Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Phantek 140mm to overclock an 3570k?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Phantek 140mm to overclock an 3570k? - Page 2

post #11 of 46
As PontiacGTX just mentioned, alot of people have the view of having the ultimate cooling but failing to do the measurements or looking at the quality of the supporting brackets. Don't forget all this weight is hanging from the motherboard. I am running an Antec 920 and was running a heavy air cooler before this. The reason I swapped was because of the weight issue.
post #12 of 46
Thread Starter 
=( im running Vengeance RAM right now, so i KNOW the cooler wont fit unless i change to...maybe the Samsung, "Miracle" RAM?

Im running on an ASrock pro 4 mobo.
Edited by Indiegreg - 4/3/13 at 5:42pm
post #13 of 46
Yeah that's a point also, Vengeance Ram probably won't fit unless you have only 2 sticks and can use slots 2 and 4. If not and you want the cooler than low profile RAM is your only option
post #14 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiegreg View Post

=( im running Vengeance RAM right now, so i KNOW the cooler wont fit unless i change to...maybe the Samsung, "Miracle" RAM?

Im running on an ASrock pro 4 mobo.

there isnt stock for samsung ram but there is a similar one from Crucial Ballistix with 1.35v, but check cpu cooler height Phanteks size is too big
post #15 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by K62-RIG View Post

Yeah that's a point also, Vengeance Ram probably won't fit unless you have only 2 sticks and can use slots 2 and 4. If not and you want the cooler than low profile RAM is your only option

Would i be able to find some RAM that would fit, and preferably blue?

im guessing 40mm is my space to use?
Edited by Indiegreg - 4/3/13 at 5:50pm
post #16 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiegreg View Post

Would i be able to find some RAM that would fit, and preferably blue?

im guessing 40mm is my space to use?

Here you go - http://www.corsair.com/memory-by-product-family/vengeance/vengeance-low-profile-blue-8gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cml8gx3m2a1600c9b.html
post #17 of 46
post #18 of 46
Thread Starter 
I will be overclocking, what voltage would i need on the sticks?
post #19 of 46
btw Corsair Vengeance low profile White/snow edition are 1.35v too thumb.gif
post #20 of 46
No idea what you are on about. You seem to post sometimes without engaging your brain. rolleyes.gif I know you know better.

SA SB-E is in same league as TC14PE but CM V8 isn't even in the shadows. wink.gif

SA SB-E Extreme only exceeds TC14PE because of the TY-143 2500rpm fans vs Phanteks having 1200rpm fans. Get real; put TY-143 fans on TC14PE and it's right up with SA SB-E. :rolleyes I know. I have both and have ran both with TY-143s.thumb.gif

As for CM V8 GTS isn't even in the same league in looks or performance. It's looks belong in a car not a computer. rolleyes.gif Performance isn't even close.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Phantek 140mm to overclock an 3570k?