Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 136

post #1351 of 25862
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralReaper View Post

27" QNIX QX2710 Evolution 2 ll 2560x1440 Matte Screen WQHD Samsung PLS Monitor
or
X-STAR DP2710 LED 27" Matte Screen QHD PLS Computer Monitor 2560x1440 DVI-D

Two questions. Which has better 120hz chance? USA has no import fees correct?

Sorry if this has been covered before. I'm just ecstatic as I thought all the 1440p monitors were higher priced now and unoverclockable. I might buy two and use a active dp adapter.

Id go with the x-star. I dont like the brand name, i think its cheap. But purely hardware, it is cheaper than the qnix you linked and the x-star description says it is a 0-2 pixel defect. can't go wrong with that. plus hulustar is a great seller thumb.gif
Always Tinkering
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 4790k MSI Z97-G55 SLI XFX R9 290 Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2 x 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 7200RPM 1.5TB Noctua nh-d14 Zalman lq-310 (for GPU) sunbeamtech rheosmart 6 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 ult 64bit Gateway 24" 1080p Korean QNIX 27" 1440p Corsair K65 RGB 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-1050XM Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
Always Tinkering
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 4790k MSI Z97-G55 SLI XFX R9 290 Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2 x 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 7200RPM 1.5TB Noctua nh-d14 Zalman lq-310 (for GPU) sunbeamtech rheosmart 6 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 ult 64bit Gateway 24" 1080p Korean QNIX 27" 1440p Corsair K65 RGB 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-1050XM Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1352 of 25862
Quote:
Originally Posted by wntrsnowg View Post

Id go with the x-star. I dont like the brand name, i think its cheap. But purely hardware, it is cheaper than the qnix you linked and the x-star description says it is a 0-2 pixel defect. can't go wrong with that. plus hulustar is a great seller thumb.gif

I was thinking that too but the Qnix is a 6ms response time and the X-star is a 8ms response time. I'm not sure if I would even notice it but I'm asking because my current monitor has a 2ms response rate and I want to use this monitor for fps games like css and bf3.

I also need to figure out if I should get a squaretrade warranty.

Alright guys. I'm going with the X-star. Will report back when it gets here. Ordering tomorrow.
Edited by AstralReaper - 5/15/13 at 10:34pm
post #1353 of 25862
Hey everyone! I received my Qnix monitor recently and love the image quality so far coming from a TN panel. Here are the only two problems so far for me:

- A dead pixel near the center of my screen (the are a couple others but this is the only one I notice).
- Backlight bleeding as covered in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry5HGP3SChI&feature=youtu.be


The video above already has the tape fix installed. Is it severe enough to warrant a complaint? Other than that, I have it OCed at 96Hz no problem and should be able to go to 120Hz with some tweaking.
post #1354 of 25862
Well i have tested the heck out of my monoprice cables. More specifically the good one i got. I have got up to 152Hz without seeing any actual artifacts. The problem is panel uniformity at that refresh rate. At 120hz i get a slight bit of of darkness in the top right hand corner of the screen which is not even close to noticeable unless i stare at it with a completely white screen. Higher i really start to get some darkness over there and with like blue or grey i get some scan lines just over 135hz. At 152hz blue or greyish i get a little bit of scan line like artifacts. Tinkering with the settings to get that high did help as i found better settings for being at 120hz. The fact of the matter is for all you guys at 120hz still having a little bit of issues you might try going higher and just try and keep it stable and then keep those settings and go back to 120hz.

I can tell you 120hz to 142 is practically indistinguishable where 120 to 152 there is a slight noticeable difference to me when swinging windows around and also when playing videos with madvr smooth motion on. I can also tell you that after using the monoprice cable my brightness at 120hz is a lot better and is almost comparable to my crossover blade(rendering the blade completely obsolete to me)

The one thing i have not tested is the burn-in effect at those higher refresh rates and for obvious reasons. I would advise most of us over 100hz to set a nice short screensaver timeout.
post #1355 of 25862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

Well i have tested the heck out of my monoprice cables. More specifically the good one i got. I have got up to 152Hz without seeing any actual artifacts. The problem is panel uniformity at that refresh rate. At 120hz i get a slight bit of of darkness in the top right hand corner of the screen which is not even close to noticeable unless i stare at it with a completely white screen. Higher i really start to get some darkness over there and with like blue or grey i get some scan lines just over 135hz. At 152hz blue or greyish i get a little bit of scan line like artifacts. Tinkering with the settings to get that high did help as i found better settings for being at 120hz. The fact of the matter is for all you guys at 120hz still having a little bit of issues you might try going higher and just try and keep it stable and then keep those settings and go back to 120hz.

