Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 1464

post #14631 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson67 View Post

Hey Dr Steve I am sorry that you had a delay in shipping!.. however i am glad that you received a pixel perfect monitor from excellentcastle!...you are the third member in the last 24 hours that has received a perfect pixel monitor from excellentcastle!

We're too used to hearing 2-3 day experiences of the majority and I guess my teddies went out of the cot when I saw March 13th !!!! But despite the initial delay and the brief hiccup at the end, just over a week ain't bad really !

Problem is now I'm wondering whether I need to upgrade my main rig. It's relatively long in the tooth but ought to be up to handling games from a few years back. I'm not a hardcore gamer but would like to try the first Crysis games etc. I'm currently running an Athlon II x4 635 Black Edition with 12GB RAM and a 240GB SSD but I've only got a 1GB Nvidia EVGA 650Ti.

I'm rather tempted by the AMD R9 270x and 280x's though. I've never dropped over 220 notes on a graphics card before ! Eeeek redface.gif Any thoughts? I understand they're just rebranded versions of previous cards with a price drop to sweeten the deal. Aria have a Sapphire R9 280x 3GB with £40 off @ £229 at the moment.

http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/Sapphire+Radeon+R9+280X+Dual-X+OC+AMD+Graphics+Card+-+3GB+?productId=57840

Perhaps I need to slow down a bit. I've already bought the Qnix, Two dual bracket VESA mounts (not bad @ £70 for a pair delivered from Amazon), the Display port to Dual link DVI adapter to run the Qnix from the laptop (which I picked up used on eBay for 24.50 delivered), and two USB to DVI external adapters for £50 for a pair again from eBay (again I'm hoping to run the 3 monitors from the Latitude 6510 docking station. rolleyes.gif

And all because I innocently bumbled on to this forum !!! You guys should be ashamed, making me spend money like this !biggrin.gif
Edited by Dr Steve - 3/4/14 at 9:02am
post #14632 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Steve View Post

We're too used to hearing 2-3 day experiences of the majority and I guess my teddies went out of the cot when I saw March 13th !!!! But despite the initial delay and the brief hiccup at the end, just over a week ain't bad really !

Problem is now I'm wondering whether I need to upgrade my main rig. It's relatively long in the tooth but ought to be up to handling games from a few years back. I'm not a hardcore gamer but would like to try the first Crysis games etc. I'm currently running an Athlon II x4 635 Black Edition with 12GB RAM and a 240GB SSD but I've only got a 1GB Nvidia EVGA 650Ti.

I'm rather tempted by the AMD R9 270x and 280x's though. I've never dropped over 220 notes on a graphics card before ! Eeeek redface.gif Any thoughts? I understand they're just rebranded versions of previous cards with a price drop to sweeten the deal. Aria have a Sapphire R9 280x 3GB with £40 off @ £229 at the moment.

http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/Sapphire+Radeon+R9+280X+Dual-X+OC+AMD+Graphics+Card+-+3GB+?productId=57840

Perhaps I need to slow down a bit. I've already bought the Qnix, Two dual bracket VESA mounts (not bad @ £70 for a pair delivered from Amazon), the Display port to Dual link DVI adapter to run the Qnix from the laptop (which I picked up used on eBay for 24.50 delivered), and two USB to DVI external adapters for £50 for a pair again from eBay (again I'm hoping to run the 3 monitors from the Latitude 6510 docking station. rolleyes.gif
Definitely could use an update. 650Ti is a little too little to be running 1440p in 3D! 230 GBP for a R9 280x is definitely cheaper than what those are going for in NA... They're going for $500+ here. How much are GTX780 over there? They're almost the same price as r9 280x, but are much faster. Would be a better choice if the prices are comparable.

Of course, that's even more money to spend tongue.gif
post #14633 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

Definitely could use an update. 650Ti is a little too little to be running 1440p in 3D! 230 GBP for a R9 280x is definitely cheaper than what those are going for in NA... They're going for $500+ here. How much are GTX780 over there? They're almost the same price as r9 280x, but are much faster. Would be a better choice if the prices are comparable.

Of course, that's even more money to spend tongue.gif

Nah, GTX780's are silly money. £360 - £500. I know Bitcoin mining is making R9 supplies scarce and raised prices a bit. The highest I'd go would be the 280x. Even a 270x would probably be fine for me.

I wouldn't be trying to run 3 monitors for gaming (that'd just be for work). My budget would be around £200 if I went for it. Sad thing is I only bought the 650Ti about 6 months ago to upgrade a 7800GT ! I guess I could stick it on eBay as it's nearly mint. I've hardly switched on the main machine as I work mainly from the laptop and work has been manic !

Ho hum !
post #14634 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Steve View Post

Nah, GTX780's are silly money. £360 - £500. I know Bitcoin mining is making R9 supplies scarce and raised prices a bit. The highest I'd go would be the 280x. Even a 270x would probably be fine for me.

