Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] Dell U2713HM: 2560x1440 Semi-Glossy IPS Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Dell U2713HM: 2560x1440 Semi-Glossy IPS Club - Page 253

post #2521 of 3079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post

Yes slightly. Depends what angle I look at the screen.

I guess the question is, is it worth the hassle of having to send it back and get another one, that may be just as bad - or worse?

Boy that's a tough call. I had that issue on my first one, exchanged it and got lucky with the new monitor replacement the sent. Free cross shipping made it simple. However, we've had members here try many times with no luck and others who have. One member kept his original after a few attempts to score a perfect one. If the one they send is worse you can send it back and keep the original. Need some time, patience and make the call to DELL to get the ball rolling. Up to you though how noticeable it is and if it's bothersome.

If your like me, once I spotted a couple dead pixels on my PB278Q that's all my eyes would focus on afterward. tongue.gif
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #2522 of 3079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Boy that's a tough call. I had that issue on my first one, exchanged it and got lucky with the new monitor replacement the sent. Free cross shipping made it simple. However, we've had members here try many times with no luck and others who have. One member kept his original after a few attempts to score a perfect one. If the one they send is worse you can send it back and keep the original. Need some time, patience and make the call to DELL to get the ball rolling. Up to you though how noticeable it is and if it's bothersome.

If your like me, once I spotted a couple dead pixels on my PB278Q that's all my eyes would focus on afterward. tongue.gif

Ya, that's the problem, I'm sure my eyes will just dart to it every time I watch a movie.

I guess I should read up on Dell's returns/cross-shipping and figure it out. So they'll ship me a replacement before I send back my original one? I live in Canada, so hopefully I don't run into any problems.

What do I tell them when I phone? Yellow stuff in corner? They'll understand?
My System
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
My System
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
post #2523 of 3079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post

Ya, that's the problem, I'm sure my eyes will just dart to it every time I watch a movie.

I guess I should read up on Dell's returns/cross-shipping and figure it out. So they'll ship me a replacement before I send back my original one? I live in Canada, so hopefully I don't run into any problems.

What do I tell them when I phone? Yellow stuff in corner? They'll understand?

Here was my experience - LINK

For the US it's easy. I believe Canada is too. If other Canadian members have done exchange please confirm if it worked for you easily. It's been a while since I read any exchanges in Canada and forgot if it was any different.

What you should do, is have a pic that shows the yellow bleed ready to send to them in an email should they ask for proof. Maybe take a pic without the flash. Completely dark room with no source of other lighting to reflect off screen would be my suggestion. This will really show what you've got going on. Tell them it's a new monitor and it's bleeding through when watching movies or gaming, if that's what your experiencing. Request for a 'premium panel exchange' and make sure you make sure it's going to also be a new one. Tell them you do not want a refurbished. If it's within 30 days of purchase they should send you a new one. They will send you a replacement monitor while you hang onto yours. Once it's received you can and tested, you can package your current one. They will have sent you an email with the free shipping RMA label.

Hint: all you need to do is remove the panel while keeping your wires and stand set up. It's a very simple click latch to remove and save you a lot of time. It's what I did. tongue.gif
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #2524 of 3079
Good morning everyone.
Anyone has the problem with Dell Display Manager that came with the monitor?
since installed i have BSOD ( DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER )
its pretty weird, my mouse begins to freeze for a few seconds and then BSOD.
if i disable the software the problem stops.

And one more question, how to use the shortcut keys 1 and 2 for the presets of the monitor?
what keys are to Shortcut keys? of the settings of the monitor?
thanks guys!
Sorry my bad english redface.gif
post #2525 of 3079
I will be rma'ing my crosshatching monitor, hope to get a better one.

but imho, after that, gonna wait for the u3415w and upgrade to that
Unit Zero
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Maximus 7 Hero EVGA 1080 FTW iCX 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Caviar Black 2TB Caviar Green 1 TB Caviar Black 120 Gb Samsung Evo 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Ek Supremacy Evo Windows 8.1 Dell Ultrasharp 2713hm Corsair Vengeanve K75 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
XFX 850w + Gold Evolv TG Razer Deathadder Elite Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo 
Audio
AKG K550  
  hide details  
Reply
Unit Zero
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Maximus 7 Hero EVGA 1080 FTW iCX 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Caviar Black 2TB Caviar Green 1 TB Caviar Black 120 Gb Samsung Evo 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Ek Supremacy Evo Windows 8.1 Dell Ultrasharp 2713hm Corsair Vengeanve K75 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
XFX 850w + Gold Evolv TG Razer Deathadder Elite Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo 
Audio
AKG K550  
  hide details  
Reply
post #2526 of 3079
Hey folks. I guess I am selling my monitor.

