Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › ACCIDENT!! HELP!! 3570K not stable anymore!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACCIDENT!! HELP!! 3570K not stable anymore!!! - Page 6

post #51 of 74
Thread Starter 
sorry tried but same instability issues, There is something you might help me with I used to overclock the cpu to 4.2 ghz with auto voltage and it was working fine 4.2ghz @1.192 max and after this problem its still working fine using auto voltage my problem is with going higher to my desired 4.4-4.5ghz, voltage used to be stable at 1.23V now on auto voltage at 4.4 ghz its using 1.35 could the voltage mistake I made caused an issue? although it is fine at 4.2ghz (the problem is when going higher).
post #52 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmoody View Post

sorry tried but same instability issues, There is something you might help me with I used to overclock the cpu to 4.2 ghz with auto voltage and it was working fine 4.2ghz @1.192 max and after this problem its still working fine using auto voltage my problem is with going higher to my desired 4.4-4.5ghz, voltage used to be stable at 1.23V now on auto voltage at 4.4 ghz its using 1.35 could the voltage mistake I made caused an issue? although it is fine at 4.2ghz (the problem is when going higher).
Whenever I have experienced problem I do these things in order. Shut the machine down, hold the clear cmos button for 10 seconds, insert usb with renamed bios file on it in the flashback port, hold the flashback button for 4 seconds, wait for it to finish flashing, clear cmos again.

Start the machine and follow the guide I linked to make sure each and every setting matches exactly (except for ram), it is easy to miss one or two settings so you have to make sure they all match. Then things work again for me.

If you are saying you have done all that, and you were perfectly Prim95 stable before for over 12 hours with zero problems and zero WHEA logger warnings, and now suddenly it doesn’t work, then I am not sure what the problem is.

I would not recommend auto vCore for anything over 4.2, you can get some voltages that are a little too high.
Ivy 5.0
(14 items)
 
Ivy 4.8
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k 5.0 24/7 Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 690 G.Skill Trident X 2400 (2x8gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Pioneer BD-RW Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x NEC 30" Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Logitech G51 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy 5.0
(14 items)
 
Ivy 4.8
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k 5.0 24/7 Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 690 G.Skill Trident X 2400 (2x8gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Pioneer BD-RW Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x NEC 30" Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Logitech G51 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr/owned View Post

This has me thinknig...is it the voltage creating heat that causes destruction? With static discharge, is it just thousands of joules of energy being dumped in a fraction of a second creating a micro-hotspot?
It's electromigration that causes the damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtW 420 View Post

I was generally running it 5.5 - 5.7Ghz, loading everywhere from 25% to 100%. mostly benching runs, a lot of them for hours at a time, although it has run as a daily rig at -100 with about 1.7V for days at a time as well.
It has degraded a fair amount, barely boots at stock anymore, but still going & overclocking after a few years.

High voltage with extreme cooled temps will still degrade a cpu faster than stock clocks on a stock cooler I'm sure, mainly saying that it isn't just high voltage that causes rapid degradation, it's the combination of voltage & heat.
I'm surprised it actually lasted that long. I know it's the combination of voltage and heat, but that's a lot of voltage. tongue.gif
post #54 of 74
What I know about the stressing process is that (almost always) when you run the die at a high voltage (above nominal operating), the Vmin increases.

So what you're seeing with higher voltage now required jives with what I know should happen.
post #55 of 74
Thread Starter 
I dont really understand much of what u said im starting to give in that I damaged my cpu!!
post #56 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmoody View Post

I dont really understand much of what u said im starting to give in that I damaged my cpu!!
Maybe you set the memory settings incorrectly or something like that.
post #57 of 74
Thread Starter 
when I did the overclock to 4.4 ghz I only adjusted the ratio to 44 and the voltage to 1.23 that's It I didnt mess with anything else, now I cant even reach 4.4 again with this voltage as before dont know why!! to stabilize it ill have to go all the way up to 1.35v temps reach 95 during testing!!!!! im currently at 4.2 1.18V stable! why would it take more than .170 to go extra 200 mhz??!! I think the mistake I did damaged something in the 4.2-4.4 region, hate being a NOOB at something!!!
post #58 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmoody View Post

when I did the overclock to 4.4 ghz I only adjusted the ratio to 44 and the voltage to 1.23 that's It I didnt mess with anything else, now I cant even reach 4.4 again with this voltage as before dont know why!! to stabilize it ill have to go all the way up to 1.35v temps reach 95 during testing!!!!! im currently at 4.2 1.18V stable! why would it take more than .170 to go extra 200 mhz??!! I think the mistake I did damaged something in the 4.2-4.4 region, hate being a NOOB at something!!!
The BIOS probably reset when you put it to 1.9V. It probably turned LLC off, atuo PLL overvoltage off, set the memory timings or speed incorrectly, or lowered the VTT voltage too much.
post #59 of 74
Thread Starter 
So any ideas what can I do or am I stuck with this situation?
post #60 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmoody View Post

So any ideas what can I do or am I stuck with this situation?
Did you try everything I suggested and it didn't work, or you are not sure how to do what I suggested?
Ivy 5.0
(14 items)
 
Ivy 4.8
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k 5.0 24/7 Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 690 G.Skill Trident X 2400 (2x8gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Pioneer BD-RW Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x NEC 30" Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Logitech G51 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy 5.0
(14 items)
 
Ivy 4.8
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k 5.0 24/7 Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 690 G.Skill Trident X 2400 (2x8gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Pioneer BD-RW Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x NEC 30" Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Logitech G51 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › ACCIDENT!! HELP!! 3570K not stable anymore!!!