Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Thinking of upgrading to ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 with Intel i7 3770K. Got a lot of questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thinking of upgrading to ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 with Intel i7 3770K. Got a lot of questions

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
Hi All,

I am seriously thinking of upgrading to a more powerful rig. My current specs are:

Intel i5 2300 Processor
Intel DH67CL Motherboard
AMD Radeon HD6870 (Sapphire) 1 GB DDR5 Graphics Card
Corsair Value Select 4GB X 4 = 16 GB DDR3 RAM 1333 FSB
Corsair CX600 PSU.
Cooler Master TPC 812 Air Cooler

What I am looking for:

Intel i7 3770K Processor

Any 2 nvidia Graphics Card which can be used together on the same board - Please suggest Cheap and Best

Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 is looking like the best option I have as of now

And the guy at the computer shop suggested that I buy a PSU of atleast 750-800 Watts otherwise dual Graphics won't be supported.
I don't want to change the RAM and Air Cooling Kit that I already have.

Please suggest the best Graphics Card (nVidia) which can be rigged as Dual GPU and a suitable Motherboard.
I don't have a very high budget.

Thanks in advance! smile.gif
post #2 of 17
Thread Starter 
Also I want to know if the above can be Overclocked by any chance.
post #3 of 17
That would be a lasting upgrade, but what are you using it for so I can suggest a video card to suit your needs.
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
Reply
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 
Hi drnilly007,

I am getting it to work on High End 3D Softwares and Develop Video Games of my own.

Please advice Graphics Card, Motherboard and do I need to change the PSU?
post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilly007 View Post

That would be a lasting upgrade, but what are you using it for so I can suggest a video card to suit your needs.

Hi drnilly007,

I am getting it to work on High End 3D Softwares and Develop Video Games of my own.

Please advice Graphics Card, Motherboard and do I need to change the PSU?
Edited by abhisheknagpal - 4/3/13 at 11:09am
post #6 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilly007 View Post

That would be a lasting upgrade, but what are you using it for so I can suggest a video card to suit your needs.

Hi drnilly007,

I am getting it to work on High End 3D Softwares and Develop Video Games of my own.

Please advice Graphics Card, Motherboard and do I need to change the PSU?
post #7 of 17
for one odds are your going to have to flash the BIOS on the Z68 in order for the 3770K to run.
unless you get it already loaded with the latest BIOS.
post #8 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmental View Post

for one odds are your going to have to flash the BIOS on the Z68 in order for the 3770K to run.
unless you get it already loaded with the latest BIOS.

Which motherboard should be purchased to be free of such issues. Secondly, I want to have 2 Graphics Cards on the setup, please Advise! redface.gif
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheknagpal View Post

Hi All,

I am seriously thinking of upgrading to a more powerful rig. My current specs are:

Intel i5 2300 Processor
Intel DH67CL Motherboard
AMD Radeon HD6870 (Sapphire) 1 GB DDR5 Graphics Card
Corsair Value Select 4GB X 4 = 16 GB DDR3 RAM 1333 FSB
Corsair CX600 PSU.
Cooler Master TPC 812 Air Cooler

What I am looking for:

Intel i7 3770K Processor

Any 2 nvidia Graphics Card which can be used together on the same board - Please suggest Cheap and Best

Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 is looking like the best option I have as of now

And the guy at the computer shop suggested that I buy a PSU of atleast 750-800 Watts otherwise dual Graphics won't be supported.
I don't want to change the RAM and Air Cooling Kit that I already have.

Please suggest the best Graphics Card (nVidia) which can be rigged as Dual GPU and a suitable Motherboard.
I don't have a very high budget.

Thanks in advance! smile.gif
already mentioned the BIOS update for the Z68 board now I have a few more questions.

what resolution is your monitor or monitors set-up.?
what other options are out there besides the Z86 Gen3.?
are you selling off your older hardware and adding the funds to get the new hardware.?

a good 650-watt to 700-watt can run the latest good nVidia cards and overclock your CPU with no problems.
of course something stronger is a little better but no need to go above 750-800-watt PSU.
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheknagpal View Post

Which motherboard should be purchased to be free of such issues. Secondly, I want to have 2 Graphics Cards on the setup, please Advise! redface.gif

Any Z77 motherboard will be able to use Ivy Bridge CPU without BIOS update and most ATX sized board above $130 have SLI/CFX support. I recommend the Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
Edited by sherlock - 4/3/13 at 11:31am
Skylake 1080 FTW
(18 items)
 
XPS 15
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K  ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger EVGA 1080 FTW TridentZ DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 128GB Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Muskin Reactor 1TB Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro  Acer XB321HK 32" 4K G-sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Rapid Fire EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 NZXT H440 Black Logitech G900  
Mouse PadOther
Razer Vespula CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD - PFC Sinewave UPS Syst... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz(3.8Ghz Turbo) Dell XPS 15-9560 Nvidia GTX 1050 8GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB PCIE SSD Windows 10 Pro 15.6" 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake 1080 FTW
(18 items)
 
XPS 15
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K  ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger EVGA 1080 FTW TridentZ DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM951 128GB Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Muskin Reactor 1TB Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate Baracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 HDD Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro  Acer XB321HK 32" 4K G-sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Rapid Fire EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 NZXT H440 Black Logitech G900  
Mouse PadOther
Razer Vespula CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD - PFC Sinewave UPS Syst... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz(3.8Ghz Turbo) Dell XPS 15-9560 Nvidia GTX 1050 8GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB PCIE SSD Windows 10 Pro 15.6" 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Thinking of upgrading to ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 with Intel i7 3770K. Got a lot of questions