Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 1456

post #14551 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by passinos View Post

Yes, it seems to work fine. Nice idea.
Except BF4 will be at 45 FPS without CF.

Maybe I can get a cheap DP to DL-DVI converter until I get new GPUs.
I suppose that when gaming, you'd be fine with the second monitor off. So you'd turn CrossFire on again.

The DP to DL-DVI adapter might be a good idea but it'll have to be active.

Nvidia allows monitors to be connected across multiple cards, but I have no idea about the dynamics of it. What monitors get turned off, what monitors stay on, do they have to be part of triple surround, etc... I'm sure an Nvidia owner could chime in and tell us.

With Nvidia & AMD passing frames over the PCI Express bus for multi-monitor, multi-GPU scenarios, it's now simpler to connect monitors across displays and I hope AMD get around to allowing that with CrossFire. That, and CrossFire support in Windowed mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson67 View Post

I can not answer why you should send it back!.....however what i can say is the i would of exercised my right to send it back...its the very reason i paid extra for NO dead pixels
I agree with you, however it was quite difficult to get a friend with a PayPal account to pay for the monitor, and I paid $70 here to get the monitor. To send it back would cost me too much extra time, effort, and money that it wasn't worth it for the blue pixel. Wouldn't upset me as I got an otherwise amazing panel and I wouldn't want to get rid of a single stuck blue pixel and get a worse sample, and possibly more defective pixels. There's no way to get a Perfect Pixel monitor for sure, so that's the best I could do.
Edited by yasamoka - 3/3/14 at 9:27am
post #14552 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson67 View Post

The seller would not be able to get away with weeks of communication they have so many days to sort it out with the Ebays Case system...the Uk goverment would not need to do anything as the the Act has been past and Ebay are obligated to uphold the Law..i have been in this very situation before as regards mis-sold items from Ebay and i have received a full refund and some times gotten to keep the item..Also you are deluded if you think the seller could get away with not wanting to deal with me anymore!
Granted. You deal with it, I'm not going to spend hours of my time dealing with it. I've got better things to do than argue with ebay sellers, posting pictures of problems, etc.
Quote:
Utter nonsense Again! ..this is pure speculation on your part you are telling me that sellers do not open up monitor ETC ...you do not know this...it is what you would like to believe..however make no mistake i know this... if they sent me a monitor that was NOT pixel perfect they world have to pay for return shipping or paypal would refund me and they would be in Debt to pay pal...these are facts not speculation which seems is the only thing you can supply to support your Argument.
Of course it's speculation. But walk yourself through the process. These sellers do not manufacture the monitors. They are only middlemen. If they decide to open up a monitor, they open up the possibility of return - why? because they sold you an opened and potentially tampered with monitor. That's the most idiotic thing ever. If they would get in trouble for selling something that doesn't match the description, can you imagine the trouble they'd get in for selling something that could have been potentially tampered with? And if a box has been tampered with, buyers have recourse to return any monitor, for any reason, and the seller couldn't prove otherwise. No, that's stupid and silly. They don't open boxes to check monitors. That's done at the factory. All they can do is send you another "perfect pixel" monitor from the factory, that still has the same chances of receiving a bad pixel.
Quote:
As i said i know of not one member of this forum who has ordered a monitor that from a seller that clams "not one dead pixel" and have received a monitor with any dead pixels!
And I do.

Examples:
Perfect Pixel develops a defective pixel shortly after plugging it in:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1430173/so-i-think-my-korean-1440p-ah-ips-developed-a-bad-pixel-already-any-advice/0_50
Perfect Pixel has 5+ defective pixels:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1445376/perfect-pixel-5-dead-pixels/0_50
Perfect pixel ($20 premium) has 3-5 defective pixels:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1460160/pixel-perfect-is-truth/0_50#post_21609831
"Perfect Pixel" comes with stuck red subpixel:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star/12750_50#post_21678674
Another one:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star/13050_50#post_21713320
And another...
http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star/4150_50#post_20371683
post #14553 of 25888
Hmm, I think I have no luck with my Qnix QX2710. I tried to overclock it to 96 Hz and 120 Hz, and it works, but then the colours on the upper-right corner of the screen are less bright. Like there is less backlight over there. I don't have this issue when I'm on 60 Hz. Is this normal or can I fix it?
post #14554 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

They don't open boxes to check monitors. That's done at the factory. All they can do is send you another "perfect pixel" monitor from the factory, that still has the same chances of receiving a bad pixel.

