Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Planetside] Game Update 06 04-03-2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Planetside] Game Update 06 04-03-2013 - Page 3

post #21 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaluksys View Post

That's what I make too. On double xp weekend I made around 1700. Didn't make more because of social obligations tongue.gif
And I unlocked an auraxian medal, which gave me 200 certs. There was a bug (a VERY NICE ONE) on double xp that gave everyone double certs for medals earned biggrin.gif

God damn it! I asked some people if I will get double for a medal and they told me no so I barely used my Orion which had 30 kills for an auraxian medal...God damn it...
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheByt3 View Post

God damn it! I asked some people if I will get double for a medal and they told me no so I barely used my Orion which had 30 kills for an auraxian medal...God damn it...

LOL

But it was too late when I found out that I was going to get double certs for medals... It was sunday 7pm.

And why don't you use your Orion more often? When I used to play VS I had a laser attachment on it, and that's all you need. You can effectively kill people with shotguns by strafing and firing from the hip with an Orion + laser. I know I die a lot to Orions and Trac-5 with laser pointers when I have a shotgun equipped tongue.gif
People complain a lot about Shotguns being OP. It's not too hard to outsmart a shotgunner. Just strafe, crouch, time the shots. I killed a guy with a pump action last night by doing that and he missed all 3 shots (I had the standard carbine for NC engineer with laser attachment).
Hell Froze Over
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570 @ 4.0-4.2ghz Asrock Z77 Pro3 Zotac GTX670 Amp! @ 1300mhz 4*4gb Kingston 1333mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2*Seagate 500gb 7200.12 Corsair Force GT 60gb CNPS 10x Performa + 2*CM Blade Master W7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung T27A550 Asus U-75HA 750w CoolerMaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Hell Froze Over
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570 @ 4.0-4.2ghz Asrock Z77 Pro3 Zotac GTX670 Amp! @ 1300mhz 4*4gb Kingston 1333mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2*Seagate 500gb 7200.12 Corsair Force GT 60gb CNPS 10x Performa + 2*CM Blade Master W7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung T27A550 Asus U-75HA 750w CoolerMaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 29
Just a note, the reaver isn't the best ESF. All of the advanced maneuvers possible with the reaver are possible with the others, they're just significantly easier to do with the reaver because the visual cues are noticeable, where the mossie is harder to see and with the scythe there is literally zero visual cues given for the advanced maneuvers.

In the hands of a bad pilot,
Mossie > Scythe > Reaver

In the hands of a good pilot,
Reaver > Mossie > Scythe

In the hands of an ace pilot,
Scythe > Mossie > Reaver

With how Scythes fly, they can out maneuver the other two but require a bit more experience to mimic the flight patterns of the other two as it requires additional stuff (like using control and a quick brake tap to match the normal turn radius of a reaver). These same properties (wide turn radius, average speed) are a hinderance to someone who is a good pilot but not experienced with a Scythe.
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
The Obelisk
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z (Z68) Asus GTX 570 DirectCU II  EVGA 9800GT ECO 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz  WD Black 1TB OCZ Vertex 2 90GB OCZ Agility 4 128GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Samsung 840 128GB Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ViewSonic VX2250 Asus VE248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Logitech G600 
Mouse PadAudio
C4 NGen Logitech G930 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 29
Well, that explains the infinite swarm of mosquitos, average amount of Scythes and zero Reavers flying.
The Scythe can make some crazy turns, it's very unpredictable. But hey, it's alien technology, it should be flying like a UFO anyway.

I will try flying the Reaver again today... hoping I don't find Scourgeoftheserver flying a Scythe smile.gif

But I think the "in the hands of a bad..." applies to everything the TR has.
Hell Froze Over
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570 @ 4.0-4.2ghz Asrock Z77 Pro3 Zotac GTX670 Amp! @ 1300mhz 4*4gb Kingston 1333mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2*Seagate 500gb 7200.12 Corsair Force GT 60gb CNPS 10x Performa + 2*CM Blade Master W7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung T27A550 Asus U-75HA 750w CoolerMaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Hell Froze Over
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570 @ 4.0-4.2ghz Asrock Z77 Pro3 Zotac GTX670 Amp! @ 1300mhz 4*4gb Kingston 1333mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2*Seagate 500gb 7200.12 Corsair Force GT 60gb CNPS 10x Performa + 2*CM Blade Master W7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung T27A550 Asus U-75HA 750w CoolerMaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 29
I haven't played in months. I need to pick it up again.

Speaking of ESFs and Scythes, here are a couple of my better outings.



Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaluksys View Post

LOL

But it was too late when I found out that I was going to get double certs for medals... It was sunday 7pm.

And why don't you use your Orion more often? When I used to play VS I had a laser attachment on it, and that's all you need. You can effectively kill people with shotguns by strafing and firing from the hip with an Orion + laser. I know I die a lot to Orions and Trac-5 with laser pointers when I have a shotgun equipped tongue.gif
People complain a lot about Shotguns being OP. It's not too hard to outsmart a shotgunner. Just strafe, crouch, time the shots. I killed a guy with a pump action last night by doing that and he missed all 3 shots (I had the standard carbine for NC engineer with laser attachment).

