Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › Mad Custom Build with mATX or mITX!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Custom Build with mATX or mITX! - Page 3

post #21 of 33
Thread Starter 
Btw, will the 690 or 680 or Titan be bottlenecked by i5 3570K or i7 2600k ? Sandy Bridge by the way.
Does the SFX 450w SliverStone be enough to run any card of those ?
Edited by Phobia - 4/2/13 at 11:07am
post #22 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post

Btw, will the 690 or 680 or Titan be bottlenecked by i5 3570K or i7 2600k ? Sandy Bridge by the way.
Does the SFX 450w SliverStone be enough to run any card of those ?
no.
the SFX 450W could power a single 680. I wouldn't try anything more than that.
post #23 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post

Btw, will the 690 or 680 or Titan be bottlenecked by i5 3570K or i7 2600k ? Sandy Bridge by the way.
Does the SFX 450w SliverStone be enough to run any card of those ?

450W is pushing it for a single card. You'd be ok with a quality 550W unit if you weren't overclocking.

i5-3570k and i7-2600k will both be fine for any cards on the market.

Here is how to narrow down your card choice:

1- Budget.

A 680 is in a totally different league from a Titan ... $400 vs $1000. It's up to you whether you want something amazing, or something you can sink money in for a negligeable difference.

2- Resolution / number of screens.

What's your display setup like?

3- In terms of performance

TITAN > 680 > 670 and so on.

680 SLI > 690.

For SLI, scaling goes downhill at 3 and even more at 4 cards. So stick to 2 cards maximum

A 690 is preferable over SLI 680s only when available PCI-e lanes are an issue.

____________________________________________

So essentially ....

If your budget is $400-500, get a GTX680.

If you're running multiple and/or high resolution displays (2560x1600), get either SLI 680s (4GB cards) or a Titan. 680 SLI is still ideal in this situation.
Feed The Dada
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600k Asrock Z77e-itx MSI 7970 Samsung 30nm 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250GB SSD H100 w/ 2x SP120 Antec Kuhler 920 w/ 1x SP120 Linux Ubuntu 10.10 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic X650 Bitfenix Prodigy E07K HFI-580 
  hide details  
Reply
Feed The Dada
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600k Asrock Z77e-itx MSI 7970 Samsung 30nm 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250GB SSD H100 w/ 2x SP120 Antec Kuhler 920 w/ 1x SP120 Linux Ubuntu 10.10 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic X650 Bitfenix Prodigy E07K HFI-580 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 33
Why not just go 670 SLI and OC them to 680 territory, you save money and get a good FPS boost. Sure if you want every last FPS possible, and i mean less then 10FPS then go 680/Titan.

A 3570K or 2600K, if OC well, won't Bottleneck a SLI Titan setup. So a 680/670 setup will fair even better.

400-550W PSU is ok for ONE GPU, 700+ for 2, 850+ for 3...though 3 cards and up start to lose Good performance boosts. 2 is a good Max. And 1,000W+ for 4 way, but it ant worth the price, unless you bench.
 
Folding Skyline
(16 items)
 
SkylineServer
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K @ (Not Stock) ASUS X99-A Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FE @ 2,000+ Kingston HyperX DDR4 3200Mhz (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX100 128GB SATA III SSD (OS) Western Digital 2TB SATA III (Data) Crucial MX300 275GB SATA III SSD (Game) LG SATA Light-Scribe DVD+/-RW Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Pull x2 Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit SP2 Vizio 40" 1920x1080 60/120Hz TV/Monitor Dell SX2210 DVI 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard  Corsair Professional Series HX850W Rosewill Thor V2 Black/White L.E. Full Tower Case Logitech Ball Pro 
Mouse PadAudio
What Pad? >_< Logitech Z4 2.1 Stereo System  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 @ ~3Ghz MSI 775 Aftermarket Mobo Nvida GTX 770 LE 2GB @ ~1,300+ 2x2GB (4GB) 800Mhz DDR2 RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 160GB DVD/CD Writer/Burner Cooler Master 92mm Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate Basic 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 18" LCD DVI Dell QWERTY Corsair CX500 500W PSU Spartan Series 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Dell Laser N/A Internal Speaker 240mm Fan to Cool GPU 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5410 2.33Ghz Intel E5410 2.33Ghz Dell T7400 Dual Xeon Nvidia Quadro 290 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung ECC RAM DDR2 800Mhz Seagate Barrcuda 500GB 7,200RPM (OS) DVD/CD Writer/Burner Dual Intel Xeon Heatsinks w/ 200mm Delta Fan 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate Dell Precision 18" LCD DVI  Dell Precision 104 QWERTY Dell/Delta 850W Dual Rail PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dell Precision T7400 Server Case  Dell Precision Laser N/A Internal Speaker 
Other
Linksys Gigabit Ehternet Card 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Folding Skyline
(16 items)
 
