Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 1040

post #10391 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post

You just confirmed he stated gloss + AG coating ( essentially matte ) + glass = glossy again... jesus. We need to make a list of sellers and what they actually carry and what they don't (as opposed as to what they think they do )

I plan on debezeling mine, so guess what I lose the glass anyways when doing surround, so what then matte? Then remove all film, I don't want to deal w/ another polarizer issue again depending on how quickly these are assembled. rolleyes.gif

Yeah I re-read what he said a few times and finally gleamed that. He is effectively saying the glossy he is selling is a matte panel with a piece of glass is all.
6700K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k @ 4.7 Asus Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980 Ti SLI G.Skill 16gb DDR4 3200 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Kraken X60, Kraken G10 GPUs Windows 10 Samsung 40" JU6700 4k Curved Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic 860 Platinum Corsair Carbide 540 G600 Phillips Fidelio X1 
Audio
Creative Soundblaster X7 
  hide details  
Reply
6700K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k @ 4.7 Asus Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980 Ti SLI G.Skill 16gb DDR4 3200 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Kraken X60, Kraken G10 GPUs Windows 10 Samsung 40" JU6700 4k Curved Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic 860 Platinum Corsair Carbide 540 G600 Phillips Fidelio X1 
Audio
Creative Soundblaster X7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10392 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMG8GT View Post

Yeah I re-read what he said a few times and finally gleamed that. He is effectively saying the glossy he is selling is a matte panel with a piece of glass is all.

so what are our options now? This kinds ticks me off. Just the hassle of shipping it back sounds like a pain.
post #10393 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKris View Post

so what are our options now? This kinds ticks me off. Just the hassle of shipping it back sounds like a pain.

If you're not gonna debezel and it looks fine then no issue I guess, but if you plan to then open a claim w/ Ebay. Product is not what you ordered or Product does not match description. I have 4 feedbacks I'm entitled to him atm so I'm gonna give 4 negative. That should change things up.thumb.gif
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10394 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post

If you're not gonna debezel and it looks fine then no issue I guess, but if you plan to then open a claim w/ Ebay. Product is not what you ordered or Product does not match description. I have 4 feedbacks I'm entitled to him atm so I'm gonna give 4 negative. That should change things up.thumb.gif

They would pay for return shipping? I just left Green-Sum negative feedback myself.

I would eventually get to debezeling. Just not right now tongue.gif

"eBay Money Back Guarantee has got you covered. We're here to help.
Seller's return policy for this item
This item must be returned within 14 days after the buyer receives it. The buyer pays for return shipping. The refund will be given as Money Back.
More details from the seller:
Restocking fees: No"


Not bad Ebay. I just wish these sellers would change the description!!!

I'm still satisfied but I want the best damnit lol. Can't complain too much for $300 though..
Edited by Ovrclck - 12/5/13 at 11:57am
post #10395 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhiteRX7 View Post

Nope my mouse and ssd's are up and working the second 8.1 is up. I have mine boot right in to desktop and I'm usually immediately opening up chrome or something haha. Definitely might want to reinstall your bios, I have a feeling that could have more to do with it than your amd driver. But 13.11 wqhl has been perfectly reliable for me with games and such so it's not a bad idea trying it out anyways thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

Mine boots up fine, then the screen will flash once. After that flash, it's at 120hz.. I can live with that, as literally it's like a few seconds after boot up that this happens. On windows 8.1 with the latest Cat betas.

Will try and keep this short.. Well mine just keeps getting weirder and weirder, tried 13.11 whql and mouse worked fine at startup then overclocked the monitor and everything went slow so i thought alright it's the overclock...