I used it by January until I bought some new weapons with my SC. After that I got the LSW so I used that and I actually barely even used my Heavy Assault. Then I decided to make a Long Range Loadout as well as a CQC Loadout when the Lancer came out. So I bought the Lancer, and all levels of the Adrenaline Shield (2250 certs).

I used the Lancer with the LSW and Resist Shield for Long Range and I used the Nova (shotgun) with Adrenaline shield and S1 (stock launcher) for close quarters.

The shotgun just fitted so well the role of downing opponents as fast as possible at CQC (which is a must for Adrenaline Shield), that is why I mostly used the shotgun and I still do but if I want to be more sneaky I get the Orion with a Laser Sight and a silencer instead of the shotgun.
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldari View Post

I haven't played in months. I need to pick it up again.

Speaking of ESFs and Scythes, here are a couple of my better outings.

eek.gif
Damn...

Well, they've nerfed your photon pods a little, and your Scythe is now worth 600xp (I'm sure you understand why), so it's gonna be a little harder to survive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheByt3 View Post

I used it by January until I bought some new weapons with my SC. After that I got the LSW so I used that and I actually barely even used my Heavy Assault. Then I decided to make a Long Range Loadout as well as a CQC Loadout when the Lancer came out. So I bought the Lancer, and all levels of the Adrenaline Shield (2250 certs).

I used the Lancer with the LSW and Resist Shield for Long Range and I used the Nova (shotgun) with Adrenaline shield and S1 (stock launcher) for close quarters.

The shotgun just fitted so well the role of downing opponents as fast as possible at CQC (which is a must for Adrenaline Shield), that is why I mostly used the shotgun and I still do but if I want to be more sneaky I get the Orion with a Laser Sight and a silencer instead of the shotgun.

Hum, I never gave the adrenaline shield a try, but now that you mention, I will try certing it and using it with the pump action shotgun. I don't like sneaky, I like when enemies come at me. I kind of have ADHD.
Edited by bigaluksys - 4/4/13 at 2:55pm
Hell Froze Over
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570 @ 4.0-4.2ghz Asrock Z77 Pro3 Zotac GTX670 Amp! @ 1300mhz 4*4gb Kingston 1333mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2*Seagate 500gb 7200.12 Corsair Force GT 60gb CNPS 10x Performa + 2*CM Blade Master W7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung T27A550 Asus U-75HA 750w CoolerMaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Hell Froze Over
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570 @ 4.0-4.2ghz Asrock Z77 Pro3 Zotac GTX670 Amp! @ 1300mhz 4*4gb Kingston 1333mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2*Seagate 500gb 7200.12 Corsair Force GT 60gb CNPS 10x Performa + 2*CM Blade Master W7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung T27A550 Asus U-75HA 750w CoolerMaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaluksys View Post

eek.gif
Damn...

Well, they've nerfed your photon pods a little, and your Scythe is now worth 600xp (I'm sure you understand why), so it's gonna be a little harder to survive.

I was still playing when they nerfed the blast radius, and I think they also made it do a little less to armor or maybe just the Lightning. Those may have been from after the nerf, unless they've furthered nerfed pods.

I logged in earlier for a couple minutes just to see how things feel after so long. Went 7 or 8/0 and logged cause I had stuff to do. Feels pretty much the same as much as I could tell with such a short session.
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
Bueller
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.7Ghz @ 1.36v Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte Windforce 780 Ti 3GB 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB Samsung 840 Pro + RAID1 2TB 7200 Hitachis LG 6X Blu-ray Burner Corsair H100i Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG236HE XArmor U9BL-S Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W Corsair 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 SteelSeries 5L O2DAC -> Corsair SP2500 (or O2 amp and Beyerdyn... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldari View Post

I was still playing when they nerfed the blast radius, and I think they also made it do a little less to armor or maybe just the Lightning. Those may have been from after the nerf, unless they've furthered nerfed pods.

I logged in earlier for a couple minutes just to see how things feel after so long. Went 7 or 8/0 and logged cause I had stuff to do. Feels pretty much the same as much as I could tell with such a short session.

Then you're updated. But damn, man... stop making us jealous of your flying skills biggrin.gif
Hell Froze Over
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570 @ 4.0-4.2ghz Asrock Z77 Pro3 Zotac GTX670 Amp! @ 1300mhz 4*4gb Kingston 1333mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2*Seagate 500gb 7200.12 Corsair Force GT 60gb CNPS 10x Performa + 2*CM Blade Master W7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung T27A550 Asus U-75HA 750w CoolerMaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Hell Froze Over
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570 @ 4.0-4.2ghz Asrock Z77 Pro3 Zotac GTX670 Amp! @ 1300mhz 4*4gb Kingston 1333mhz 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2*Seagate 500gb 7200.12 Corsair Force GT 60gb CNPS 10x Performa + 2*CM Blade Master W7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung T27A550 Asus U-75HA 750w CoolerMaster HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Planetside] Game Update 06 04-03-2013