Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 1112

post #11111 of 25935
Have been thinking about grabbing an X-Star dp2710 matte. Thing that i'm wondering about is gaming on it with a 2GB card. I'm not expecting to max out many games @1440 with a 770 but am wondering what kind of performance can I expect? I have watched a few bench vids with the 770 @1440 and they are all over the place with results(different testers and way diff numbers)
Lrrr
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 7600k Asus Prime Z270-A EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid Corsair Vengeance Led  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB PNY Optima 240GB Toshiba 750GB 2.5 5400rpm Corsair MP500 120GB M.2 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 10 Home 64 bit Samsung U28e590d QNIX 2710 Evolution 2  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold FC750R Seasonic SS-660XP2 Corsair Air 540 White Logitech g600 White 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair MM300 Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 FiiO E18 USB DAC 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM Intel HD 3000 Samsung Western Digital 5400rpm Sata 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Blu-Ray  Coolermaster NotePal U3  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 17.3 inch 
  hide details  
Reply
Lrrr
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 7600k Asus Prime Z270-A EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid Corsair Vengeance Led  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB PNY Optima 240GB Toshiba 750GB 2.5 5400rpm Corsair MP500 120GB M.2 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 10 Home 64 bit Samsung U28e590d QNIX 2710 Evolution 2  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold FC750R Seasonic SS-660XP2 Corsair Air 540 White Logitech g600 White 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair MM300 Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 FiiO E18 USB DAC 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM Intel HD 3000 Samsung Western Digital 5400rpm Sata 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Blu-Ray  Coolermaster NotePal U3  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 17.3 inch 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11112 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

Well it's official I can't go above 60hz on my new 290x.


Either something is wrong with my new 290x or my monitor is going bad. or... Idk but I'm going insane trying to make it all work. tried running the video card at completely stock and it still screws up with anything past 60hz. Tried both dvi ports on the video card.

edit: screw up means all kinds of colors/lines etc.

What do you mean it won't work at higher frequencies? Like what on the monitor happens?
Turtle
(18 items)
 
Turtle 2017
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 7900X ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance LED Blue Samsung 960 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Custom Loop 
OSCaseAudio
Windows 10 Creators Edition Lian Li PC-08 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Turtle
(18 items)
 
Turtle 2017
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 7900X ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance LED Blue Samsung 960 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Custom Loop 
OSCaseAudio
Windows 10 Creators Edition Lian Li PC-08 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11113 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selquist979 View Post

Have been thinking about grabbing an X-Star dp2710 matte. Thing that i'm wondering about is gaming on it with a 2GB card. I'm not expecting to max out many games @1440 with a 770 but am wondering what kind of performance can I expect? I have watched a few bench vids with the 770 @1440 and they are all over the place with results(different testers and way diff numbers)

I have a 680 classified hydro copper which has similar performance to a 770 and I can run most games on high settings at 50-70fps.
Turtle
(18 items)
 
Turtle 2017
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 7900X ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance LED Blue Samsung 960 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Custom Loop 
OSCaseAudio
Windows 10 Creators Edition Lian Li PC-08 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Turtle
(18 items)
 
Turtle 2017
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 7900X ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance LED Blue Samsung 960 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Custom Loop 
OSCaseAudio
Windows 10 Creators Edition Lian Li PC-08 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11114 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

I don't I sold my 7950's to pay for this biggrin.gif

I don't think I ever had the 290x set to more than 60hz since i've been basically building a new rig lately (just got it completely finished 2 hours ago)

So maybe my 290x and my monitor just aren't cooperating? I had no issues running 110hz on my 7950's (either one)

My 290 doesn't detect it on start up, i think it had more trouble on the 13.11 beta 9.5 than beta 9.4 so i switched back. I think it's a driver issue in conjunction with the new cards, are you running windows 8.1 by any chance?
I'm back baby!!!
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 sapphire tri x r9 290 corsair ripjaws x 1600 (16gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung evo 120gb ssd seagate 1tb hdd 1tb external hdd seagate 2tb hdd 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung cd drive coolermaster vortex plus windows 7 ultimate Sony W800B (50 inch) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance k65 Corsair rm1000 Fractal Design node 605 Razer Naga left hand edition 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer kabuto creative gigaworks t40 series ii logitech g930 wireless headset Logitech wireless touchpad 
Other
Vantec 310S3 Hard drive enclosure x2 
  hide details  
Reply
I'm back baby!!!
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 sapphire tri x r9 290 corsair ripjaws x 1600 (16gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung evo 120gb ssd seagate 1tb hdd 1tb external hdd seagate 2tb hdd 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung cd drive coolermaster vortex plus windows 7 ultimate Sony W800B (50 inch) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance k65 Corsair rm1000 Fractal Design node 605 Razer Naga left hand edition 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer kabuto creative gigaworks t40 series ii logitech g930 wireless headset Logitech wireless touchpad 
Other
Vantec 310S3 Hard drive enclosure x2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11115 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboner1 View Post

