Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 7950 Crossfire issue
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

7950 Crossfire issue - Page 5

post #41 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigatel View Post


Reps for being rational. Refreshing and thanks.

Wishy washy if rational. BF3 multiplayer, the op topic, not rts not any title. Bf3 multiplayer 3570& 2 x 7950 - feel free to post your use graphs and fraps
post #42 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigatel View Post


Reps for being rational. Refreshing and thanks.

brother u are not getting those gpu at 100% usage... dont keep lying to us and have some respect for me that in looking information...
i have read tons of thread and there are even better CPU than yours and they have same issue... bottlenecking gpus...

all we want u to do for god sake, is just to open MSI afterburner... show the GPU usage ingame... and them just take a picture... is that so hard to do?
post #43 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteReplay View Post

brother u are not getting those gpu at 100% usage... dont keep lying to us and have some respect for me that in looking information...
i have read tons of thread and there are even better CPU than yours and they have same issue... bottlenecking gpus...

all we want u to do for god sake, is just to open MSI afterburner... show the GPU usage ingame... and them just take a picture... is that so hard to do?

Elite its a pointless request because he can not provide that information. For your topic my friend you should try a few different settings re graphics to produce minimums above where you feel your gameplay is positive. You could as you already own am3+ swap out to the piledriver as i did to reduce the issue but the value of that move is only applicable to you. I personally was uncomfortable with my £450 of 2 x gpu only getting used to 50% some times in the only game i really play so i had the value in the swap. Other posters may tell you to buy a 3570 k instead lol and that would be complete nonsense as it would only reduce your issue by a similar to my swap % not remove it
Edited by Ghost12 - 3/30/13 at 5:48pm
post #44 of 62
Quote:
You could as you already own am3+ swap out to the piledriver as i did to reduce the issue

This is what I would suggest, sell your cpu and upgrade. From what I have read the 8320 are a decent amount better than what you have.
post #45 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by john1016 View Post

This is what I would suggest, sell your cpu and upgrade. From what I have read the 8320 are a decent amount better than what you have.

From personal experience i played on fx8120 clocked@4.7, now let me make this clear, at those clocks i could produce minimum fps of 60 no problem, but from an enthusiast point i was not happy looking at my gpu use on some maps falling to 50-70% use across both cards therefore in my opinion rendering the value of 2 xgpu worthless to a point being more important than the bottleneck itself. I swapped out to a fx8320@5ghz and my minimum gpu use never now goes below 70% across both cards, in computer speak that is a huge improvement that was worth the upgrade. The main difference being that i can now mostly hit 99% in less intense parts rather than it being an exception.
post #46 of 62


The childishness displayed by some people in this thread is very VERY annoying.
Heisenberg
(10 items)
 
Redemption
(18 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Extreme @ 2.8GHz (upgrade) Intel GMA 950 2 x 2 DDR2 667MHz (upgrade) 120GB Mushkin ECO2 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Replaced with 42 W/hr aux battery Mint 17.3 1280x800 Dell 65w Dell Adapter 
CaseOther
Latitude D630 Chassis Intel 7260-802.11ac 2x2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Not telling AsRock something Pixel Pusher 2 x 8 GB AMD Radeon RAM @ 1600mhz (All the VM's) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 128GB (8 second boot) Western Digital RE4 1TB Western Digital RE4 2TB Pioneer Blu-Ray Reader/Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Dell U2713HM IBM Model M (CLICKY!!) 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCG-900 NZXT Source 210 (it was cheap) Logitech G502 Schiit Modi 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 598 M-Audio AV40's 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4200U Microsoft BGA1168 Intel HD 4400 8 GB LPDDR3 Dual Channel @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
SK Hynix 256GB SSD Windows 8.1 Professional 1920 x 1080p IPS Display Microsoft Touch Cover 2 
Power
48w PSU 
  hide details  
Reply
Heisenberg
(10 items)
 