I am not gaming as much as I used to for the last few months (ever since wife got pregnant) and now that the baby is here my gaming is very limited. I guess I will just get a PS4 and game on it on the limited times.

I still did not make up my mind 100%, but if I get a good offer for the monitor, than I will sell it for sure.
post #2527 of 3079
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

Hey folks. I guess I am selling my monitor.

I am not gaming as much as I used to for the last few months (ever since wife got pregnant) and now that the baby is here my gaming is very limited. I guess I will just get a PS4 and game on it on the limited times.

I still did not make up my mind 100%, but if I get a good offer for the monitor, than I will sell it for sure.
Aww, well congratulations on your baby, can't wait til they grow up and can be your gaming buddy thumb.gif
December
(26 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC EVGA GTX 780 SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB Sandisk Extreme SSD 120GB XSPC RX360 V3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Titan SE Acetal/Copper blocks EK Titan SE backplates Primochill Advanced LRT (clear) Aquacomputer Aqualis 880ml 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower Comp. Fittings (Black) Lamptron CW611 36W - 6 Channel Fan Controller Swiftech MCP-655-PWM-DRIVE pump EK Terminal Block - Dual Parallel 3-Slot 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX480 V3 EK Supremacy Nickel Windows 8 Pro Dell U3014 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Browns) Corsair AX1200i Caselabs SM8 Razer Deathadder 2013 
AudioAudio
Audio GD NFB 12.1 DAC/Amp Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
December
(26 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC EVGA GTX 780 SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB Sandisk Extreme SSD 120GB XSPC RX360 V3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Titan SE Acetal/Copper blocks EK Titan SE backplates Primochill Advanced LRT (clear) Aquacomputer Aqualis 880ml 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower Comp. Fittings (Black) Lamptron CW611 36W - 6 Channel Fan Controller Swiftech MCP-655-PWM-DRIVE pump EK Terminal Block - Dual Parallel 3-Slot 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX480 V3 EK Supremacy Nickel Windows 8 Pro Dell U3014 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Browns) Corsair AX1200i Caselabs SM8 Razer Deathadder 2013 
AudioAudio
Audio GD NFB 12.1 DAC/Amp Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2528 of 3079
followup to my problem with the defective monitor, I sent it back to Amazon and they were kind enough to pay for the shipping costs. smile.gif

but I wanna ask about the U2713H, I found it in a local dell store, is it good ? the price is just like the HM about 600$, I read about it and I know that it's input lag is a little higher than the HM, but I'm not a PC gamer, most of my work will be reading & coding & watching some movies + playing PS4 on the side, when I had the HM it was good with the PS4, will the U2713H be worse ?
post #2529 of 3079
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyed View Post

followup to my problem with the defective monitor, I sent it back to Amazon and they were kind enough to pay for the shipping costs. smile.gif

but I wanna ask about the U2713H, I found it in a local dell store, is it good ? the price is just like the HM about 600$, I read about it and I know that it's input lag is a little higher than the HM, but I'm not a PC gamer, most of my work will be reading & coding & watching some movies + playing PS4 on the side, when I had the HM it was good with the PS4, will the U2713H be worse ?

The U2713H has Premier Colour technology: factory-tuned Adobe RGB and sRGB modes, accurate gray-scale tracking and factory colour calibration.

It has more ghosting because it's 10bit colour vs 8-bit.
Gaming Rig
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Asus Strix GTX 970 Asus Strix GTX 970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3... Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black (WD2003FZEX) Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB LG BH16NS40.AUAU10B 16x 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK Phanteks PH-F140HP Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 LED Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 LED 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional (Retail/Full) Dell UltraSharp U2713HM Corsair K95 Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master HAF X Corsair M65 (Black) Corsair Vengeance MM600 Dual Sided Gaming Mouse... 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Asus Strix GTX 970 Asus Strix GTX 970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3... Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black (WD2003FZEX) Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB LG BH16NS40.AUAU10B 16x 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK Phanteks PH-F140HP Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 LED Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 LED 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional (Retail/Full) Dell UltraSharp U2713HM Corsair K95 Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master HAF X Corsair M65 (Black) Corsair Vengeance MM600 Dual Sided Gaming Mouse... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2530 of 3079
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xConnor View Post

The U2713H has Premier Colour technology: factory-tuned Adobe RGB and sRGB modes, accurate gray-scale tracking and factory colour calibration.

It has more ghosting because it's 10bit colour vs 8-bit.

you think this ghosting won't be noticeable if it's running on 1080p via HDMI ? and by that I mean my PS4
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] Dell U2713HM: 2560x1440 Semi-Glossy IPS Club