SkylineServer
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K @ (Not Stock) ASUS X99-A Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FE @ 2,000+ Kingston HyperX DDR4 3200Mhz (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX100 128GB SATA III SSD (OS) Western Digital 2TB SATA III (Data) Crucial MX300 275GB SATA III SSD (Game) LG SATA Light-Scribe DVD+/-RW Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Pull x2 Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit SP2 Vizio 40" 1920x1080 60/120Hz TV/Monitor Dell SX2210 DVI 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard  Corsair Professional Series HX850W Rosewill Thor V2 Black/White L.E. Full Tower Case Logitech Ball Pro 
Mouse PadAudio
What Pad? >_< Logitech Z4 2.1 Stereo System  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 @ ~3Ghz MSI 775 Aftermarket Mobo Nvida GTX 770 LE 2GB @ ~1,300+ 2x2GB (4GB) 800Mhz DDR2 RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 160GB DVD/CD Writer/Burner Cooler Master 92mm Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate Basic 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 18" LCD DVI Dell QWERTY Corsair CX500 500W PSU Spartan Series 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Dell Laser N/A Internal Speaker 240mm Fan to Cool GPU 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5410 2.33Ghz Intel E5410 2.33Ghz Dell T7400 Dual Xeon Nvidia Quadro 290 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung ECC RAM DDR2 800Mhz Seagate Barrcuda 500GB 7,200RPM (OS) DVD/CD Writer/Burner Dual Intel Xeon Heatsinks w/ 200mm Delta Fan 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate Dell Precision 18" LCD DVI  Dell Precision 104 QWERTY Dell/Delta 850W Dual Rail PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dell Precision T7400 Server Case  Dell Precision Laser N/A Internal Speaker 
Other
Linksys Gigabit Ehternet Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanstasiu View Post

450W is pushing it for a single card. You'd be ok with a quality 550W unit if you weren't overclocking.

i5-3570k and i7-2600k will both be fine for any cards on the market.

Here is how to narrow down your card choice:

1- Budget.

A 680 is in a totally different league from a Titan ... $400 vs $1000. It's up to you whether you want something amazing, or something you can sink money in for a negligeable difference.

2- Resolution / number of screens.

What's your display setup like?

3- In terms of performance

TITAN > 680 > 670 and so on.

680 SLI > 690.

For SLI, scaling goes downhill at 3 and even more at 4 cards. So stick to 2 cards maximum

A 690 is preferable over SLI 680s only when available PCI-e lanes are an issue.

____________________________________________

So essentially ....

If your budget is $400-500, get a GTX680.

If you're running multiple and/or high resolution displays (2560x1600), get either SLI 680s (4GB cards) or a Titan. 680 SLI is still ideal in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpSkyline View Post

Why not just go 670 SLI and OC them to 680 territory, you save money and get a good FPS boost. Sure if you want every last FPS possible, and i mean less then 10FPS then go 680/Titan.

A 3570K or 2600K, if OC well, won't Bottleneck a SLI Titan setup. So a 680/670 setup will fair even better.

400-550W PSU is ok for ONE GPU, 700+ for 2, 850+ for 3...though 3 cards and up start to lose Good performance boosts. 2 is a good Max. And 1,000W+ for 4 way, but it ant worth the price, unless you bench.
You're amazingly intelligent guys.
Thanks for all.

