Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Kotaku] Watch 17 Minutes of Battlefield 4 Gameplay, Right Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Kotaku] Watch 17 Minutes of Battlefield 4 Gameplay, Right Here - Page 53

post #521 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

Because for some odd reason battlefield players seem to think they're better since they're playing a slower game. It's funny since I've been from cs 1.6 to all of the CODs and then to battlefield. From my experience BF players act like they're better but in reality the majority I have played against can't aim and when they die they love to scream hacks. What I love the most are the people who say BF is all teamwork yet I fail to find any server that actually has it from bad company on to bf3.

I haven't played BC2...I boycotted it for not having prone and if I boycott something I live up to it. However, in BF2 and BF2142 the team work was found quite often...pretty much every non-clan game I could pick up a squad of good players. Maybe three out of ten would have a good commander with my one good squad. Probably one out of ten would have a good commander with multiple good squads and you'd end up with an awesome game. If I was playing with mostly Clan members then it was pretty much guarantied to be a great game.

BF3?...I seldom saw much for team work. At least not on the caliber that happened in BF2142.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #522 of 620
If they go competitive and it's solid, I'll try it out. If not, I won't touch it. Refuse to play anything online (outside of xbox, that's ALL casual) that is not a competitive shooter. Grew up with Quake/CS/UT, all of which make the competition in recent games look like child bantering. A few competitive shooters have surfaced, none of which are on par with what the original games had. Call me spoiled or biased, don't care. I like the competition atmosphere, it's nice to be challenged evenly where it isn't me sucking because my team can't find the milk nobs on their own mother. Sorry, too many people are THAT bad.

Personally, anyone with a kdr below 1:1 angers me on my team. However I've played on servers where a few of us run the game, with a KDR of 2:1/3:1 or something like that. When that happens, I can imagine a person not having an easy time getting a 1:1 ratio. When you fight folks who go for the head, and hit it with 30%+, things tend to go very quick. It's why when I play a game that's "COD" style, I'll run over people with ease. Get accused of being a COD freak, no it's just COD is THAT easy. Your darn right I'll use the "cheapest" weapon, use the weapon that best fits your style. I'm a front line scout, assault/smg is my thing and how I play. So if they offer a very competitive edge where I can evenly compete against other styles, I'm in. If not, no thanks.
Current Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 4.6GHz@1.44v GA-990FXA-UD3 R4.0 HD 7950 (1100/1450) 8G Muskin DDR3 1866@8CLS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD LiteOn DVD-RW DL Linux/Windows 19" Phillips TV 1080p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 600W Generic Junk Logitech MX400 Generic Junk 
Audio
SBL 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 4.6GHz@1.44v GA-990FXA-UD3 R4.0 HD 7950 (1100/1450) 8G Muskin DDR3 1866@8CLS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD LiteOn DVD-RW DL Linux/Windows 19" Phillips TV 1080p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 600W Generic Junk Logitech MX400 Generic Junk 
Audio
SBL 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #523 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm View Post

I haven't played BC2...I boycotted it for not having prone and if I boycott something I live up to it. However, in BF2 and BF2142 the team work was found quite often...pretty much every non-clan game I could pick up a squad of good players. Maybe three out of ten would have a good commander with my one good squad. Probably one out of ten would have a good commander with multiple good squads and you'd end up with an awesome game. If I was playing with mostly Clan members then it was pretty much guarantied to be a great game.

BF3?...I seldom saw much for team work. At least not on the caliber that happened in BF2142.

You boycotted because of lack of prone? xD You're part of the reason why no one takes boycotts seriously anymore.

I always had to search for teamwork in any of the Battlefields.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroomboy View Post

If they go competitive and it's solid, I'll try it out. If not, I won't touch it. Refuse to play anything online (outside of xbox, that's ALL casual) that is not a competitive shooter. Grew up with Quake/CS/UT, all of which make the competition in recent games look like child bantering. A few competitive shooters have surfaced, none of which are on par with what the original games had. Call me spoiled or biased, don't care. I like the competition atmosphere, it's nice to be challenged evenly where it isn't me sucking because my team can't find the milk nobs on their own mother. Sorry, too many people are THAT bad.

Personally, anyone with a kdr below 1:1 angers me on my team. However I've played on servers where a few of us run the game, with a KDR of 2:1/3:1 or something like that. When that happens, I can imagine a person not having an easy time getting a 1:1 ratio. When you fight folks who go for the head, and hit it with 30%+, things tend to go very quick. It's why when I play a game that's "COD" style, I'll run over people with ease. Get accused of being a COD freak, no it's just COD is THAT easy. Your darn right I'll use the "cheapest" weapon, use the weapon that best fits your style. I'm a front line scout, assault/smg is my thing and how I play. So if they offer a very competitive edge where I can evenly compete against other styles, I'm in. If not, no thanks.