My 290 doesn't detect it on start up, i think it had more trouble on the 13.11 beta 9.5 than beta 9.4 so i switched back. I think it's a driver issue in conjunction with the new cards, are you running windows 8.1 by any chance?

i am on 8.1, and I am running beta 9.5 I think. You saying that is the issue? What do you mean it doesn't "detect it" ?
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11116 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

i am on 8.1, and I am running beta 9.5 I think. You saying that is the issue? What do you mean it doesn't "detect it" ?

Same as me except you have the x. I have to right click the desktop then go screen resolution hit detect then go >advanced settings>monitor and it shows up.
I'm back baby!!!
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 sapphire tri x r9 290 corsair ripjaws x 1600 (16gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung evo 120gb ssd seagate 1tb hdd 1tb external hdd seagate 2tb hdd 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung cd drive coolermaster vortex plus windows 7 ultimate Sony W800B (50 inch) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance k65 Corsair rm1000 Fractal Design node 605 Razer Naga left hand edition 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer kabuto creative gigaworks t40 series ii logitech g930 wireless headset Logitech wireless touchpad 
Other
Vantec 310S3 Hard drive enclosure x2 
  hide details  
Reply
I'm back baby!!!
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 sapphire tri x r9 290 corsair ripjaws x 1600 (16gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung evo 120gb ssd seagate 1tb hdd 1tb external hdd seagate 2tb hdd 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung cd drive coolermaster vortex plus windows 7 ultimate Sony W800B (50 inch) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance k65 Corsair rm1000 Fractal Design node 605 Razer Naga left hand edition 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer kabuto creative gigaworks t40 series ii logitech g930 wireless headset Logitech wireless touchpad 
Other
Vantec 310S3 Hard drive enclosure x2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11117 of 25935
my custom resolution shows up in the AMD control panel but i have to select it every time i reboot. that's annoying but the real problem is when i go to play a game, i get all kinds of distortion like colored lines and it looks like i'm on an acid trip.

this doesnt happen at 60hz
Edited by HardwareDecoder - 12/15/13 at 5:12pm
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11118 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

my custom resolution shows up in the AMD control panel but i have to select it every time i reboot. that's annoying but the real problem is when i go to play a game, i get all kinds of distortion like colored lines and it looks like i'm on an acid trip.


Yeah, mine shows up in ccc as well, and i have to re select it every reboot. I spoke to that toastyx dude who created cru i think on a different website and he just said it must be a driver issue with 8.1 and the new amd drivers. Here it is actually..

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Windows-not-applying-overclock-at-startup-QNIX2710

Here's a list of what i tried to fix it, my advice would be don't waste your time and just remember to detect it yourself, it's not worth the hassle lol..

Tried re installing r9 290 bios, tried re formatting, re installed patcher countless times, tried a qnix edid i found online not sure if i installed it correctly, tried installing windows in mbr and gpt mode with uefi and without. Tried forcerefresh and similar programs, tried both bios switches on card and both dvi ports (both of which are supposedly dual dvi- gigabyte r9 290) . Tried reverting back to amd beta 13.11 beta 9.4 which it worked with previously but not anymore and tried the latest whql driver. Only thing i haven't done is revert back to windows 7 64 bit. Out of ideas.
Edited by mboner1 - 12/15/13 at 5:14pm
I'm back baby!!!
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 sapphire tri x r9 290 corsair ripjaws x 1600 (16gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung evo 120gb ssd seagate 1tb hdd 1tb external hdd seagate 2tb hdd 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung cd drive coolermaster vortex plus windows 7 ultimate Sony W800B (50 inch) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance k65 Corsair rm1000 Fractal Design node 605 Razer Naga left hand edition 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer kabuto creative gigaworks t40 series ii logitech g930 wireless headset Logitech wireless touchpad 
Other
Vantec 310S3 Hard drive enclosure x2 
  hide details  
Reply
I'm back baby!!!
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 sapphire tri x r9 290 corsair ripjaws x 1600 (16gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung evo 120gb ssd seagate 1tb hdd 1tb external hdd seagate 2tb hdd 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung cd drive coolermaster vortex plus windows 7 ultimate Sony W800B (50 inch) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance k65 Corsair rm1000 Fractal Design node 605 Razer Naga left hand edition 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer kabuto creative gigaworks t40 series ii logitech g930 wireless headset Logitech wireless touchpad 
Other
Vantec 310S3 Hard drive enclosure x2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11119 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboner1 View Post

