Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 1430

post #14291 of 25935
Cheers Bones ! biggrin.gif

I'm sure everything's fine with the order and the weekend probably hasn't helped, but thanks for your response (that's just what I was after).

Regarding your counter offer, they are used to haggling in the far east and in some cases hold you in lower respect if you don't !!!

I was out in Viet-nam in 2012 and remember getting a somewhat confused look when I handed over my Dong (that's Vietnamese currency by the way !) without haggling. Everything is so dirt cheap out there compared with the west and especially "Rip-off Britain" that every expenditure just seemed like pocket change. Me and a mate ran up a bar bill of 1.5 million on the first night ! That equated to about £50 GBP and my mate was on Johnny Walker Black Label all night !

Just a totally different world !
post #14292 of 25935
Anyone buy from storewithstory on eBay? How was your experience?

thanks
post #14293 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Steve View Post

Cheers Bones ! biggrin.gif

I'm sure everything's fine with the order and the weekend probably hasn't helped, but thanks for your response (that's just what I was after).

Regarding your counter offer, they are used to haggling in the far east and in some cases hold you in lower respect if you don't !!!

I was out in Viet-nam in 2012 and remember getting a somewhat confused look when I handed over my Dong (that's Vietnamese currency by the way !) without haggling. Everything is so dirt cheap out there compared with the west and especially "Rip-off Britain" that every expenditure just seemed like pocket change. Me and a mate ran up a bar bill of 1.5 million on the first night ! That equated to about £50 GBP and my mate was on Johnny Walker Black Label all night !

Just a totally different world !

Sounds interesting. I'll have to go check it out sometime.
post #14294 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedranius View Post

Tnx for replying.

Was thinking, what if I see that I don't like how my PC copes with 1440 in games like BF4, could I choose to play these games @1080p on that monitor? What would be the feeling and resolution then? biggrin.gif
If not, I still have my 1680x1050 @60Hz monitor tongue.gif

Still, It's time to get a new GPU... Eh...

But for every day usage, I think I'll enjoy this monitor. smile.gif And I hope that I won't have any other technical problems with it...

yea you can just play at a lower res and let your video card scale it up to fit the monitor. just play around with your settings till it feels good.
ROG - D-Frame
(26 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Maximus VI Extreme Asus GTX 780 DCII Gskill Trident 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston v300 Caviar Black Asus External Slim Blu Ray Drive Corsair AF120 Performance Edition 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK XTX CoolStream 480 RAD EK M6E Nickel Motherboard Block EK DDC X-Res 140 w/ 3.25 DDC Pump EK Asus GTX780 DCII GPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
PrimoChill 1/2" Rigid Acrylic Tube - Red PrimoChill Ghost Compression Fittings - Ano Black Corsair SP120 PWM Performance Edition Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
X-Star 1440p 27" IPS Display Logitech G710+ EVGA Supernova NEX 1500 In-Win D-Frame 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G602 Corsair Vengeance MM200 Asus Xonar Phoebus Custom CNC Case Riser / Radiator Housing 
OtherOther
Pioneer SP-PK22BS & SW-8MK2 5.2 Channel Speakers Sony STR-DH550 5.2 Channel A/V Receiver  
  hide details  
Reply
ROG - D-Frame
(26 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Maximus VI Extreme Asus GTX 780 DCII Gskill Trident 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston v300 Caviar Black Asus External Slim Blu Ray Drive Corsair AF120 Performance Edition 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK XTX CoolStream 480 RAD EK M6E Nickel Motherboard Block EK DDC X-Res 140 w/ 3.25 DDC Pump EK Asus GTX780 DCII GPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
PrimoChill 1/2" Rigid Acrylic Tube - Red PrimoChill Ghost Compression Fittings - Ano Black Corsair SP120 PWM Performance Edition Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
X-Star 1440p 27" IPS Display Logitech G710+ EVGA Supernova NEX 1500 In-Win D-Frame 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G602 Corsair Vengeance MM200 Asus Xonar Phoebus Custom CNC Case Riser / Radiator Housing 
OtherOther
Pioneer SP-PK22BS & SW-8MK2 5.2 Channel Speakers Sony STR-DH550 5.2 Channel A/V Receiver  
  hide details  
Reply
post #14295 of 25935
i have a small problem that i hope you would help me with
i overclocked my qnix to 120hz
and it runs just fine
but when i enable crossfire and start any game
lines would appear all over the screen and it becomes impossible to play
i have two r9 280x
my driver is 13.12
what is the problem?
post #14296 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABO-YASER View Post

i have a small problem that i hope you would help me with
i overclocked my qnix to 120hz
and it runs just fine
but when i enable crossfire and start any game
lines would appear all over the screen and it becomes impossible to play
i have two r9 280x
my driver is 13.12
what is the problem?
Use two CrossFire bridges.
post #14297 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasamoka View Post

Use two CrossFire bridges.

i already use 2 crossfire bridges
but to tell you the truth i checked them
i found that one of them was not pluged completely
so i fixed it and now it works just fine
thank you smile.gif
post #14298 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Steve View Post

As they even make a good job of looking like the Apple Cinema / iMac. However I've read that the backlight is super bright and cannot be controlled. The only way is to use the brightness control (which doesn't actually dim the backlight but causes havoc with your contrast and crushes the blacks horribly).

A real shame mad.gif
The Qnix / X-Star does have backlight control. Only select few models, mainly the Achieva range and the Monoprice displays (older models, newer models with both brands might have fixed the issue), don't.
post #14299 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJonez View Post

yea you can just play at a lower res and let your video card scale it up to fit the monitor. just play around with your settings till it feels good.
Oh, good to know smile.gif Tnx! smile.gif
post #14300 of 25935
Hey guys! Just got done mounting my center speaker to the bottom of my Qnix 2710! Not only is it seamless and low profile to the monitor I have zero loss to the sound from its positioning and it looks great! Here's a pic of my setup and monitor! Figure i can show off the goods. wink.gif

So I had SO MUCH fun opening this thing up and tinkering with it for it to work that I'm seriously considering buying another one or two of these bad boys to repair and fix up to resell with the proper software links in an email so people can just plug em right in and get to playing! What do you guys think? Nay? Yay?

P.S. I was able to successfully OC my monitor to 120hz (Luck of the draw) and get ZERO black light bleed from my monitor with a bit of the ol' tape fix and some well placed "crimping"!







EDIT: On second thought I wouldn't include the software in the monitors package but would provide links, information and assistance in emails and chat.
Edited by autobtsrllout - 2/23/14 at 8:58pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club