Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › [Case Design Idea] Beast X
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Case Design Idea] Beast X - Page 2

Poll Results: Rate

 
  • 14% (1)
    0 - Get off OCN, NOW!
  • 0% (0)
    1 - This is horrid to my eyes.
  • 0% (0)
    2 - Most of the stuff here is not practical
  • 0% (0)
    3 - Not bad for somebody with no experience, could definitely use some improvement.
  • 71% (5)
    4 - This actually have some good ideas in it.
  • 14% (1)
    5 - Great design.
7 Total Votes  
post #11 of 15
Nice design. Seems a little odd to me on the 5 1/2" bays that they're sideways and behind the side panel. Not that optical drives are a huge deal these days, but if you're using a bay fan controller, reservoir, or card reader, you'd probably like to have easier access than having to remove the side door to get to them. As a one off, this presents no real issues, but if you imagine it as some sort of production item, then it would probably need either a variant with forward facing 5 1/2" bays or a replaceable front with 5 1/2" bays that could be mounted sideways or front facing.

I'm a big fan of the 90 degree rotated motherboard (as you can see by my rig), and have some experience here, so I think you may not have left enough space at the top for all the cabling (USB's, LAN, Video) that will attach to the motherboard. You'd also need a cutout in the top-back of the case for the cables to exit.

If that case were available with those tweaks, I'd definitely consider buying one!
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceandele View Post

Wow the textures on that look really great! thumb.gif good detail on the mesh as well!

those could be exhausts biggrin.gif but are 2 Monsta 480 rads on top , push/pull config

My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBolts619 View Post

Nice design. Seems a little odd to me on the 5 1/2" bays that they're sideways and behind the side panel. Not that optical drives are a huge deal these days, but if you're using a bay fan controller, reservoir, or card reader, you'd probably like to have easier access than having to remove the side door to get to them. As a one off, this presents no real issues, but if you imagine it as some sort of production item, then it would probably need either a variant with forward facing 5 1/2" bays or a replaceable front with 5 1/2" bays that could be mounted sideways or front facing.

I'm a big fan of the 90 degree rotated motherboard (as you can see by my rig), and have some experience here, so I think you may not have left enough space at the top for all the cabling (USB's, LAN, Video) that will attach to the motherboard. You'd also need a cutout in the top-back of the case for the cables to exit.

If that case were available with those tweaks, I'd definitely consider buying one!

Some good suggestions there, also checked out your build, looks pretty sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoi View Post

those could be exhausts biggrin.gif but are 2 Monsta 480 rads on top , push/pull config
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

drool.gif so much want, somebody please make this...
Crimson Origin
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Gene Sapphire 7950 OC Sapphire 7950 OC 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB Samsung 1TB Custom Chinese WC Box Windows 7 Ultimate 
PowerCase
Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Silverstone SG10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600 Dell Motherboard MSI 7770 Ghz Edition Samsung 2x4 GB + Hynix 2x2 GB 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Seagate 500GB 7200rpm LG Blueray Burner Windows 7 Ultimate OCZ ModXstream 600W 
Case
Dell XPS 8300 Case 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770k Asus Maximus V Gene PowerColor 7990 Avexir Core Series Red 16GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 7200RPM Phobya CPU-Cooler UC-2 LT EK-FC7990 Full-Coverage Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingMonitor
Alphacool DC-LT Ceramic - 12V DC Pro AGB Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 120mm Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 180mm CrossOver 27" 2560x1440 IPS Monitor 
PowerCaseAudio
Silverstone Strider Plus 850W SilverStone Sugo Series SG09 MicroATX Mini Tower  ASUS - Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
Crimson Origin
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Gene Sapphire 7950 OC Sapphire 7950 OC 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB Samsung 1TB Custom Chinese WC Box Windows 7 Ultimate 
PowerCase
Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Silverstone SG10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600 Dell Motherboard MSI 7770 Ghz Edition Samsung 2x4 GB + Hynix 2x2 GB 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Seagate 500GB 7200rpm LG Blueray Burner Windows 7 Ultimate OCZ ModXstream 600W 
Case
Dell XPS 8300 Case 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770k Asus Maximus V Gene PowerColor 7990 Avexir Core Series Red 16GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 7200RPM Phobya CPU-Cooler UC-2 LT EK-FC7990 Full-Coverage Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingMonitor
Alphacool DC-LT Ceramic - 12V DC Pro AGB Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 120mm Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 180mm CrossOver 27" 2560x1440 IPS Monitor 
PowerCaseAudio
Silverstone Strider Plus 850W SilverStone Sugo Series SG09 MicroATX Mini Tower  ASUS - Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 15
im trying to plan the build for this summer , but now i need some suggestions from the most experienced DIYers out there , and the people who watercool alot smile.gif

im glad you liked it smile.gif , i got some SW stuff i would love to share , but there's no website that we could share out parts / meassurments and all that stuff 3d

... i wish OCN had a section just for that ( because they got a section JUST for cable sleeving lol , why not a 3d renderings and concepts area )
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoi View Post

im trying to plan the build for this summer , but now i need some suggestions from the most experienced DIYers out there , and the people who watercool alot smile.gif

im glad you liked it smile.gif , i got some SW stuff i would love to share , but there's no website that we could share out parts / meassurments and all that stuff 3d

... i wish OCN had a section just for that ( because they got a section JUST for cable sleeving lol , why not a 3d renderings and concepts area )

Try requesting it on the Suggestions Section
Crimson Origin
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Gene Sapphire 7950 OC Sapphire 7950 OC 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB Samsung 1TB Custom Chinese WC Box Windows 7 Ultimate 
PowerCase
Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Silverstone SG10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600 Dell Motherboard MSI 7770 Ghz Edition Samsung 2x4 GB + Hynix 2x2 GB 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Seagate 500GB 7200rpm LG Blueray Burner Windows 7 Ultimate OCZ ModXstream 600W 
Case
Dell XPS 8300 Case 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770k Asus Maximus V Gene PowerColor 7990 Avexir Core Series Red 16GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 7200RPM Phobya CPU-Cooler UC-2 LT EK-FC7990 Full-Coverage Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingMonitor
Alphacool DC-LT Ceramic - 12V DC Pro AGB Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 120mm Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 180mm CrossOver 27" 2560x1440 IPS Monitor 
PowerCaseAudio
Silverstone Strider Plus 850W SilverStone Sugo Series SG09 MicroATX Mini Tower  ASUS - Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
Crimson Origin
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Gene Sapphire 7950 OC Sapphire 7950 OC 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB Samsung 1TB Custom Chinese WC Box Windows 7 Ultimate 
PowerCase
Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Silverstone SG10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600 Dell Motherboard MSI 7770 Ghz Edition Samsung 2x4 GB + Hynix 2x2 GB 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Seagate 500GB 7200rpm LG Blueray Burner Windows 7 Ultimate OCZ ModXstream 600W 
Case
Dell XPS 8300 Case 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770k Asus Maximus V Gene PowerColor 7990 Avexir Core Series Red 16GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 7200RPM Phobya CPU-Cooler UC-2 LT EK-FC7990 Full-Coverage Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingMonitor
Alphacool DC-LT Ceramic - 12V DC Pro AGB Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 120mm Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 180mm CrossOver 27" 2560x1440 IPS Monitor 
PowerCaseAudio
Silverstone Strider Plus 850W SilverStone Sugo Series SG09 MicroATX Mini Tower  ASUS - Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Mods
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › [Case Design Idea] Beast X