Originally Posted by FatKoala
Ok so here is what i did:
1. I accidentaly touched my gpu with a metal object while the computer was running.
2. Immediatly when i touched it, the Led:s on the GPU turned off and my monitor stopped getting any signal from the computer.
3. I turned off my computer and everything started as normal EXCEPT the GPU and the monitor, it seemed like the GPU didn't get any power.
4. The GPU fans are running at 100%(i can hear it from the sound)
5. The VGA_Light on the motherboard is red all the time(shouldn't it just flash red at the startup?)
6. All the other lights on the motherboard are normal.
So i think that my GPU is broken and that the reason to it was a short circuit when i touched the GPU. Am i right??? And if i'm right, is it possible that there is like a fuse on the GPU that would've saved it from getting destroyed.
And if it was a short circuit can anything else be broken, all the fans are working and everything looks normal except the GPU. Everything insinde the computer looks normal except the GPU lights and the VGA_light (GPU lights are not on, VGA_Light is on all the time)
Here are some of the computer specs:
Motherboard: Asus p8p67 EVO
Video card: MSI Radeon HD r6970 Lightning
CPU: Intel i5 2500K
Power supply: Corsair CX750
So is my GPU broken?
Is something else and the GPU broken?
How can i fix any possible problems?
I will try to answer your questions ASAP!!