Redemption
(18 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Extreme @ 2.8GHz (upgrade) Intel GMA 950 2 x 2 DDR2 667MHz (upgrade) 120GB Mushkin ECO2 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Replaced with 42 W/hr aux battery Mint 17.3 1280x800 Dell 65w Dell Adapter 
CaseOther
Latitude D630 Chassis Intel 7260-802.11ac 2x2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Not telling AsRock something Pixel Pusher 2 x 8 GB AMD Radeon RAM @ 1600mhz (All the VM's) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 128GB (8 second boot) Western Digital RE4 1TB Western Digital RE4 2TB Pioneer Blu-Ray Reader/Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Dell U2713HM IBM Model M (CLICKY!!) 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCG-900 NZXT Source 210 (it was cheap) Logitech G502 Schiit Modi 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 598 M-Audio AV40's 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4200U Microsoft BGA1168 Intel HD 4400 8 GB LPDDR3 Dual Channel @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
SK Hynix 256GB SSD Windows 8.1 Professional 1920 x 1080p IPS Display Microsoft Touch Cover 2 
Power
48w PSU 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmark2 View Post



The childishness displayed by some people in this thread is very VERY annoying.

I know!!! Suck it up people and let it go. If he doesn't want to provide proof just say OK and carry on helping the OP out.
post #48 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth View Post

I know!!! Suck it up people and let it go. If he doesn't want to provide proof just say OK and carry on helping the OP out.

I agree and am sorry for my part in it if offended anyone but the issue irks me no end. If the op or anyone reading took that misinformation regards 3570k@2 x 7950 that only plays bf3 multiplayer as gospel, went out tomorrow and purchased a brand new shiny 3570k based rig, got home and played bf3 multiplayer they would not be very happy at the replacement still bottlenecking at around a 30% increase not removing to 100% as some are saying at a massive cost.

No more 2 cents
post #49 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

From personal experience i played on fx8120 clocked@4.7, now let me make this clear, at those clocks i could produce minimum fps of 60 no problem, but from an enthusiast point i was not happy looking at my gpu use on some maps falling to 50-70% use across both cards therefore in my opinion rendering the value of 2 xgpu worthless to a point being more important than the bottleneck itself. I swapped out to a fx8320@5ghz and my minimum gpu use never now goes below 70% across both cards, in computer speak that is a huge improvement that was worth the upgrade. The main difference being that i can now mostly hit 99% in less intense parts rather than it being an exception.


I read through this thread, and I don't think you guys are making any sense at all though, especially you. So let me get this straight, are you saying a 3570k even when overclocked will bottleneck dual "high end" GPU's in bf3? wth.gif, making them run at lower GPU Load % than 90%-99%?........ If that's what you are saying, then you must be kidding me haha..... proof.gif

You're asking that guy for proof, but you yourself have not shown any proof to show that in bf3, an overclocked or even stock 3570k will bottleneck dual 7950's or "high end GPU's" say.... (7850, 660, 7870, 660ti, 7950, and above) wink.gif

