Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Really bad performance Starcraft 2 560 Ti
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Really bad performance Starcraft 2 560 Ti

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Hey!
I have an ASUS 560 Ti overclocked to 970 MHz (base 900)
A 2500k 3.3 GHz
8 GB RAM
And playing on a 1920x1080 resolution.
I am getting really bad performance in Starcraft 2. Extreme settings are default but even at the start of the game I'm getting around 40 fps and then it to around 20 during game. I have seen others get a lot higher fps than I am. I can't find any bottleneck as I am running a 2500k.
I am not running the absolute latest drivers but like second latest or something. Nvidia released a ton with Titan.. But that sholdn't be affecting a quite old game and graphics card.
Has anyone had the same problem or may have a solution to my problem?
Thank you very much for your time!
post #2 of 12
have you tried overclocking your 2500k? sc2 is a very cpu intensive game so that can make a significant difference. also, what other programs do you have running while playing?
Project Arch
(16 items)
 
BigByte
(8 items)
 
Macbook Pro
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5960x @ 4.8ghz Asus X99-E WS 2 x Nvidia Quadro K6000 Corsair Dominator Platinum 64gb 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2 x Samsung 850 Pro 512gb {RAID 0} Swiftech H320 w/ Noctua NF-F12 iPPC Arch Linux w/ OpenBox 2 x LG 31MU97 Cinema 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Vortex KBC Poker II PBT EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Obsidian 450D Zowie FK1 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries QCK+ Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80Ω Audioengine D1 Intel X540-T2 NIC 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Avoton C2750 Octa-Core ASRock C2750D4I Samsung 64gb ECC 1600mhz 8 x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB 
OSPowerCaseOther
FreeNAS SilverStone ST45SF-G 450w SilverStone DS380 Intel X540-T2 NIC 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4960HQ Intel Iris 5200 Pro NVIDIA GT 750M 2gb 16gb (2x8gb) 1600mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMouseMouse Pad
1tb PCIe SSD 15.4" {2880x1800} IPS SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] SteelSeries QcK Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Arch
(16 items)
 
BigByte
(8 items)
 
Macbook Pro
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5960x @ 4.8ghz Asus X99-E WS 2 x Nvidia Quadro K6000 Corsair Dominator Platinum 64gb 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2 x Samsung 850 Pro 512gb {RAID 0} Swiftech H320 w/ Noctua NF-F12 iPPC Arch Linux w/ OpenBox 2 x LG 31MU97 Cinema 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Vortex KBC Poker II PBT EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Obsidian 450D Zowie FK1 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries QCK+ Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80Ω Audioengine D1 Intel X540-T2 NIC 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Avoton C2750 Octa-Core ASRock C2750D4I Samsung 64gb ECC 1600mhz 8 x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB 
OSPowerCaseOther
FreeNAS SilverStone ST45SF-G 450w SilverStone DS380 Intel X540-T2 NIC 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4960HQ Intel Iris 5200 Pro NVIDIA GT 750M 2gb 16gb (2x8gb) 1600mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMouseMouse Pad
1tb PCIe SSD 15.4" {2880x1800} IPS SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] SteelSeries QcK Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizZz View Post

have you tried overclocking your 2500k? sc2 is a very cpu intensive game so that can make a significant difference. also, what other programs do you have running while playing?

^This. SC2 uses very little GPU power and is mainly CPU based. For a nice performance boost, take that CPU to about 4.2Ghz (depending on what kind of cooling you have).
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizZz View Post

have you tried overclocking your 2500k? sc2 is a very cpu intensive game so that can make a significant difference. also, what other programs do you have running while playing?
I want to overclock it but my current motherboard doesn't support it. I bought a used P8Z68 board from a really nice guy. To maybe sli my 560 ti's and oveeclock. I do have some trouble with it though. Check out my other thread here on overclock if you want to help out with it. I don't have any programs that take a lot of power. Spotify, chrome, fraps, msi afterburner. I use msi afterburner to OC my graphics card and fraps to check fps.
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillelito View Post

I want to overclock it but my current motherboard doesn't support it. I bought a used P8Z68 board from a really nice guy. To maybe sli my 560 ti's and oveeclock. I do have some trouble with it though. Check out my other thread here on overclock if you want to help out with it. I don't have any programs that take a lot of power. Spotify, chrome, fraps, msi afterburner. I use msi afterburner to OC my graphics card and fraps to check fps.