Actually im thinking for 1 single monitor for this giving time.
Plus, im not concerned about the prices to its giving performance, Meaning that i want to buy a card that wants to ****** burst with FPS & total dominating performance and damn perfect OC.
Lol, sorry for the strong lang here, but im pretty annoyed by my Qosmio x770 with 2630 QM & GTX 560M that isnt much anyway, but i run Crysis 3 on all medium graphics & medium settings with 1080p to a giving 25-28-33 FPS, i want to get a max boooooost into the world of Graphics & cards.
Question, How is it that Sli 2 way 680 beats a 690 ? please explain.
Plus i heard that a soon development for the sake of Titan that is going to Beat the crap out of 690, i think for a new driver or something ?
Im building a SFF dominating gaming rig, thinming of a Silver Stone Fortress FT 03 or the mini edition, thats why im asking that much into this, with my secret custom build thumb.gifwink.gif .
Please gimme more ideas into my build or recommend me with your brain storming ideas, im all ears.
post #26 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanstasiu View Post

450W is pushing it for a single card. You'd be ok with a quality 550W unit if you weren't overclocking.

i5-3570k and i7-2600k will both be fine for any cards on the market.

Here is how to narrow down your card choice:

1- Budget.

A 680 is in a totally different league from a Titan ... $400 vs $1000. It's up to you whether you want something amazing, or something you can sink money in for a negligeable difference.

2- Resolution / number of screens.

What's your display setup like?

3- In terms of performance

TITAN > 680 > 670 and so on.

680 SLI > 690.

For SLI, scaling goes downhill at 3 and even more at 4 cards. So stick to 2 cards maximum

A 690 is preferable over SLI 680s only when available PCI-e lanes are an issue.

____________________________________________

So essentially ....

If your budget is $400-500, get a GTX680.

If you're running multiple and/or high resolution displays (2560x1600), get either SLI 680s (4GB cards) or a Titan. 680 SLI is still ideal in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpSkyline View Post

Why not just go 670 SLI and OC them to 680 territory, you save money and get a good FPS boost. Sure if you want every last FPS possible, and i mean less then 10FPS then go 680/Titan.

A 3570K or 2600K, if OC well, won't Bottleneck a SLI Titan setup. So a 680/670 setup will fair even better.

400-550W PSU is ok for ONE GPU, 700+ for 2, 850+ for 3...though 3 cards and up start to lose Good performance boosts. 2 is a good Max. And 1,000W+ for 4 way, but it ant worth the price, unless you bench.
You're amazingly intelligent guys.
Thanks for all.

Actually im thinking for 1 single monitor for this giving time.
Plus, im not concerned about the prices to its giving performance, Meaning that i want to buy a card that wants to ****** burst with FPS & total dominating performance and damn perfect OC.
Lol, sorry for the strong lang here, but im pretty annoyed by my Qosmio x770 with 2630 QM & GTX 560M that isnt much anyway, but i run Crysis 3 on all medium graphics & medium settings with 1080p to a giving 25-28-33 FPS, i want to get a max boooooost into the world of Graphics & cards.
Question, How is it that Sli 2 way 680 beats a 690 ? please explain.
Plus i heard that a soon development for the sake of Titan that is going to Beat the crap out of 690, i think for a new driver or something ?
Im building a SFF dominating gaming rig, thinming of a Silver Stone Fortress FT 03 or the mini edition, thats why im asking that much into this, with my secret custom build thumb.gifwink.gif .
Please gimme more ideas into my build or recommend me with your brain storming ideas, im all ears.


Well if you want Gaming pwnage, at a good price, get a 3770K, the newer ones from Micro-Center, then got a H100i or H110, then OC to 5GHz, get some 1866+ Low timings RAM and OC them if you need to., Get a good Gigabyte Mobo or ASUS, then get 2 GTX 680 MSI Lightnings or EVGA SC and SLI them. Also grab a 120GB SSD from Samsung OR Intel, those the the better ones and you will have a Nice Gamer Rig.

Now if you want E-Peen and Max Bench-Scores, get a 3970X, 3100Mhz RAM, and 2 Titans. But that's $2,000+ VS the 3770K build for under $1,400.
 