When you provide that chart, video, or whatever, i'll be glad to take what you are saying serious, as for now, you are just in the same situation as "Gigatel", NO PROOF, just Your Own Opinion.. tongue.gif
ICE Evolution
(30 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 5930k MSI X99S SLI KRAIT Edition LGA2011-v3 MSI GTX 1070 Sea-Hawk EK MSI GTX 1070 Sea-Hawk EK 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
HyperX 16Gb DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 WD 500GB Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC ... Seagate 500GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RayStorm High Performance Acetal CPU Liqui... Corsair SP 120 (x10) Thermaltake Riing 120 RGB (x6) XSPC Photon 270 Tube Reservoir Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC Terminal DUAL Parallel - Plexi PrimoChill 1/2in Rigid PETG Tubing - 36in - Clear  Rigid Revolver Compression Fitting 3/8" x 1/2" ... Hardwarelabs Sr1 480mm Radiator (x3) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
D5 PWM PUMP (x2) Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Deluxe White... Bitspower Dual D5 Mod Top (Acrylic Version) - U... Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer B326HK 32" 4K IPS Corsair k70 RGB EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 Thermaltake Core X9 Snow Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Cyborg R.A.T 5 Gaming Mouse Xtrac Pad Ripper Mousepad Logitech z623 200w sub woofer Logitech G35 
OtherOther
Logitech c920 1080p Hd webcam Xbox One Special Edition Covert Forces Wireless... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor Lenovo NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M 2GB  8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Enhanced Atlas Series120GB SATA III MLC... 1TB 5400RPM (Storage) Blu-ray/DVD-RW Cm X-Slim 
OSMonitorKeyboardAudio
Windows 8 pro 15.6" FHD LED Glare Wedge 1920x1080 Backlit Keyboard JBL speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
ICE Evolution
(30 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 5930k MSI X99S SLI KRAIT Edition LGA2011-v3 MSI GTX 1070 Sea-Hawk EK MSI GTX 1070 Sea-Hawk EK 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
HyperX 16Gb DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 WD 500GB Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC ... Seagate 500GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RayStorm High Performance Acetal CPU Liqui... Corsair SP 120 (x10) Thermaltake Riing 120 RGB (x6) XSPC Photon 270 Tube Reservoir Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC Terminal DUAL Parallel - Plexi PrimoChill 1/2in Rigid PETG Tubing - 36in - Clear  Rigid Revolver Compression Fitting 3/8" x 1/2" ... Hardwarelabs Sr1 480mm Radiator (x3) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
D5 PWM PUMP (x2) Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Deluxe White... Bitspower Dual D5 Mod Top (Acrylic Version) - U... Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer B326HK 32" 4K IPS Corsair k70 RGB EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 Thermaltake Core X9 Snow Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Cyborg R.A.T 5 Gaming Mouse Xtrac Pad Ripper Mousepad Logitech z623 200w sub woofer Logitech G35 
OtherOther
Logitech c920 1080p Hd webcam Xbox One Special Edition Covert Forces Wireless... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor Lenovo NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M 2GB  8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Enhanced Atlas Series120GB SATA III MLC... 1TB 5400RPM (Storage) Blu-ray/DVD-RW Cm X-Slim 
OSMonitorKeyboardAudio
Windows 8 pro 15.6" FHD LED Glare Wedge 1920x1080 Backlit Keyboard JBL speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungbenny911 View Post

I read through this thread, and I don't think you guys are making any sense at all though, especially you. So let me get this straight, are you saying a 3570k even when overclocked will bottleneck dual "high end" GPU's in bf3? wth.gif, making them run at lower GPU Load % than 90%-99%?........ If that's what you are saying, then you must be kidding me haha..... proof.gif

You're asking that guy for proof, but you yourself have not shown any proof to show that in bf3, an overclocked or even stock 3570k will bottleneck dual 7950's or "high end GPU's" say.... (7850, 660, 7870, 660ti, 7950, and above) wink.gif

When you provide that chart, video, or whatever, i'll be glad to take what you are saying serious, as for now, you are just in the same situation as "Gigatel", NO PROOF, just Your Own Opinion.. tongue.gif

Yes that is exactly what i am saying and you are welcome to post proof that a 3570k can push 2xhigh end gpu to constant 99-100% use in specifically bf3 multiplayer@ 1080 p - any ,map

Its not an opinion it is fact - try google, try ocn search, try battlelog forums - many many threads on the subject In fact read the thread again, there are 2 bf3 multi players on higher end cpu than 3570 k with crossfire and eyefinity set ups and neither reported 99-100% use in the multiplayer game. Sp yes - mp no

And the highlighted gpu are not high end. At no point have i said the bottleneck is relevant regards minimum frames rates, or slighted intel cpu`s or any cpu - just stated a plain fact regards gpu use in the debated scenario
Edited by Ghost12 - 3/30/13 at 6:35pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › 7950 Crossfire issue