Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 1172

post #11711 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by taafe View Post

Ive just ordered a qnix how do I know if mine will overclock? Whats a scaler? How do I know if the monitor thats being shipped will overclock? I just thought all qnix monitors oc??

The OP has the exact model number of monitor that will overclock. A monitor scaler is exactly what it sounds like, a piece of hardware that captures the data input in mid stream to "scale" it properly to the monitor's aspect ratio/pixel size. You will know if the monitor you purchased will overclock if you paid attention to the information regarding what monitor model will overclock compared to the monitor you bought. If you just "thought" all Qnix monitors overclocked then you did not do proper research on the product you just bought.

like the9quad said if it ONLY has a DVI connector chances are it will overclock, however i think many of these questions are better asked before purchasing(any item really). I think many people can buy this monitor and even with no knowledge of monitor overclocking can get on this thread and get enough help to get them on their 96-120hz merry way, but you must at least make sure you are buying the right panel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboner1 View Post

Mine didn't downclock either, but if i select automatic lcd standard instead of manual in cru it does downclock at idle. Worth a shot.

Not using standard monitor timings can cause your graphics interface from downclocking. You can also get this when using multiple monitors, a ultra high resolution(or downsampling), etc. This will not damage your GPU but may cause it to run a bit hotter. Their is a good deal of chat about this very topic in ToastyX's forum that includes some tricks to keep reduced timings but allow the graphics unit to idle down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caenlen View Post

I am hacing trouble with Nvidia custom resolution, fullscreen games that were 102hz now are limited to 60, even though nothing has changed and my desktop is still 102hz.

Nvidia has trouble sometimes forcing the monitor OC in game, any fix to this? I really want to avoid CRU if possible, it messed up my monitor last time I tried it.

There is an nvidia 3D setting called "preferred refresh" that can be set to highest available that will force games to use the highest refresh rate in the EDID however i don't believe this option shows up unless you have a 120hz native resolution option in the EDID(which requires CRU). You could try manually setting the overclocked refresh in the games config file(which some games require if they are older anyway). lastly you can use nvidia inspector to force most games to a certain refresh.
Edited by Spartan F8 - 12/26/13 at 8:14am
post #11712 of 25922
So two weird things about my new Qnix Multi Input version.

1. After my system goes to sleep, when it turns back on, wakes up, any windows I left over there, have been moved to my other monitors. Uh what?
2. That high pitch noise I was talking about (someone said maybe PCB was getting ready) seems to come back temporarily.

Not major issues, but those on-top of it not overclocking, and having the worst backlight bleed so far, I am not happy. (I have two XStars, no problems). Yes, I can fix the BLB, and I knew it would 99% not overlcock, but still. I wish a single GPU had three Dual Link DVIs frown.gif
post #11713 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboner1 View Post

Mine didn't downclock either, but if i select automatic lcd standard instead of manual in cru it does downclock at idle. Worth a shot.

that worked +rep
post #11714 of 25922
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedro View Post

Does anybody know the official website of QNIX?

In the OP, under "Relevant manufacturer and discussion/information links (Click to show)" there lies the link for "Qnix Manufacturer website"


Quote:
Originally Posted by bmancreations View Post

Seems to have fixed itself, just took 5 minutes and it went away.

Though, I can confirm that the Multi Input version does not overclock. I guess I will be wasting my other 96hz monitors when gaming frown.gif

I will add this information to the FAQ section in the OP.
Edited by wntrsnowg - 12/26/13 at 10:47am
Always Tinkering
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 4790k MSI Z97-G55 SLI XFX R9 290 Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2 x 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 7200RPM 1.5TB Noctua nh-d14 Zalman lq-310 (for GPU) sunbeamtech rheosmart 6 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 ult 64bit Gateway 24" 1080p Korean QNIX 27" 1440p Corsair K65 RGB 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-1050XM Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
Always Tinkering
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 4790k MSI Z97-G55 SLI XFX R9 290 Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2 x 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 7200RPM 1.5TB Noctua nh-d14 Zalman lq-310 (for GPU) sunbeamtech rheosmart 6 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 ult 64bit Gateway 24" 1080p Korean QNIX 27" 1440p Corsair K65 RGB 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-1050XM Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11715 of 25922
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmancreations View Post

So two weird things about my new Qnix Multi Input version.

1. After my system goes to sleep, when it turns back on, wakes up, any windows I left over there, have been moved to my other monitors. Uh what?
2. That high pitch noise I was talking about (someone said maybe PCB was getting ready) seems to come back temporarily.

