Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 1062

post #10611 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirtqt View Post

Looking to order one of these bad boys, but I got a few questions:

1) What's the difference between QNIX and X-Star? I understand they are the same company but how does the bezels compare with each other?
2) What's the difference between matte and glossy? Is the extra $40 for a temper glassed monitor better at all?
3) What color bit is for each monitor?

Thanks for the help.

1) acorrding to many they are the same panel and same bezel
2)at this point there seems to be alot of confusion on if there is glossy under the temperd glass. also there seems to be no straight up glossy anymore, so there is only matte and tempered. from what iv gathered its a very light matte coating as well.
3) i beileve they are 8bit.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820K ASUS X99-DELUXE Nvidia GTX 970 16GB Crucial Ballistix  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Toshiba 1TB Liteon bluray burner Corsair H100 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 Ultimate 64bit X-STAR 27" PLS LED 1440P ASUS 25" TN LED 1080P Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA 850 G2 Corsair 780T White logitech G300 Sound Baster Z 
Other
JVC HARX700 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820K ASUS X99-DELUXE Nvidia GTX 970 16GB Crucial Ballistix  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Toshiba 1TB Liteon bluray burner Corsair H100 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 Ultimate 64bit X-STAR 27" PLS LED 1440P ASUS 25" TN LED 1080P Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA 850 G2 Corsair 780T White logitech G300 Sound Baster Z 
Other
JVC HARX700 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10612 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCk-AtTaCk View Post

1) acorrding to many they are the same panel and same bezel
2)at this point there seems to be alot of confusion on if there is glossy under the temperd glass. also there seems to be no straight up glossy anymore, so there is only matte and tempered. from what iv gathered its a very light matte coating as well.
3) i beileve they are 8bit.


1) Correct they're the exact same panels nothing else.
2) Appears BGKris found an amazon seller still selling gloss.
3) Correct they're 8 bit
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10613 of 25887
After reading half of this thread (and the other qnix thread here) I am convinced this was the right way to go. I was debating between the HP ZR2740w for $425 or the X-Star for $279 + square trade warranty for the last week. Hopefully I can track down a coupon for the warranty after x-mas to make this an even better deal. This will go nicely with u2412m that I picked up last year vs a Korean monitor. Thanks everyone for all the info on here. The monitor should be waiting for me when I get home on the 16th.
post #10614 of 25887
For anyone curious about tracking. This is how mine currently looks before delivery on the 9th.

Louisville, KY, United States 12/08/2013 4:51 P.M. Departure Scan
12/08/2013 11:56 A.M. Import Scan
12/08/2013 8:58 A.M. Arrival Scan
12/08/2013 8:15 A.M. Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / Released by Clearing Agency. Now in-transit
Anchorage, AK, United States 12/07/2013 10:45 P.M. Departure Scan
12/07/2013 9:02 P.M. Arrival Scan
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 12/08/2013 7:10 A.M. Departure Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 12/07/2013 7:42 A.M. Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / Shipment submitted to Clearing Agency, awaiting final release.
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 12/07/2013 5:32 P.M. Export Scan
12/07/2013 4:25 P.M. Arrival Scan
Seoul, Korea, Republic of 12/07/2013 4:20 P.M. Departure Scan
12/07/2013 3:06 P.M. Origin Scan
12/07/2013 10:52 A.M. Pickup Scan
Korea, Republic of 12/06/2013 2:29 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
post #10615 of 25887
Meh.. Opened the monitor to fix the pane positioning, which was a little too low. Well got that fixed and the panel is now perfectly centered, but I had hard times opening those clips on top of the monitor and broke the plastic a little which now looks a bit ugly frown.gif Oh well I guess it will do.. Maybe I'll de-bezel this one day anyway.
post #10616 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by travanx View Post

For anyone curious about tracking. This is how mine currently looks before delivery on the 9th.