If you're worried about KDR, then Battlefield is not the game for you. I can go negative, but still be at the top of the score-board. Having a poor KDR doesn't mean you're a bad player. Battlefield just doesn't sound like your kind of game.. tongue.gif
post #524 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

You boycotted because of lack of prone? xD You're part of the reason why no one takes boycotts seriously anymore.

I always had to search for teamwork in any of the Battlefields.

heh so the people that boycott something and then go buy it any way do help boycotts? I just want all the mobility I can have. One of the things they teach you in boot camp...if someone starts shooting at you; you hit the deck and and shoot back. I said I was going to boycott it...put an email on one of those online petitions...so I boycotted it. I could have bought it for $10 and I refused. I will never own it. It really isn't due to the lack of prone...it is due to my word.

I swear some people played different games than I did. In BF2142 it was never hard to get a good squad. Some times I would have to squad jump a few times to find some good team mates, but I rarely had to switch servers. just use the mic and start talking to people...be polite and propose a tactic...often it took a bit to get people out of their shells, but a few minutes and things were going good.

I honestly didn't play BF2 all that much. I got into the game late and hopped on the BF2142 train at release. However, I remember a quite a few good games in BF2 too.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K @ 4.7GHz Asus P8P67 B3 GTX 580 EVGA Hydro Copper 2 GTX 580 EVGA  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws bunch of 'em Blu-Ray For movies Windows 8.1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24.4" Hans G HH251 X2 Yamakasi DS270  Blah 1000watt Super Flower 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Built into Desk Microsoft SideWinder X8 Comfy one... Creative Extreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #525 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm View Post

heh so the people that boycott something and then go buy it any way do help boycotts? I just want all the mobility I can have. One of the things they teach you in boot camp...if someone starts shooting at you; you hit the deck and and shoot back. I said I was going to boycott it...put an email on one of those online petitions...so I boycotted it. I could have bought it for $10 and I refused. I will never own it. It really isn't due to the lack of prone...it is due to my word.

I swear some people played different games than I did. In BF2142 it was never hard to get a good squad. Some times I would have to squad jump a few times to find some good team mates, but I rarely had to switch servers. just use the mic and start talking to people...be polite and propose a tactic...often it took a bit to get people out of their shells, but a few minutes and things were going good.

I honestly didn't play BF2 all that much. I got into the game late and hopped on the BF2142 train at release. However, I remember a quite a few good games in BF2 too.

I didn't say that. Boycotting such small things just sends the message that gamers will whine about every little thing. You know what does get the point across? Buying the game then complaining about something because developers are more likely to listen to paying customers and then you have room to speak out about a game as well (since people who don't purchase the games come across as whiny and entitled). Otherwise, your message is just going to go unnoticed. It's okay that you don't want to go back on your word so you're not a hypocrite, but maybe you shouldn't boycott such silly little things especially when nothing is going to come of it. For the prone thing, they did that specifically for the pacing of the game. They weren't going to change that either way.

I've always had issues getting people to work together in previous Battlefields. The funny thing is, I can hop into most BF3 servers and find a squad that works as a team, even in TDM. If the server has teamspeak, then I'm guaranteed teamwork. Just this last week I've experienced some of the best teamwork in the End Game maps. Totally dominating Kiasar railroad with tanks. xD
post #526 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroomboy View Post

If they go competitive and it's solid, I'll try it out. If not, I won't touch it. Refuse to play anything online (outside of xbox, that's ALL casual) that is not a competitive shooter. Grew up with Quake/CS/UT, all of which make the competition in recent games look like child bantering. A few competitive shooters have surfaced, none of which are on par with what the original games had. Call me spoiled or biased, don't care. I like the competition atmosphere, it's nice to be challenged evenly where it isn't me sucking because my team can't find the milk nobs on their own mother. Sorry, too many people are THAT bad.