Folding Skyline
(16 items)
 
SkylineServer
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K @ (Not Stock) ASUS X99-A Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FE @ 2,000+ Kingston HyperX DDR4 3200Mhz (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX100 128GB SATA III SSD (OS) Western Digital 2TB SATA III (Data) Crucial MX300 275GB SATA III SSD (Game) LG SATA Light-Scribe DVD+/-RW Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Pull x2 Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit SP2 Vizio 40" 1920x1080 60/120Hz TV/Monitor Dell SX2210 DVI 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard  Corsair Professional Series HX850W Rosewill Thor V2 Black/White L.E. Full Tower Case Logitech Ball Pro 
Mouse PadAudio
What Pad? >_< Logitech Z4 2.1 Stereo System  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 @ ~3Ghz MSI 775 Aftermarket Mobo Nvida GTX 770 LE 2GB @ ~1,300+ 2x2GB (4GB) 800Mhz DDR2 RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 160GB DVD/CD Writer/Burner Cooler Master 92mm Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate Basic 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 18" LCD DVI Dell QWERTY Corsair CX500 500W PSU Spartan Series 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Dell Laser N/A Internal Speaker 240mm Fan to Cool GPU 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5410 2.33Ghz Intel E5410 2.33Ghz Dell T7400 Dual Xeon Nvidia Quadro 290 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung ECC RAM DDR2 800Mhz Seagate Barrcuda 500GB 7,200RPM (OS) DVD/CD Writer/Burner Dual Intel Xeon Heatsinks w/ 200mm Delta Fan 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate Dell Precision 18" LCD DVI  Dell Precision 104 QWERTY Dell/Delta 850W Dual Rail PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dell Precision T7400 Server Case  Dell Precision Laser N/A Internal Speaker 
Other
Linksys Gigabit Ehternet Card 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Folding Skyline
(16 items)
 
SkylineServer
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820K @ (Not Stock) ASUS X99-A Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FE @ 2,000+ Kingston HyperX DDR4 3200Mhz (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX100 128GB SATA III SSD (OS) Western Digital 2TB SATA III (Data) Crucial MX300 275GB SATA III SSD (Game) LG SATA Light-Scribe DVD+/-RW Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Pull x2 Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit SP2 Vizio 40" 1920x1080 60/120Hz TV/Monitor Dell SX2210 DVI 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard  Corsair Professional Series HX850W Rosewill Thor V2 Black/White L.E. Full Tower Case Logitech Ball Pro 
Mouse PadAudio
What Pad? >_< Logitech Z4 2.1 Stereo System  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 @ ~3Ghz MSI 775 Aftermarket Mobo Nvida GTX 770 LE 2GB @ ~1,300+ 2x2GB (4GB) 800Mhz DDR2 RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 160GB DVD/CD Writer/Burner Cooler Master 92mm Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate Basic 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 18" LCD DVI Dell QWERTY Corsair CX500 500W PSU Spartan Series 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Dell Laser N/A Internal Speaker 240mm Fan to Cool GPU 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5410 2.33Ghz Intel E5410 2.33Ghz Dell T7400 Dual Xeon Nvidia Quadro 290 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung ECC RAM DDR2 800Mhz Seagate Barrcuda 500GB 7,200RPM (OS) DVD/CD Writer/Burner Dual Intel Xeon Heatsinks w/ 200mm Delta Fan 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate Dell Precision 18" LCD DVI  Dell Precision 104 QWERTY Dell/Delta 850W Dual Rail PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Dell Precision T7400 Server Case  Dell Precision Laser N/A Internal Speaker 
Other
Linksys Gigabit Ehternet Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpSkyline View Post

Well if you want Gaming pwnage, at a good price, get a 3770K, the newer ones from Micro-Center, then got a H100i or H110, then OC to 5GHz, get some 1866+ Low timings RAM and OC them if you need to., Get a good Gigabyte Mobo or ASUS, then get 2 GTX 680 MSI Lightnings or EVGA SC and SLI them. Also grab a 120GB SSD from Samsung OR Intel, those the the better ones and you will have a Nice Gamer Rig.

Now if you want E-Peen and Max Bench-Scores, get a 3970X, 3100Mhz RAM, and 2 Titans. But that's $2,000+ VS the 3770K build for under $1,400.

What about this :

Asus P8Z77 I Deluxe
i7 2600k or / i5 3570k
8-16GB RAM 1600
GTX Titan
1 TB HDD + 120 SSD
Mini FT03 SilverStone
450w SFX SilverStone PSU

Good ?
post #28 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post

What about this :

Asus P8Z77 I Deluxe
i7 2600k or / i5 3570k
8-16GB RAM 1600
GTX Titan
1 TB HDD + 120 SSD
Mini FT03 SilverStone
450w SFX SilverStone PSU

Good ?