Not major issues, but those on-top of it not overclocking, and having the worst backlight bleed so far, I am not happy. (I have two XStars, no problems). Yes, I can fix the BLB, and I knew it would 99% not overlcock, but still. I wish a single GPU had three Dual Link DVIs frown.gif

1. If your computer runs on an SSD, "sleep" and "hibernate" are useless. Just turn your comp on/off completely and it will be as fast as sleep/hibernate. Also, sometimes with ssds, sleep/hibernate have unforeseen side effects on them. If you dont run on an ssd, idk lol. tongue.gif

2. Maybe coil whine, as mentioned previously.

Even connecting the multi-input monitor via dual-link DVI will not result in it being able to overclock. Multi-input monitors cannot overclock, period. It is due to their PCB design.
Always Tinkering
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 4790k MSI Z97-G55 SLI XFX R9 290 Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2 x 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 7200RPM 1.5TB Noctua nh-d14 Zalman lq-310 (for GPU) sunbeamtech rheosmart 6 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 ult 64bit Gateway 24" 1080p Korean QNIX 27" 1440p Corsair K65 RGB 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-1050XM Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
Always Tinkering
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 4790k MSI Z97-G55 SLI XFX R9 290 Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2 x 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 7200RPM 1.5TB Noctua nh-d14 Zalman lq-310 (for GPU) sunbeamtech rheosmart 6 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 ult 64bit Gateway 24" 1080p Korean QNIX 27" 1440p Corsair K65 RGB 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-1050XM Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11716 of 25922
I'm using custom timings for 110hz that i've posted here plenty of times and my memory still doesn't downclock.... Whats up with that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboner1 View Post

Mine didn't downclock either, but if i select automatic lcd standard instead of manual in cru it does downclock at idle. Worth a shot.

can't use standard because the pixel clock is too high for 110hz I think? I'll try again later I guess.

I'm also ordering a 3ft dvi cable from monoprice cause I want to see if it fixes my issue of not being able to overclock my video card fully when running my monitor @ 110hz.

Someone else has the same problem as me and I'm wondering if a shorter wire might help. At any rate I think a 3ft wire might let me get that last 10hz
Edited by HardwareDecoder - 12/26/13 at 12:08pm
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11717 of 25922
Here are a few problems iv come across using the screen overclocked.

In power settings turning the screen off with the PC it wont turn back on until PC is restarted.
ULPS crashes windows.
GPU doesnt overclock as high.
GPU doesnt downclock fully only to 925mhz from 1ghz instead of the 500mhz.
When running dual screen it will only run at 60hz.
post #11718 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgjet View Post

Here are a few problems iv come across using the screen overclocked.

In power settings turning the screen off with the PC it wont turn back on until PC is restarted.
ULPS crashes windows.
GPU doesnt overclock as high.
GPU doesnt downclock fully only to 925mhz from 1ghz instead of the 500mhz.
When running dual screen it will only run at 60hz.

1. Use a black screensaver and/or use a screen saver that changes the refresh back to 60hz thus eliminating this issue
2. ULPS is for money saving not overclocking
3. Can be true especially with AMD but you will have to gauge the trade-off or get a better GPU(you are only going to loose 2-4% anyways)
4. Not idling can be caused by non standard timings and can also be caused by having multiple monitors connected. I would check both of these.
5. Actually when running dual screen you should still be able to run higher than 60hz if it is entered into the EDID(CRU). If you are basing this off of tests(UFO test, refreshrate multitool) then you are likely still running higher than 60hz the tests just don't run accurately with multiple monitors active.
post #11719 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

1. Use a black screensaver and/or use a screen saver that changes the refresh back to 60hz thus eliminating this issue
2. ULPS is for money saving not overclocking
3. Can be true especially with AMD but you will have to gauge the trade-off or get a better GPU(you are only going to loose 2-4% anyways)
4. Not idling can be caused by non standard timings and can also be caused by having multiple monitors connected. I would check both of these.
5. Actually when running dual screen you should still be able to run higher than 60hz if it is entered into the EDID(CRU). If you are basing this off of tests(UFO test, refreshrate multitool) then you are likely still running higher than 60hz the tests just don't run accurately with multiple monitors active.

I am wondering that also, so if I connect a secondary monitor to the same gpu (or even my mobo integrated) I should still be running 110hz on my qnix for gaming? Like bf4 will let you select your timings such as 60hz or 110hz even. I want to run a second monitor that just shows the map all the time.

Anyway to know for sure that the qnix is still doing over 60?
Edited by HardwareDecoder - 12/26/13 at 2:28pm
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11720 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

I am wondering that also, so if I connect a secondary monitor to the same gpu (or even my mobo integrated) I should still be running 110hz on my qnix for gaming? Like bf4 will let you select your timings such as 60hz or 110hz even. I want to run a second monitor that just shows the map all the time.

Anyway to know for sure that the qnix is still doing over 60?




As soon as I plug the second screen in it drops to 60hz.
You can tell because the colour changes and everything reports it as 60hz. And lose the option to select any higher.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club