Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] Dell U2713HM: 2560x1440 Semi-Glossy IPS Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Dell U2713HM: 2560x1440 Semi-Glossy IPS Club - Page 48

post #471 of 3079
How many people did you talk to at Dell? Sometimes you need to call a few times to get somebody that isn't an idiot rolleyes.gif

If not, then did you even try calling Newegg?
December
(26 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC EVGA GTX 780 SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB Sandisk Extreme SSD 120GB XSPC RX360 V3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Titan SE Acetal/Copper blocks EK Titan SE backplates Primochill Advanced LRT (clear) Aquacomputer Aqualis 880ml 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower Comp. Fittings (Black) Lamptron CW611 36W - 6 Channel Fan Controller Swiftech MCP-655-PWM-DRIVE pump EK Terminal Block - Dual Parallel 3-Slot 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX480 V3 EK Supremacy Nickel Windows 8 Pro Dell U3014 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Browns) Corsair AX1200i Caselabs SM8 Razer Deathadder 2013 
AudioAudio
Audio GD NFB 12.1 DAC/Amp Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
December
(26 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 780 SC EVGA GTX 780 SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB Sandisk Extreme SSD 120GB XSPC RX360 V3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Titan SE Acetal/Copper blocks EK Titan SE backplates Primochill Advanced LRT (clear) Aquacomputer Aqualis 880ml 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower Comp. Fittings (Black) Lamptron CW611 36W - 6 Channel Fan Controller Swiftech MCP-655-PWM-DRIVE pump EK Terminal Block - Dual Parallel 3-Slot 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX480 V3 EK Supremacy Nickel Windows 8 Pro Dell U3014 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Browns) Corsair AX1200i Caselabs SM8 Razer Deathadder 2013 
AudioAudio
Audio GD NFB 12.1 DAC/Amp Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #472 of 3079
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMod83 View Post

Are you guys calling the standard Dell Technical Support number? I am getting absolutely nowhere when calling that number. They're telling me because I purchased at Newegg, I have to deal with them, but I know Arizonian also purchased through Newegg and got absolutely stellar support directly from Dell.

I have a rev A00 manufactured in March. Buzzing sound, left side of monitor yellow compared to right, backlight bleeding, crosshatching. You name it.

Use the online support chat; you will get someone immediately and they are very responsive. It took me under 5 minutes to transfer the ownership and give them my info for the RMA.

In order to use the chat you first put in the service tag, which is what they need to transfer ownership. They will simply ask you for your name, address, and phone number and create an account and give you ownership.
Hexa Core
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4.5 ghz GA-X99P-SLI Msi GTX 1070 Gaming 8g Corsair quad channel 16 gb ddr4 2666 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB OCZ trion 150 480 gb HGST 3 TB 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Some random ASUS lightscribe DVD burner Corsair H105 + 2 2150 RPM Gentle Typhoon fans Windows 7 professional 64 bit xb271hu 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell u2713HM Dell 2001FP Ducky Zero Shine DK2108s Seasonic X750 fully modular PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G700s Steelseries qck+ Sennheiser HD600  
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT250 250 ohm Mayflower Electronics O2 Headphone Amp + ODAC Monoprice 5 inch studio monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
Hexa Core
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4.5 ghz GA-X99P-SLI Msi GTX 1070 Gaming 8g Corsair quad channel 16 gb ddr4 2666 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB OCZ trion 150 480 gb HGST 3 TB 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Some random ASUS lightscribe DVD burner Corsair H105 + 2 2150 RPM Gentle Typhoon fans Windows 7 professional 64 bit xb271hu 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell u2713HM Dell 2001FP Ducky Zero Shine DK2108s Seasonic X750 fully modular PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G700s Steelseries qck+ Sennheiser HD600  
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT250 250 ohm Mayflower Electronics O2 Headphone Amp + ODAC Monoprice 5 inch studio monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
post #473 of 3079
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMod83 View Post

Are you guys calling the standard Dell Technical Support number? I am getting absolutely nowhere when calling that number. They're telling me because I purchased at Newegg, I have to deal with them, but I know Arizonian also purchased through Newegg and got absolutely stellar support directly from Dell.

I have a rev A00 manufactured in March. Buzzing sound, left side of monitor yellow compared to right, backlight bleeding, crosshatching. You name it.

First welcome to OCN with your first post. smile.gif

Got a couple questions. When did you buy the monitor? Did you buy an extended warranty with Newegg?

If it's within 30 days, I'd do Newegg exchange. Shouldn't be a problem for defective monitor and Newegg should be paying for RMA shipping. However your going to have to send it back while you wait for the exchange.

Calling Dell should be a simple transfer of warranty unless there are other circumstances as Newegg extended warranty that's effecting their transferring it over from Newegg. It took about 5 mins on hold for them to do that with me. Once approved the cross ship the new one while you keep yours. Only down side is no longer refundable but under the premium panel warranty.

I called at midnight pacific time USA and I'm guessing there is a time difference and depending on when you call it could be the grave yard crew. tongue.gif
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #474 of 3079
So.... after going back and forth with DELL, they decided to finally send me an exchange.

My original U2713HM was Rev. A01 that suffered from image retention and backlight bleed.

The replacement they sent me is a refurbished Rev. A00 with a couple issues......

1) Some of the worst backlight bleed i have seen in person (FYI: i work for a tablet manufacturer and deal with LCD panels everyday)

2) Annoying crosshatching caused by the poor AG coating


Taken in day lit room @ 60% brightness:
AppleMark
AppleMark


Taken in a dark room @ 60% brightness:
AppleMark
AppleMark


Crosshatching (Diagonal lines):


I feel like puking on DELL sicksmiley.png
post #475 of 3079
Don't know what to say about your second U2713HM Booblej Sorry to hear that.

