Overclock.net banner

GTS v GTX

735 views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  lessthanjake1241 
#1 ·
Ok I've said this in other threads, but I AM AN IMPATIENT PERSON, I do NOT order items online, and I cannot seem to find an 8800 GTX ANYWHERE locally, but I did call a local computer store and they did have an EVGA 8800GTS in stock, I was really wanting a GTX, but I don't want to wait the whole week for one to ship (also I need to return my current 7950 GT card to Best Buy because my 30 days for return runs out soon) SO will I notice the different to the point where I should wait? and be honest because my wife really wants me to get the cheaper one!!!!

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyyboii View Post
Man. Calm down. What you mean a week. If you order from newegg it gets to you in 2-3 days. Especially for you since they have a warehouse in Cali.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=&srchInDesc=

Yeah, but I work a job where I am home for a day or 2 then gone for 2-3 days, so I like to spend the time that I am home with my family, and installing computer parts, not freaking out whether or not my computer parts are going to show up, on top of that we live in apartments with small mail boxes, and my wife would not enjoy waiting at home to support my expensive computer habit HAH

#7 ·
You're in California. Go to a Fry's; they have em but they're a bit more expensive than newegg. Other more specialized computer shops aimed at hobbyists/enthusiasts should carry them too.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitronical
View Post

i would say you are so impatient that you deserve to pay retail price for a lower quality video card then what you could get from newegg for less. Maybe as you think about your choice you will learn a life lesson that being patient can pay off.

As someone who has worked for everything he has, I am very patient when it comes to other things, but when it comes to money and getting things, I am NOT a patient person, I am almost like those freaks who pay 2 g's on ebay just so they dont have to wait 2 months to get a PS3, except I hate consoles, and I am not *that* extreme when it comes to computers.

#10 ·
The GTS isnt a bad card at all and will play all DX9 games flawlessly aswel as doing just fine in all upcoming DX10 games...The GTX is nice but withthe GTS you will be completely Fine.

Hope this Answeres your Question as everyone else just seems to have a go at you about not buying online.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyyboii
View Post

Man. Calm down. What you mean a week. If you order from newegg it gets to you in 2-3 days. Especially for you since they have a warehouse in Cali.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=&srchInDesc=

Btw, newegg doesn't ship their goods from Cali, they just have a warehouse here so they can charge the nice 8.25% sales tax to us.

#16 ·
order rush processing and next-day shipping. If you order in the morning, you'll have it the next day. And it will probably STILL cost less than a local store.

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideburns
View Post

Honestly though....Newegg. They don't leave stuff on your porch...you have t o go to UPS or Fedex to pick it up if you're not home.

Yea they do I ordered basically a computer and when i came home from school i had to huge MSI boxes sitting on my steps.

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt.JD
View Post

Yea they do I ordered basically a computer and when i came home from school i had to huge MSI boxes sitting on my steps.

UPS usually requires a signature. if you don't have a sig, you have to pick it up at the UPS terminal. same way w/ fedex.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mudd
View Post

UPS usually requires a signature. if you don't have a sig, you have to pick it up at the UPS terminal. same way w/ fedex.

I have never needed to sign for my stuff... they just drop it off. I've had well over $2000 worth of computer parts left on my porch. (not all at the same time... biggest was my dad's build, about $900 worth of stuff)

#20 ·
Well, I'm sure you can email or call newegg or FedEx and tell them to leave the package at the FedEx place and you can pick it up from there anytime. And, I think, that you should be patience because if you have the money a 8800GTX will be worth the money over a 8800GTS. Plus, it's not like your 7950GT is slow or anything, it's just not DX10 compatible, not really an issue now, since there are no DX10 games.

8800GTS Vs. 8800GTX:
Comparison - 8800GTS & 8800GTX

EDIT -- It's not even worth getting a 8800GTS over an overclocked 7950GT because look at these two cards:
XFX GeForce 7950GT - 610MHz Core Speed, Pixel Piplines 24, 1600MHz Memory Speed, 512MB of Ram, 256-Bit Ram Interface.

XFX GeForce 8800GTS - 500MHz Core Speed, Steam Processors 96, 1600MHz Memory Speed, 640MB of Ram, 320-Bit Ram Interface.

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mudd
View Post

i never have to sign for ups, they always leave it. fed ex never does and i have to goto the warehouse..i just use ups, they havent failed me yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.