Hmm that is a pretty nice mobo but ill check out your thread later. Chrome and spotify both take up a lot of resources so try playing with them closed and see if that makes a difference
Project Arch
(16 items)
 
BigByte
(8 items)
 
Macbook Pro
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5960x @ 4.8ghz Asus X99-E WS 2 x Nvidia Quadro K6000 Corsair Dominator Platinum 64gb 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2 x Samsung 850 Pro 512gb {RAID 0} Swiftech H320 w/ Noctua NF-F12 iPPC Arch Linux w/ OpenBox 2 x LG 31MU97 Cinema 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Vortex KBC Poker II PBT EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Obsidian 450D Zowie FK1 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries QCK+ Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80Ω Audioengine D1 Intel X540-T2 NIC 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Avoton C2750 Octa-Core ASRock C2750D4I Samsung 64gb ECC 1600mhz 8 x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB 
OSPowerCaseOther
FreeNAS SilverStone ST45SF-G 450w SilverStone DS380 Intel X540-T2 NIC 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4960HQ Intel Iris 5200 Pro NVIDIA GT 750M 2gb 16gb (2x8gb) 1600mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMouseMouse Pad
1tb PCIe SSD 15.4" {2880x1800} IPS SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] SteelSeries QcK Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Arch
(16 items)
 
BigByte
(8 items)
 
Macbook Pro
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5960x @ 4.8ghz Asus X99-E WS 2 x Nvidia Quadro K6000 Corsair Dominator Platinum 64gb 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2 x Samsung 850 Pro 512gb {RAID 0} Swiftech H320 w/ Noctua NF-F12 iPPC Arch Linux w/ OpenBox 2 x LG 31MU97 Cinema 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Vortex KBC Poker II PBT EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Corsair Obsidian 450D Zowie FK1 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries QCK+ Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80Ω Audioengine D1 Intel X540-T2 NIC 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Avoton C2750 Octa-Core ASRock C2750D4I Samsung 64gb ECC 1600mhz 8 x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB 
OSPowerCaseOther
FreeNAS SilverStone ST45SF-G 450w SilverStone DS380 Intel X540-T2 NIC 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4960HQ Intel Iris 5200 Pro NVIDIA GT 750M 2gb 16gb (2x8gb) 1600mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMouseMouse Pad
1tb PCIe SSD 15.4" {2880x1800} IPS SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] SteelSeries QcK Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizZz View Post

Hmm that is a pretty nice mobo but ill check out your thread later. Chrome and spotify both take up a lot of resources so try playing with them closed and see if that makes a difference
Well not that much? I've seen players get muuuch higher than 40 fps with the same specs as I have. Chrome and spotify are'nt GPU demanding or CPU demanding at all, right?. Or are they?
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillelito View Post

Well not that much? I've seen players get muuuch higher than 40 fps with the same specs as I have. Chrome and spotify are'nt GPU demanding or CPU demanding at all, right?. Or are they?

Not at all. Even I am getting better FPS than you, and I have a Phenom II x4 4.2Ghz and a 560 ti, and I usually run Spotify and a browser in the background. I am usually around 60fps all the time, but it can drop in late game down to 30-40 with settings set to Extreme
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassefrom View Post

Not at all. Even I am getting better FPS than you, and I have a Phenom II x4 4.2Ghz and a 560 ti, and I usually run Spotify and a browser in the background. I am usually around 60fps all the time, but it can drop in late game down to 30-40 with settings set to Extreme
And my processor is better, right?
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillelito View Post

And my processor is better, right?

Your processor can easily handle Spotify and Chrome backgrounding (depending on the number of tabs you have open). It needs to be overclocked. Is your mobo the P8Z68-PRO from ASUS? That motherboard allows overclocking and can do it pretty well (under 4.3 or so, due to the quality of VRMs being decent but not good enough for a higher overclocks).
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by truestorybro545 View Post

Your processor can easily handle Spotify and Chrome backgrounding (depending on the number of tabs you have open). It needs to be overclocked. Is your mobo the P8Z68-PRO from ASUS? That motherboard allows overclocking and can do it pretty well (under 4.3 or so, due to the quality of VRMs being decent but not good enough for a higher overclocks).
Yep it's the PRO GEN3 version. Only got into windows twice with it and I've got no idea what might be wrong but I can't get it to work! Chrck my other thread to read more and help!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Really bad performance Starcraft 2 560 Ti