflo High Speed - Push-Pull w/ shrouds Windows 7 Pro (64) 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Ubuntu (64) X-Star DP2710 ASUS VK266H Black 25.5" 2ms LCD X-Armor U9BL (Mech) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1000 P2 Cooler Master HAF 932 Razer Deathadder Chroma Cougar Control 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
ATH-A900X Maudio AV-40 Polk PSW-10 Zalman Mic-1 (Clip-on Mic) 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Sound Blaster X7 LE Logitech G13 Wacom Intuos 3 Scythe "3-Foot Switch" 
Other
Modded PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, and Logitech PC Cont... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic GTX 560ti DirectCU II G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 980x GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX T1 Intel X25-M WD Caviar Black FASS Plextor M5S 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
WD Velociraptor WD Caviar Black FALS Sony DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe LG Bluray + HDDVD 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Black Ice GTX 360 Black Ice GTX 240 Panaflo High Speed - Push-Pull w/ shrouds Windows 7 Pro (64) 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Ubuntu (64) X-Star DP2710 ASUS VK266H Black 25.5" 2ms LCD X-Armor U9BL (Mech) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1000 P2 Cooler Master HAF 932 Razer Deathadder Chroma Cougar Control 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
ATH-A900X Maudio AV-40 Polk PSW-10 Zalman Mic-1 (Clip-on Mic) 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Sound Blaster X7 LE Logitech G13 Wacom Intuos 3 Scythe "3-Foot Switch" 
Other
Modded PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, and Logitech PC Cont... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic GTX 560ti DirectCU II G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Kotaku] Watch 17 Minutes of Battlefield 4 Gameplay, Right Here