Yeah, mine shows up in ccc as well, and i have to re select it every reboot. I spoke to that toastyx dude who created cru i think on a different website and he just said it must be a driver issue with 8.1 and the new amd drivers. Here it is actually..

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Windows-not-applying-overclock-at-startup-QNIX2710

Here's a list of what i tried to fix it, my advice would be don't waste your time and just remember to detect it yourself, it's not worth the hassle lol..

Tried re installing r9 290 bios, tried re formatting, re installed patcher countless times, tried a qnix edid i found online not sure if i installed it correctly, tried installing windows in mbr and gpt mode with uefi and without. Tried forcerefresh and similar programs, tried both bios switches on card and both dvi ports (both of which are supposedly dual dvi- gigabyte r9 290) . Tried reverting back to amd beta 13.11 beta 9.4 which it worked with previously but not anymore and tried the latest whql driver. Only thing i haven't done is revert back to windows 7 64 bit. Out of ideas.

my issue is the distrortion idc if i have to select it at boot that is a minor inconvenience.

I'm wondering if my monitor can no longer do over 60hz or if my new 500$ video card can't do over 60hz.

I'm using the same cru settings for 110hz I was on my 7950's so that should be fine.

I doubt the monitor has gone bad since ive barely used it. Sold my 7950's so I had no way of even using it till last week and i've been busy studying for school and rebuilding my rig and setting up a water loop so I haven't tried it alot till today. I played some bf4 on 60hz the other day all was fine.

i'll reinstall beta4 and try that. I think im on beta 5 but im not even sure.

so I guess all I can do is reinstall beta 4 (if i'm past that) and get my friends computer with my old 670 in it to see if that works. That way I can rule out the monitor or the video card. This sucks big time.
Edited by HardwareDecoder - 12/15/13 at 5:31pm
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11120 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

my issue is the distrortion idc if i have to select it at boot that is a minor inconvenience.

I'm wondering if my monitor can no longer do over 60hz or if my new 500$ video card can't do over 60hz.

I'm using the same cru settings for 110hz I was on my 7950's so that should be fine.

I doubt the monitor has gone bad since ive barely used it. Sold my 7950's so I had no way of even using it till last week and i've been busy studying for school and rebuilding my rig and setting up a water loop so I haven't tried it alot till today. I played some bf4 on 60hz the other day all was fine.

i'll reinstall beta4 and try that. I think im on beta 5 but im not even sure.

so I guess all I can do is reinstall beta 4 (if i'm past that) and get my friends computer with my old 670 in it to see if that works. That way I can rule out the monitor or the video card. This sucks big time.

Yeah , i would try different drivers and the big fix that would probably work would be to go back to windows 7, guess it just depends how dedicated to windows 8 you are and how much crap you would lose by doing it.
I'm back baby!!!
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 sapphire tri x r9 290 corsair ripjaws x 1600 (16gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung evo 120gb ssd seagate 1tb hdd 1tb external hdd seagate 2tb hdd 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung cd drive coolermaster vortex plus windows 7 ultimate Sony W800B (50 inch) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance k65 Corsair rm1000 Fractal Design node 605 Razer Naga left hand edition 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer kabuto creative gigaworks t40 series ii logitech g930 wireless headset Logitech wireless touchpad 
Other
Vantec 310S3 Hard drive enclosure x2 
  hide details  
Reply
I'm back baby!!!
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus sabertooth z97 mark 2 sapphire tri x r9 290 corsair ripjaws x 1600 (16gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
samsung evo 120gb ssd seagate 1tb hdd 1tb external hdd seagate 2tb hdd 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung cd drive coolermaster vortex plus windows 7 ultimate Sony W800B (50 inch) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance k65 Corsair rm1000 Fractal Design node 605 Razer Naga left hand edition 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer kabuto creative gigaworks t40 series ii logitech g930 wireless headset Logitech wireless touchpad 
Other
Vantec 310S3 Hard drive enclosure x2 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club