Originally Posted by banging34hzs
So let me get this stright on how to install.
1. patch it
2. install mod
every time i do i get this rockstar club not detected and it wont patch..
this is the best guide...you have to follow the guide word for word. http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128300
copied here, too:
Downgrade-Manual for all steamusers with a version of GTAIV above 184.108.40.206:
Attention: You have to start GTAIV at least one single time through steam and let it install. After one full start of GTAIV you can begin with this manual.
1. Start Steam, open your Library, right-click on "Grand Theft Auto IV" and click on Properties. Move to the tab "Updates" and change the given option to "Do not automatically update this game".
2. Download the 220.127.116.11-Patch; for example from here: Click and install it. If an error occurs during the installation you can use this archive that contains the patch as well. Just merge the content of the archive with your GTAIV-Mainfolder and overwrite everything.
3. Download the "Rockstar Social Group Tool" (RGSG): Click, but DO NOT install it!
4. Change the name of your "GTAIV"-Folder (X:\(...)\Steam\SteamApps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV) to something else than "GTAIV". This is important, because otherwise you will have to reinstall GTAIV and start all over again.
5. Now install the RGSG-Tool. It creates a new "GTAIV"-folder with the Tools components in "X:\(...)\Steam\SteamApps\common\grand theft auto iv\". Should the installations be stopped by an error, download this archive: Click
The archive contains the installed RGSG-Tool.
6. Copy the content of this new created "GTAIV"folder (X:\(...)\Steam\SteamApps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV) into your old "GTAIV"-folder, that you renamed before.
7. Erase the "GTAIV"-folder of the RGSG-Tool and rename your old "GTAIV"-folder with its gamecontent back to "GTAIV". The folder should still be in "X:\(...)\Steam\SteamApps\common\grand theft auto iv\".
8. That's it. As long as you do not have rests of incompatible mods (Xliveless- and ScriptHook-user go on reading after this), GTAIV should now rund perfectly in version 18.104.22.168. It is always the best method to start without mods and then reenabling one for one, until everything is fine.