I'd suggest at least a 600W PSU if you're going to use a Titan: http://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/printer/power-requirements-for-graphics-cards
Maybe even go for a 650W-750W if you want to be comfortable to overclock and potentially add on in the future, but 600W at least.
Here is another link in support of that.

Look for a PSU with a single 12-V rail, and one that is at least 80+ Bronze--if not silver, gold or platinum. XFX, Seasonic and Corsair are some great brands to look at.

Also, have you decided on the cooling you are going to use for the CPU? I'm not familiar with the case so it's hard for me to recommend a cooler that would work best in that case.
The rest of it looks fine to me. I would go with the 3570K over the 2600k if your main use for the rig is to game.
I would just get 8GB of RAM for now. If you find yourself needing more, you can just buy another 8GB kit of the same type and timings.
Speaking of which, 1600mhz is fine, but as/more important is your cas latency--try to find one with a cas of 9 or lower.

Good luck! thumb.gif

Edit: After looking a little more I realized you are using a mini-ITX board. In that case, with 2 DIMMs, I would decide now if you need 8GB or 16GB of RAM. You probably only need 8, but if you think you'll be doing a lot of video editing or rendering, go for 16.
Edited by BonzaiTree - 4/3/13 at 10:19am
post #29 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzaiTree View Post

I'd suggest at least a 600W PSU if you're going to use a Titan: http://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/printer/power-requirements-for-graphics-cards
Maybe even go for a 650W-750W if you want to be comfortable to overclock and potentially add on in the future, but 600W at least.
Here is another link in support of that.

Look for a PSU with a single 12-V rail, and one that is at least 80+ Bronze--if not silver, gold or platinum. XFX, Seasonic and Corsair are some great brands to look at.

Also, have you decided on the cooling you are going to use for the CPU? I'm not familiar with the case so it's hard for me to recommend a cooler that would work best in that case.
The rest of it looks fine to me. I would go with the 3570K over the 2600k if your main use for the rig is to game.
I would just get 8GB of RAM for now. If you find yourself needing more, you can just buy another 8GB kit of the same type and timings.
Speaking of which, 1600mhz is fine, but as/more important is your cas latency--try to find one with a cas of 9 or lower.

Good luck! thumb.gif

Edit: After looking a little more I realized you are using a mini-ITX board. In that case, with 2 DIMMs, I would decide now if you need 8GB or 16GB of RAM. You probably only need 8, but if you think you'll be doing a lot of video editing or rendering, go for 16.

Thanx Bonzai,

I read your thought with great perspective.
You're right about the PSU, i never thought that Titan is a power sucker, i read a Tom's Hardware that Titan draws 231 watt in gaming, while in idle is 31-41 watt.
As i thought, 8 GB RAM is good for gaming ATM, might go 16 later on. ( What type could be the best & cheap ? )
What is the cas of 9 ? please explain more.
I think the i5 3570K has a better Cash ram better than the 2600 ?
What do you think i should pick for a sace than is SFF & yet fits all ... And still be modded into a blazing custom thumb.gif ?
Feel all free to talk to me.
post #30 of 33
Well if you're going to utilize hyper threading, then the i7 2600k will be better. Mostly HT is used for rendering, video editing etc.

However, as far as gaming goes, the 3570k is perfect. I don't think there's really any noticeable difference when gaming between the 3570 and the 2600, but the 2600 is around 90-100 dollars more.
That's why I suggest the 3570k instead.

As far as the best type of RAM, it's all debatable. I have Kingston Hyper X and I've been really happy with it. Generally G-Skill, Corsair, Geil all have good reputations.
As long as the cas timings and clock speed of the RAM is good (low cas and high clock speed is what you're aiming for) the rest doesn't matter.
Most of the other differences are how pretty the heatsinks look xD

As far as Cas latency goes, the cas number is basically the delay between the time the command to retrieve a piece of data is sent, and the data is received.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAS_latency

So, the lower the Cas number, (or lower the timings) the better. Lower number means less delay.


As far as a SFF case I can't speak from experience either. I know that Fractal Design makes some interesting smaller cases, but I don't really know. Someone else can chime in on that one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › Mad Custom Build with mATX or mITX!