I can tell you 120hz to 142 is practically indistinguishable where 120 to 152 there is a slight noticeable difference to me when swinging windows around and also when playing videos with madvr smooth motion on. I can also tell you that after using the monoprice cable my brightness at 120hz is a lot better and is almost comparable to my crossover blade(rendering the blade completely obsolete to me)

The one thing i have not tested is the burn-in effect at those higher refresh rates and for obvious reasons. I would advise most of us over 100hz to set a nice short screensaver timeout.

How many cables did you get and which ones were they? Did the monoprice cables give you better results than the stock dual link dvi the ebay sellers gave you?
post #1356 of 25862
so if I plan to game, which one should I get out of the LPS? I'm convinced to buyit within this week before the price hikes
New Lamesauss
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3 2100 MSI H61M-P23 Asus GTX 460 768mb G.Skill Snipers 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Samsung 840 Pro 128gb Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Asus VE436H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M OCZ 600w Stealthxstream Lian Li K58 Razer Deathadder Black Edition 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries Mini Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
New Lamesauss
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3 2100 MSI H61M-P23 Asus GTX 460 768mb G.Skill Snipers 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Samsung 840 Pro 128gb Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Asus VE436H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M OCZ 600w Stealthxstream Lian Li K58 Razer Deathadder Black Edition 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries Mini Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1357 of 25862
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfrenzi View Post

so if I plan to game, which one should I get out of the LPS? I'm convinced to buyit within this week before the price hikes

I picked the x-star as it was cheaper but the Qnix was a 6ms panel vs 8ms on teh x-star, so it is close. Both should be amazing at gaming if they overclock right. But I'm buying now before the prices go up because last time I waited and it climbed so so high.
post #1358 of 25862
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralReaper View Post

I was thinking that too but the Qnix is a 6ms response time and the X-star is a 8ms response time. I'm not sure if I would even notice it but I'm asking because my current monitor has a 2ms response rate and I want to use this monitor for fps games like css and bf3.

I also need to figure out if I should get a squaretrade warranty.

Alright guys. I'm going with the X-star. Will report back when it gets here. Ordering tomorrow.

As mspamed has said earlier. He bought the X-Star and got the manual which says 6-ms. You can find the picture in his review i believe.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H MSI 7850 Power Edition XFX 7850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance Dual C Samsung 830 Western Digital Black Cavier Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Pro X-Star DP2710 Matte @96Hz Samsung SyncMaster 226BW Sony Bravia 37' TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logtitech G15 Corsair HX Series 750 Watt Modular Power Supply Fractal Design R4 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mantis Speed Logitech G35 Logitech Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H MSI 7850 Power Edition XFX 7850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance Dual C Samsung 830 Western Digital Black Cavier Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Pro X-Star DP2710 Matte @96Hz Samsung SyncMaster 226BW Sony Bravia 37' TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logtitech G15 Corsair HX Series 750 Watt Modular Power Supply Fractal Design R4 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mantis Speed Logitech G35 Logitech Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1359 of 25862
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralReaper View Post

I picked the x-star as it was cheaper but the Qnix was a 6ms panel vs 8ms on teh x-star, so it is close. Both should be amazing at gaming if they overclock right. But I'm buying now before the prices go up because last time I waited and it climbed so so high.

I'm assuming the input lag is the same for both? I would think the 2ms difference makes no difference, but I would get whichever one has better build quality
New Lamesauss
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3 2100 MSI H61M-P23 Asus GTX 460 768mb G.Skill Snipers 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Samsung 840 Pro 128gb Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Asus VE436H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M OCZ 600w Stealthxstream Lian Li K58 Razer Deathadder Black Edition 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries Mini Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
New Lamesauss
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3 2100 MSI H61M-P23 Asus GTX 460 768mb G.Skill Snipers 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Samsung 840 Pro 128gb Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Asus VE436H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M OCZ 600w Stealthxstream Lian Li K58 Razer Deathadder Black Edition 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries Mini Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1360 of 25862
I just cant quite get a clean 120hz, its very close and I only occasionally can see a line out.

1. LCD Reduced
2. Alternate DVI
3. Reduce DVI frequency
4. 3 different DVI-D cables...

Any other tips??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club