Personally, anyone with a kdr below 1:1 angers me on my team. However I've played on servers where a few of us run the game, with a KDR of 2:1/3:1 or something like that. When that happens, I can imagine a person not having an easy time getting a 1:1 ratio. When you fight folks who go for the head, and hit it with 30%+, things tend to go very quick. It's why when I play a game that's "COD" style, I'll run over people with ease. Get accused of being a COD freak, no it's just COD is THAT easy. Your darn right I'll use the "cheapest" weapon, use the weapon that best fits your style. I'm a front line scout, assault/smg is my thing and how I play. So if they offer a very competitive edge where I can evenly compete against other styles, I'm in. If not, no thanks.

Jesus Christ....dat elitism.

Does it hurt to think you're so awesome all the time?

There is also a difference between a game being easy and playing against easy competition in public "matchmaking" games (and then thinking that you own the game).
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 4/2/13 at 12:44pm
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #527 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

Because for some odd reason battlefield players seem to think they're better since they're playing a slower game. It's funny since I've been from cs 1.6 to all of the CODs and then to battlefield. From my experience BF players act like they're better but in reality the majority I have played against can't aim and when they die they love to scream hacks. What I love the most are the people who say BF is all teamwork yet I fail to find any server that actually has it from bad company on to bf3.

BF2 is full of teamwork.. it ended with it and 2142. When you detract everything that influences teamwork (Voip and commander mainly), increase the pace, and damage it creates a more frantic game of running around IMO.
Green Envy
(12 items)
 
 
Purple Haze
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified EVGA 780 Classified  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech G15 Seasonic 850w M12II Phantek Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1600x Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX Diamond 7970 G Skill DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Black  Samsung 850 Evo  Cooler Master Glacer 240L Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
EK-FC7970 CSQ Mayhems X1 UV Purple Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Define S Nano  
  hide details  
Reply
Green Envy
(12 items)
 
 
Purple Haze
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified EVGA 780 Classified  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech G15 Seasonic 850w M12II Phantek Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1600x Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX Diamond 7970 G Skill DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Black  Samsung 850 Evo  Cooler Master Glacer 240L Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
EK-FC7970 CSQ Mayhems X1 UV Purple Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Define S Nano  
  hide details  
Reply
post #528 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackops_2 View Post

BF2 is full of teamwork.. it ended with it and 2142. When you detract everything that influences teamwork (Voip and commander mainly), increase the pace, and damage it creates a more frantic game of running around IMO.

They also made it possible to spawn on all team members, instead of only squad leaders. Reduced the number of classes (even in 2142, each "class" really had 2 different roles to pick between). Reduced squad size. Removed team assets. Made it quicker to get around the map, even without a vehicle. Made vehicles spawn all over the place instead of in strategic positions. Made maps smaller, and designed the maps in such a way that you can never really get "cut off" from any of the capture points.

In general, they made a LOT of changes that don't necessarily deny teamwork, but certainly allows users much more ability NOT to rely on a team, which is essentially the same thing as banning teamwork when it comes to public servers.
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #529 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroomboy View Post


Personally, anyone with a kdr below 1:1 angers me on my team..

Thank god I don't play the game anymore.That attitude is what has hurt the franchise the most.


Do you have ANY idea what teamwork is?they guys who die whilst repairing the chopper/tank/lav for you,are they bad because they die more than they kill?


If you think so,then please never play BF again and burn your PC.


What does K/D have to do with BF?
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K MAXIMUS V FORMULA EVGA 780 Classified 2x4gbB Mushkin Radioactive 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Hyper X SSD Samsung HD204UI Samsung HD753LJ Samsung HD753LJ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 evo Heatkiller block-p.a. 120.3 rad Win 7 x64 Asus VE278 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech g15 Corsair TX850 Haf X G500 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K MAXIMUS V FORMULA EVGA 780 Classified 2x4gbB Mushkin Radioactive 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Hyper X SSD Samsung HD204UI Samsung HD753LJ Samsung HD753LJ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 evo Heatkiller block-p.a. 120.3 rad Win 7 x64 Asus VE278 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech g15 Corsair TX850 Haf X G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #530 of 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepas View Post

Thank god I don't play the game anymore.That attitude is what has hurt the franchise the most.


Do you have ANY idea what teamwork is?they guys who die whilst repairing the chopper/tank/lav for you,are they bad because they die more than they kill?


If you think so,then please never play BF again and burn your PC.


What does K/D have to do with BF?

Didn't ya'll know?! He IS the team! biggrin.gif

3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
3770K
(14 items)
 
R7 1700
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RYZEN 1700 ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4 ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL G SKILL 8 GIG (2X) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280 WINDOWS 10 64 CORSAIR SF600 LIAN LI PC-O10 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Kotaku] Watch 17 Minutes of Battlefield 4 Gameplay, Right Here