Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 1169

post #11681 of 25893
So I have my 3 monitors setup, and trying out Nvidia surround, but something does not seem right.

The 2 side montiors, the game looks almost zoomed in, the middle is normal, but the sides are weird.

You know what I am talking about, this can't be how multiscreen gaming is like?
post #11682 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmancreations View Post

So I have my 3 monitors setup, and trying out Nvidia surround, but something does not seem right.

The 2 side montiors, the game looks almost zoomed in, the middle is normal, but the sides are weird.

You know what I am talking about, this can't be how multiscreen gaming is like?

It actually may be determinant on the game your playing. Many games have resolution sets to work with 1080pX3 gaming and don't get the zoomed or "stretched" look you are seeing. Especially older games generally don't have these very high resolutions and sort of compensate to get the 1440pX3 to work. This is apparent when some members have tried gaming in 4K and have had less than desirable results.

I would try a few other games and see how it looks. If you get mixed results where some games look good and others are crappy it is likely the game is not supporting the very high resolution you have properly. If they all look bad than you might try border correction/manually entering the resolution in the games config files. Also if the resolution didn't take overall properly then you should see some of the effects on the desktop, if you don't it could be another indication that the game is badly rendering that massive pixel texture size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardrock View Post

Cool, maybe it was a capacitor on the PCB charging. Overloard computers sells the overclockable PCB for that monitor but its $ 200. If you find a monitor on Ebay with a cracked screen or something you can get it cheap and swap out the PCB's, just a thought,

www.emaxeon.com same thing cheaper.
Edited by Spartan F8 - 12/25/13 at 12:48pm
post #11683 of 25893
So now even on 60hz my video playback I get small dots flickering across screen unless I force my memory on 1500mhz and core on 500mhz
Edited by DiceAir - 12/25/13 at 1:57pm
Main Gaming RIG
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS VII Ranger Galax hof gtx 980 ti 16GB 1600mhz adata ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB SSD Samsung 840 evo 1TB WD blue Liteon 256GB SSD Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PG279Q Cooler master Quickfire XT Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air carbide 540 Steelseries Ikari Laser Steelsereies QCK+ sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Gaming RIG
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS VII Ranger Galax hof gtx 980 ti 16GB 1600mhz adata ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB SSD Samsung 840 evo 1TB WD blue Liteon 256GB SSD Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PG279Q Cooler master Quickfire XT Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air carbide 540 Steelseries Ikari Laser Steelsereies QCK+ sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11684 of 25893
Did anyone see my post a few pages back regarding mounting these in portrait mode? The VESA mounting holes while centered horizontally aren't centered vertically. The holes are a good couple of inches off center so if you were to flip the monitor vertically the bracket wouldn't be directly in the center. Anyone have theirs mounted vertically? Does that cause an issue? I'd imagine if you only have one it wouldn't but I'm hoping someone here has a triple setup like I'm planning and could tell me there's experiences with it and/or what VESA mount they used to accomplish this task.
post #11685 of 25893
Three of these things just sounds like more trouble that it's really worth.
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11686 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyvillain View Post

Three of these things just sounds like more trouble that it's really worth.

Do you say that because of my post or for some other reason? I ask because I love my monitor.
post #11687 of 25893
Do these look good in an eyefinity setup?
post #11688 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

It actually may be determinant on the game your playing. Many games have resolution sets to work with 1080pX3 gaming and don't get the zoomed or "stretched" look you are seeing. Especially older games generally don't have these very high resolutions and sort of compensate to get the 1440pX3 to work. This is apparent when some members have tried gaming in 4K and have had less than desirable results.

I would try a few other games and see how it looks. If you get mixed results where some games look good and others are crappy it is likely the game is not supporting the very high resolution you have properly. If they all look bad than you might try border correction/manually entering the resolution in the games config files. Also if the resolution didn't take overall properly then you should see some of the effects on the desktop, if you don't it could be another indication that the game is badly rendering that massive pixel texture size.
www.emaxeon.com same thing cheaper.

I have tried Bioshock Infinite, and Guild Wars 2, both very new games. They both are selected as the correct resolution, so I don't believe it's the games. As I said, it's not the entire game that looks streched/zoomed, the middle screen is 100% normal. Though, what else could cause this, if not the game? And, the desktop is fine, all screens look great.

I think it might be Nvidfia Surround, as I just tried again, Guild Wars 2 looked normal, Bioshock Infinite still looks odd. It's almost random. Plus it messes with my desktop setup, and Display Fusion....so I dont even know if I am going to bother gaming on three. Since even with my high end system (and I do have a 780TI) I can't play at that res at full specs ;(

It's sad.
Edited by bmancreations - 12/25/13 at 5:20pm
post #11689 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by APhamX View Post

Do these look good in an eyefinity setup?

I can't imagine a reason they wouldn't. One panel looks gorgeous so just imagine 3 of them! Takes quite a bit of GPU power to push that kind of setup though. Thankfully I have such a setup wasting away on one panel.
post #11690 of 25893
I managed to get my QX2710 to 120 hz with LCD reduced, but with a pixel clock of 469.20 MHz. Is it really safe to run it this high? I thought I heard somewhere that the PCB is rated up to a maximum of 450 MHz or something.

I don't have any artifacts that I can notice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club