Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 1302

post #13011 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyekid217 View Post

thanks I think I will since I'm not rreally losing out on anything. I've never experienced anything over 60hz other than the Hobbit movies lol and those were just awesome.

I think it'll be worth it just for the snappier mouse movement

Good for you mate...and welcome to the club thumb.gif
Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13012 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteoman View Post

I just discovered something interesting. I have overclocked to 96hz within control panel, no issue. Confirmed OC on website. Locked vsync in Nvidea control panel and tested some games. They are all stopping at 60fps, like the games don't see the OC. The gamma changes as expected with the OC. The OC is confirmed on the frameskipping website at 96hz. When I take off vsync the games FPS soar as expected, but for some reason the games are still seeing the max refresh rate of 60.

????? What did I do wrong? I'm running 2 GTX 770s in SLI with SLI appropriately set in the Nvidea control panel. I am running the latest Nvidea beta drivers that just came out within the last few days.

I just reread this and you say you are using SLI...for SLI you need to use the full Nvidia patch before using CRU...did you do this?...if you did not over and above the nvidIa experience problem this is also another major reason why its not working.
Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13013 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson67 View Post

You may also find once you uninstall Nvidia experience you will need to delete your resolutions and recreate them and then reboot again...try it out first without doing that and if same result do what i just said to do...

Will do when I get back to the house. Thanks Lawson for all your help. I'll post when done to confirm that was it for future reference
post #13014 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson67 View Post

I don't mind the bezel at all...its not ugly its gloss black with Qnix written on the bottom of it....i would NOT want to remove it because of backlight bleed like some have done to take the pressure of the bent frame and leve it off...god NOO!...not for me...i would sooner take the frame out and straighten it so i could have the bezel on and have it looking like a cool monitor....

Also i don't mind the stand at all...infact i bought a new VESA stand for it before it arrived at my house from Korea because everyone was saying before i got it how bad the stand was...however i removed the stand it came with and tried on my new VESA stand....just cos i bought it relly i thought i should fit it....but i took it back off again and put back on the stand it came with it...
I did not like my VESA stand becaurse it made my monitor to high up....the standard one i think is fine...there are 2 philps screws holding it in place inside the casing...remove the bezel pop up the monitor frame and tighten them up...that fixed any movement i had in my stand...plus i think the stand it comes with also looks nice biggrin.gif

Thanks for your advice buddy! I'm basically stuck between a Qnix and one of these: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-aoc-q2770pqu-ips-quad-hd-2560x1440-hdmi-dvi-vga-dp-usb-80m1-300cd-2-5ms

I have real trouble dealing with the potential issues i might encounter and basically no warranty. But the 96hz~ just won't get out of my mind! tell me, is it that noticeable?
post #13015 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider7p View Post

Thanks for your advice buddy! I'm basically stuck between a Qnix and one of these: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-aoc-q2770pqu-ips-quad-hd-2560x1440-hdmi-dvi-vga-dp-usb-80m1-300cd-2-5ms

I have real trouble dealing with the potential issues i might encounter and basically no warranty. But the 96hz~ just won't get out of my mind! tell me, is it that noticeable?

No way. AOC is a terrible brand.
post #13016 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider7p View Post

Thanks for your advice buddy! I'm basically stuck between a Qnix and one of these: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-aoc-q2770pqu-ips-quad-hd-2560x1440-hdmi-dvi-vga-dp-usb-80m1-300cd-2-5ms

I have real trouble dealing with the potential issues i might encounter and basically no warranty. But the 96hz~ just won't get out of my mind! tell me, is it that noticeable?

I can not tell you what to do....i can only tell you what i would do.....looking at the spec on the other one it its an IPS screen so same beautiful colours we have with the PLS screen...its Response Time: 5 ms....the Qnix is 6ms....not enough difference to be noticeable....that screen has 1 x D-Sub, 1 x DisplayPort, 1 x DVI-D In....so it has a scaler and will only EVER run at 60hz....we only have one input being a DVI-D we have NO scaler but we dont care ....we know we can only hook up to a computer we can NOT use our xbox with our Qnix screen or anything other that our computer...but we still dont care...because we dont want to or need to plug anything else in it other than our computers...also we know we can overclock it...we know we can hit 96hz at the very least...but most can easily hits 120hz...dam mine hits 130hz..and i have not even tried any higher!

To me its no contest i want a 96hz - 120hz PLS monitor only to use on my destop pc...i will be getting it over £100 cheaper than that one..plus i know if i pay jsut a little extra i will get a pixel perfect one...or Ebay will be on my side and i can return it and have a full refund..i will never be losing out on this deal...for me especially i would not care about the backlight bleed because i know i could easily fix that in 40 mins....in fact i would expect to have backlight bleeding i am buying a A- Grade screen....but that's why its cheap...however i know that once i fix that backlight bleed which i will do i will have a A+ grade monitor with a fanstastic screen...which is now the same quality of any Apple Cinema screen and yet infact...mine is even better than there's because there's can NEVER overclock...Mine can and looks as good if not better than theres...make no mistake this is a high quality great screen its colour temperature out of the box is a near perfect 6551k at 60hz .

To me there is no contest i would buy the Qnix every single time...and once you have had a 96hz-120hz monitor you would never go back!

Edit: that monitor is £398.72 Inc VAT...you could nearly buy 2 Qnix monitors for the price of one of them!....no contest!...also don't worry about there great selling point of "you even get 2 USB ports in the back of the monitor"...yeah for £10 i have a 4 port USB 3 hub double-sided taped on the back of my Qnix smile.gif
Edited by lawson67 - 2/1/14 at 7:48pm
Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13017 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson67 View Post

I just reread this and you say you are using SLI...for SLI you need to use the full Nvidia patch before using CRU...did you do this?...if you did not over and above the nvidIa experience problem this is also another major reason why its not working.


Yes sir, I ran the patch right after I downloaded the newest drivers exactly per the instructions.
post #13018 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteoman View Post

Yes sir, I ran the patch right after I downloaded the newest drivers exactly per the instructions.

Ok i know its hard to do because i loved the way Nvidia experience set up my games also...but it has got to go!....Then do what we have already talked about and let me know what happens...however i might not read that untill tommorow now becaurse its 3.00am in the UK now...and my bed is calling me and my girfriend hates me becourse i have not paied her enough attention tonight tongue.gif
Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13019 of 25887
14.1 mantle driver doesnt work with the patcher.
Can some body let toastyX know.
post #13020 of 25887
Ordered the Qnix tonight with matte finish wish me luck!!
Primo
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-7700k Asus Maximus Hero ix Evga GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 G-Skill F-43200C15D-16GTZKW 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Evo Corsair Neutron  Ek Supremacy CSQ clean OCOOL 360mm radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
OCOOL 360mm radiator Ek -FC1080 GTX  Windows 10 CM Storm 
PowerCaseMouse
Evga 750 watt Phanteks Enthoo Primo Roccat Kone Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
Primo
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-7700k Asus Maximus Hero ix Evga GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 G-Skill F-43200C15D-16GTZKW 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Evo Corsair Neutron  Ek Supremacy CSQ clean OCOOL 360mm radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
OCOOL 360mm radiator Ek -FC1080 GTX  Windows 10 CM Storm 
PowerCaseMouse
Evga 750 watt Phanteks Enthoo Primo Roccat Kone Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club