As i believe i have already stated Factually why i believe in pixel perfect and would still would buy Pixel perfect monitor can i ask you...at what point do you believe Excellentcastle shoots down to the factory when he sell you a pixel perfect monitor and puts on his little red sticker that says "pixel perfect" on the monitors box?...or do you believe he has an inside man at the factory that randomly does this for him?
Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14555 of 25888
Hey Lawson, have any 110hz profiles or should I use the 120hz one?

Maybe a little darker too since 200cd/m is too bright at night
post #14556 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlitheone View Post

Hey Lawson, have any 110hz profiles or should I use the 120hz one?

Maybe a little darker too since 200cd/m is too bright at night

I am sorry mate i don't have a 110hz ICC as i only use 120hz and therefore only create 120hz profiles but you are more than welcome to use my 120hz...however i am also sure i have seen some 110hz ICC profiles kicking around in this thread....do a search.

Nativedispcal120hz96hz200cdm.zip 13k .zip file
Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14557 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson67 View Post

As i believe i have already stated Factually why i believe in pixel perfect and would still would buy Pixel perfect monitor can i ask you...at what point do you believe Excellentcastle shoots down to the factory when he sell you a pixel perfect monitor and puts on his little red sticker that says "pixel perfect" on the monitors box?...or do you believe he has an inside man at the factory that randomly does this for him?
Believe all you want. There are hundreds of examples of non-"perfect pixel" monitors being "perfect pixel" and I've given at least a half-dozen examples of "perfect pixel" monitors being nothing of the sort. That is, I believe, evidence enough that "perfect pixel" is stupid. Why pay extra for perfect pixel when non-perfect pixel monitors are cheaper, have a very similar rate of getting no pixel defects, and have a better track record?

There's another argument that actual posits that perfect pixel monitors are actually worse panels - but that is predicated on the monitors using A- (panels with a known defect). I'm not using that, because that would be rank speculation.

Evidence exists in abundance that non-perfect pixel monitors are free from pixel defects the majority of the time. Pixel defects are not common.
Enough evidence exists that perfect pixel monitors can also be subject to pixel defects, and that it is not as rare as might be expected. Pixel defects are not impossible.
Anecdotal experiences are many where getting a "perfect pixel" monitor that is defective replaced is annoying, long and arduous (and occasionally, outright scammy).
Conclusion - perfect pixel is stupid.
post #14558 of 25888
Mine came with problems and the seller helped me replace it right away. No arguing, waiting, ect.
post #14559 of 25888
Lawson, do you happen to know of a provider I should buy with the Perfect Pixel? I'm trying to obtain one that overclocks to the 120hz and has as many minimal defects as possible. thumb.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
Reply
post #14560 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasamoka View Post

I suppose that when gaming, you'd be fine with the second monitor off. So you'd turn CrossFire on again.

The DP to DL-DVI adapter might be a good idea but it'll have to be active.

Nvidia allows monitors to be connected across multiple cards, but I have no idea about the dynamics of it. What monitors get turned off, what monitors stay on, do they have to be part of triple surround, etc... I'm sure an Nvidia owner could chime in and tell us.

With Nvidia & AMD passing frames over the PCI Express bus for multi-monitor, multi-GPU scenarios, it's now simpler to connect monitors across displays and I hope AMD get around to allowing that with CrossFire. That, and CrossFire support in Windowed mode.

Active DP converters are $80+

had 2x R9 290's in my newegg cart with 5% off for $380 each new at launch. Can't believe I didnt pull the trigger. mad.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club