Louisville, KY, United States 12/08/2013 4:51 P.M. Departure Scan
12/08/2013 11:56 A.M. Import Scan
12/08/2013 8:58 A.M. Arrival Scan
12/08/2013 8:15 A.M. Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / Released by Clearing Agency. Now in-transit
Anchorage, AK, United States 12/07/2013 10:45 P.M. Departure Scan
12/07/2013 9:02 P.M. Arrival Scan
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 12/08/2013 7:10 A.M. Departure Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 12/07/2013 7:42 A.M. Registered with Clearing Agency. Shipment release pending Clearing Agency review. / Shipment submitted to Clearing Agency, awaiting final release.
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 12/07/2013 5:32 P.M. Export Scan
12/07/2013 4:25 P.M. Arrival Scan
Seoul, Korea, Republic of 12/07/2013 4:20 P.M. Departure Scan
12/07/2013 3:06 P.M. Origin Scan
12/07/2013 10:52 A.M. Pickup Scan
Korea, Republic of 12/06/2013 2:29 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

when did you buy the monitor orgianlly?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820K ASUS X99-DELUXE Nvidia GTX 970 16GB Crucial Ballistix  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Toshiba 1TB Liteon bluray burner Corsair H100 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 Ultimate 64bit X-STAR 27" PLS LED 1440P ASUS 25" TN LED 1080P Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA 850 G2 Corsair 780T White logitech G300 Sound Baster Z 
Other
JVC HARX700 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820K ASUS X99-DELUXE Nvidia GTX 970 16GB Crucial Ballistix  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB Toshiba 1TB Liteon bluray burner Corsair H100 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 Ultimate 64bit X-STAR 27" PLS LED 1440P ASUS 25" TN LED 1080P Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA 850 G2 Corsair 780T White logitech G300 Sound Baster Z 
Other
JVC HARX700 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10617 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post

1) Correct they're the exact same panels nothing else.
2) Appears BGKris found an amazon seller still selling gloss.
3) Correct they're 8 bit

I think so! Just waiting for the comparison pictures they promised.
post #10618 of 25887
I overclocked my Qnix to 120hz earlier and it works great. I use LCD Reduced setting in CRU. Gaming is also great.

However, I have just noticed that the OC to 120hz makes my 780 Ti use 55% GPU power (with 0% GPU usage), and that a 96hz OC uses 25% power.

Is this normal? It causes my idle temperatures to be 55c which is 20c above what it is at standard 60hz.

EDIT: I run a dual monitor setup, 1x Qnix and 1x 1080p monitor.
Edited by enting - 12/8/13 at 4:34pm
post #10619 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by enting View Post

I overclocked my Qnix to 120hz earlier and it works great. I use LCD Reduced setting in CRU. Gaming is also great.

However, I have just noticed that the OC to 120hz makes my 780 Ti use 55% GPU power (with 0% GPU usage), and that a 96hz OC uses 25% power.

Is this normal? It causes my idle temperatures to be 55c which is 20c above what it is at standard 60hz.

EDIT: I run a dual monitor setup, 1x Qnix and 1x 1080p monitor.

I run AMD and have the same problem. BTW how do you get it to run LCD Reduced? I try to select that and it just saves as manual
6700K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k @ 4.7 Asus Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980 Ti SLI G.Skill 16gb DDR4 3200 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Kraken X60, Kraken G10 GPUs Windows 10 Samsung 40" JU6700 4k Curved Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic 860 Platinum Corsair Carbide 540 G600 Phillips Fidelio X1 
Audio
Creative Soundblaster X7 
  hide details  
Reply
6700K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k @ 4.7 Asus Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980 Ti SLI G.Skill 16gb DDR4 3200 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Kraken X60, Kraken G10 GPUs Windows 10 Samsung 40" JU6700 4k Curved Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic 860 Platinum Corsair Carbide 540 G600 Phillips Fidelio X1 
Audio
Creative Soundblaster X7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10620 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMG8GT View Post

I run AMD and have the same problem. BTW how do you get it to run LCD Reduced? I try to select that and it just saves as manual
I just selected LCD Reduced in 'Timings' and hit OK. To be honest, I find CRU a bit buggy and the recommended 'copy' 'paste' method has never worked for me. No idea why.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club