A pic of my monitor not displaying any cross hatching and what it should look like. I sit a bit more than full arms length away from my monitor.

     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #476 of 3079
New monitor is here! And It does not have too much glow from what I can see. I'll check again when it's darker outside since I have a window behind my monitor, but for now these pictures will havve to do. smile.gif


This one is quite overexposed so you see what to look for in the next picture. Brightness 100 on both pics.


This is about what I see in this light.

Also, while I immediately noticed cross hatching on my first monitor now I really have to look for it, could be I'm just used to it.

Heres a pic of my setup right now.
R2
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz Asus Rampage Gene IV XFX DD HD7950 Kingston 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Series Optiarc Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell UltraSharp U2212HM 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
U2713HM Blackwidow Corsair GS600 Fractal Design Define R2 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Deathadder 3.5G Razer Goliathus Control Asus Xonar Essence STX Senn HD595 
Audio
M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
R2
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz Asus Rampage Gene IV XFX DD HD7950 Kingston 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Series Optiarc Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell UltraSharp U2212HM 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
U2713HM Blackwidow Corsair GS600 Fractal Design Define R2 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Deathadder 3.5G Razer Goliathus Control Asus Xonar Essence STX Senn HD595 
Audio
M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #477 of 3079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoxy View Post

How many people did you talk to at Dell? Sometimes you need to call a few times to get somebody that isn't an idiot rolleyes.gif

If not, then did you even try calling Newegg?

I called four different times and used the online chat once. First two told me there was nothing they could do, call Newegg. Third wanted to do an exchange, but of course they couldn't find my order number in their system and no matter what I said, they couldn't understand that I had purchased from Newegg. I swear I think the fourth one just hung up on me smile.gif I didn't try Newegg yet because I really want to do a cross-ship. I need the display for work. I also believe I will get another Rev A00 if I deal with Newegg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjolnir125 View Post

Use the online support chat; you will get someone immediately and they are very responsive. It took me under 5 minutes to transfer the ownership and give them my info for the RMA.

In order to use the chat you first put in the service tag, which is what they need to transfer ownership. They will simply ask you for your name, address, and phone number and create an account and give you ownership.

The chat was even more useless than calling. The chat rep wanted to go through the driver installation process with me, and help me install the "Rev A01 drivers". I explained the Rev A00 vs A01 model situation to him and he had no idea what I was talking about. Again, seemed like a language barrier problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

First welcome to OCN with your first post. smile.gif

Got a couple questions. When did you buy the monitor? Did you buy an extended warranty with Newegg?

If it's within 30 days, I'd do Newegg exchange. Shouldn't be a problem for defective monitor and Newegg should be paying for RMA shipping. However your going to have to send it back while you wait for the exchange.

Calling Dell should be a simple transfer of warranty unless there are other circumstances as Newegg extended warranty that's effecting their transferring it over from Newegg. It took about 5 mins on hold for them to do that with me. Once approved the cross ship the new one while you keep yours. Only down side is no longer refundable but under the premium panel warranty.

I called at midnight pacific time USA and I'm guessing there is a time difference and depending on when you call it could be the grave yard crew. tongue.gif

Thanks!

I purchased the monitor on May 6, but just had a chance to get my new system setup yesterday. No extended warranty purchased.

I was under the impression that even with an RMA exchange, Newegg requires the customer to pay for return shipping? I could be totally wrong. Also, there is the fact I will be without the monitor for some time and I feel I will receive another A00 if I deal with Newegg.

I may try to give them a call right now since it's fairly early and see if I get anywhere. Thanks for the tip on the calling time.
post #478 of 3079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booblej View Post

So.... after going back and forth with DELL, they decided to finally send me an exchange.

My original U2713HM was Rev. A01 that suffered from image retention and backlight bleed.

The replacement they sent me is a refurbished Rev. A00 with a couple issues......

1) Some of the worst backlight bleed i have seen in person (FYI: i work for a tablet manufacturer and deal with LCD panels everyday)

2) Annoying crosshatching caused by the poor AG coating


Taken in day lit room @ 60% brightness:
AppleMark
AppleMark


Taken in a dark room @ 60% brightness:
AppleMark
AppleMark


Crosshatching (Diagonal lines):


I feel like puking on DELL sicksmiley.png

They sent you a Rev A00 refurb? mad.gif I may just stick with the one I have if they're sending out refurbs.
post #479 of 3079
Boblj is a different story. He got a refurb because he's coming from a $300 monitor that isn't a premium panel they exchanged so many times they eventually upgraded him to a new U2713HM twice the monitor he paid for.

As his luck was going he ended up with one he could see bleed in black borders. So when he had issues with the upgraded version they almost didn't send him another from what he be said a few pages back.

So I'm guessing he's no longer qualified for new and they are sending returns to him.

In your case and mine who purchased a new U2713HM right off the bat are entitled to new monitor exchanges. They'd tell you if you made sure before you confirmed your RMA.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #480 of 3079
Well, I decided to go back into the chat and try my luck again this morning, and sure enough I received help from a very knowledgeable rep, and in no time he agreed to cross-ship a replacement. There was no discussion of where I purchased it, warranty transfer, etc. He just did it. I even requested a Rev A01 and he ensured me that is what I will be receiving. Fingers crossed that I get a good unit, but I'm happy with Dell support now! Thanks guys.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] Dell U2713HM: 2560x1440 Semi-Glossy IPS Club