Then i installed 13.11 beta 9.5 without overclock to make sure and nope, slow to load again, I installed the overclock anyway and it didn't show up. Then i uninstalled the drivers, moved my mouse from usb3 to usb2 port, removed external hdd and connected to onboard graphics and connected to the tv and installed 13.11 beta 9.4 lol, rebooted and all was good, disconnected from tv and connected to qnix rebooted and all was good, overclocked rebooted and the mouse worked and the overclock worked and all was good, connected external hdd and put mouse back into usb3 and have rebooted several times and mouse loads at start up fine, external drive loads fine, overclock loads fine, so i have no idea what's going on. I'm a little scared it's the mobo going bad with the correlation to the usb ports but who knows, like i said earlier i have ran u driver cleaning utility yesterday that i think may have stuffed with windows picking up the overclock and maybe connecting my tv then the monitor forced it to re register whatever it lost. Time will tell i guess. + rep to you guys.
I'm back baby!!!
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 sapphire tri x r9 290 corsair ripjaws x 1600 (16gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung evo 120gb ssd seagate 1tb hdd 1tb external hdd seagate 2tb hdd 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung cd drive coolermaster vortex plus windows 7 ultimate Sony W800B (50 inch) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance k65 Corsair rm1000 Fractal Design node 605 Razer Naga left hand edition 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer kabuto creative gigaworks t40 series ii logitech g930 wireless headset Logitech wireless touchpad 
Other
Vantec 310S3 Hard drive enclosure x2 
  hide details  
Reply
I'm back baby!!!
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 sapphire tri x r9 290 corsair ripjaws x 1600 (16gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung evo 120gb ssd seagate 1tb hdd 1tb external hdd seagate 2tb hdd 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung cd drive coolermaster vortex plus windows 7 ultimate Sony W800B (50 inch) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance k65 Corsair rm1000 Fractal Design node 605 Razer Naga left hand edition 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer kabuto creative gigaworks t40 series ii logitech g930 wireless headset Logitech wireless touchpad 
Other
Vantec 310S3 Hard drive enclosure x2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10396 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

I took some pics of what they sent me as glossy, seems glossy to me, hope this helps.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








Quick question, if you poke the screen with your finger, does it leave an imprint against the screen like with typical matte screens? If not, it's glass.
post #10397 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboner1 View Post


Will try and keep this short.. Well mine just keeps getting weirder and weirder, tried 13.11 whql and mouse worked fine at startup then overclocked the monitor and everything went slow so i thought alright it's the overclock...

Then i installed 13.11 beta 9.5 without overclock to make sure and nope, slow to load again, I installed the overclock anyway and it didn't show up. Then i uninstalled the drivers, moved my mouse from usb3 to usb2 port, removed external hdd and connected to onboard graphics and connected to the tv and installed 13.11 beta 9.4 lol, rebooted and all was good, disconnected from tv and connected to qnix rebooted and all was good, overclocked rebooted and the mouse worked and the overclock worked and all was good, connected external hdd and put mouse back into usb3 and have rebooted several times and mouse loads at start up fine, external drive loads fine, overclock loads fine, so i have no idea what's going on. I'm a little scared it's the mobo going bad with the correlation to the usb ports but who knows, like i said earlier i have ran u driver cleaning utility yesterday that i think may have stuffed with windows picking up the overclock and maybe connecting my tv then the monitor forced it to re register whatever it lost. Time will tell i guess. + rep to you guys.


That's insane LOL but hey whatever works! Lets hope it stays like this, but I agree it's probably in the mobo frown.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k @ 4.6ghz Asus Rampage IV Formula Sapphire R9 290 Sapphire R9 290 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Sapphire R9 290 Gskill Trident X 2400mhz - 16gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD 1TB storage 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phobya Nova 1080 radiator Phobya Nova 1080 radiator 18 x YL Silent series 120mm fans XSPC 290x water block w/ Back Plate 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK Supremacy Clean CSQ copper cpu block 2 x D5 pumps Windows 8.1 Pro Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4k! 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Monoprice Cherry Red Gaming series EVGA 1300 G2 Fractal Silent FinalMouse 2015 revised 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Star Citizen massive pad DT 990 PRO 250ohm schiit Modi 2 Uber schiit Magni 2 Uber 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k @ 4.6ghz Asus Rampage IV Formula Sapphire R9 290 Sapphire R9 290 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Sapphire R9 290 Gskill Trident X 2400mhz - 16gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD 1TB storage 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phobya Nova 1080 radiator Phobya Nova 1080 radiator 18 x YL Silent series 120mm fans XSPC 290x water block w/ Back Plate 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK Supremacy Clean CSQ copper cpu block 2 x D5 pumps Windows 8.1 Pro Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4k! 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Monoprice Cherry Red Gaming series EVGA 1300 G2 Fractal Silent FinalMouse 2015 revised 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Star Citizen massive pad DT 990 PRO 250ohm schiit Modi 2 Uber schiit Magni 2 Uber 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10398 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKris View Post

Quick question, if you poke the screen with your finger, does it leave an imprint against the screen like with typical matte screens? If not, it's glass.

must be glass, is that bad?>
post #10399 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

must be glass, is that bad?>

Not at all. I think yours is also matte finish panel +tempered glass.

green-sum = You're ******* out
love east bound and down btw
Edited by Ovrclck - 12/5/13 at 12:06pm
post #10400 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKris View Post

Not at all. I think yours is also matte finish panel +tempered glass.

I really wouldnt know how to tell. It's pretty reflective to be honest, and when I flick my finger on it, it doesn't feel like glass. If I turn the monitor off, it's like a mirror, also on dark screens.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club