I wouldn't be trying to run 3 monitors for gaming (that'd just be for work). My budget would be around £200 if I went for it. Sad thing is I only bought the 650Ti about 6 months ago to upgrade a 7800GT ! I guess I could stick it on eBay as it's nearly mint. I've hardly switched on the main machine as I work mainly from the laptop and work has been manic !

Ho hum !
Ouch on the 780. In Canada, GTX 780 ~$520, and R9 280x are ~$500, so it's a no brainer. Well, try running with the 650Ti first, and if there's problems, upgrade then. smile.gif
post #14635 of 25922
Im sure this has been asked before, but what adapter can I use for an hdmi output on a gpu?

Will this dual link DVI-D to hdmi adapter connected to back of panel and hdmi cord run to gpu work? http://www.cablesandkits.com/dvid-dual-link-male-to-hdmi-female-adapter-p-3378.html?CAWELAID=120126460000006933&"cagpspn=pla"&gclid=CJi7yMnN-bwCFeJF7Aodt3wACw

This panel will be ran @ 60hz.
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14636 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolern View Post

Im sure this has been asked before, but what adapter can I use for an hdmi output on a gpu?

Will this dual link DVI-D to hdmi adapter connected to back of panel and hdmi cord run to gpu work? http://www.cablesandkits.com/dvid-dual-link-male-to-hdmi-female-adapter-p-3378.html?CAWELAID=120126460000006933&"cagpspn=pla"&gclid=CJi7yMnN-bwCFeJF7Aodt3wACw

This panel will be ran @ 60hz.
Won't work at 60hz.

Actually, one person has gotten it working at 60hz, but that was with hacked drivers and it was terribly unstable. 30hz is generally what can be expected for an HDMI -> DVI conversion.
post #14637 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

Won't work at 60hz.

Actually, one person has gotten it working at 60hz, but that was with hacked drivers and it was terribly unstable. 30hz is generally what can be expected for an HDMI -> DVI conversion.
I see. Thanks Kevin.
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14638 of 25922
Is there anyway to mod the metal bezel to make the sides slimmer so it won't be as big an eyesore in 3x1 eyefinity?
Azura
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k - Stock ASUS Z97-Pro Gamer EVGA 980 Ti SC 16GB G Skill Rijpaws @ 2133 Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB > Samsung 850 Pro 25... Windows 10 64bit Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 Enthoo Primo Logitech G600 Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
Azura
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k - Stock ASUS Z97-Pro Gamer EVGA 980 Ti SC 16GB G Skill Rijpaws @ 2133 Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB > Samsung 850 Pro 25... Windows 10 64bit Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 Enthoo Primo Logitech G600 Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14639 of 25922
I purchased a QX2710 from Newegg on Sunday with 3-5 day shipping and I'm still showing the tracking status as this

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Has anyone purchased one of these from Newegg and did they get it on time?
post #14640 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strickt View Post

I purchased a QX2710 from Newegg on Sunday with 3-5 day shipping and I'm still showing the tracking status as this

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Has anyone purchased one of these from Newegg and did they get it on time?

I wasn't aware Newegg sold these, I thought they were Ebay, Amazon, and a few other odd sites only.
 
No longer exists
(24 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-8600k ASRock Z370 Extreme4 ASUS ROG 1080 STRIX  2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256GB SSD - OS/Games 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black - Games 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black - Storage Liteon 24x DVD-R 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Pro x64 ViewSonic XG2703-GS Asus VE245H 24" 1080p LCD 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 42" 720p Plasma Logitech G810 EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Phanteks Enthoo Pro M - Tempered Glass 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900 XTracPads Ripper XL Sound Blaster Zx Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 
AudioAudioAudio
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Digital Sennheiser HD 419 Sennheiser PC 320 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ Stock Biostar TP67XE (B3) EVGA 980 Ti Classified (via RMA'd 780 Ti) 4x4GB 1333 G.SKILL Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256GB SSD 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black  Liteon 24x DVD-R 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
CM V6 GT + 2x Cougar Vortex HDB Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Windows 10 Home x64 ViewSonic XG2703-GS IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus VE245H 24" 1080p LCD Samsung 42" 720p Plasma Logitech G810 Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF X Logitech G900 XTracPads Ripper XL Sound Blaster Zx 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Digital Sennheiser HD 419 Sennheiser PC 320 
  hide details  
Reply
 
No longer exists
(24 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-8600k ASRock Z370 Extreme4 ASUS ROG 1080 STRIX  2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256GB SSD - OS/Games 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black - Games 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black - Storage Liteon 24x DVD-R 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Pro x64 ViewSonic XG2703-GS Asus VE245H 24" 1080p LCD 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 42" 720p Plasma Logitech G810 EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Phanteks Enthoo Pro M - Tempered Glass 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900 XTracPads Ripper XL Sound Blaster Zx Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 
AudioAudioAudio
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Digital Sennheiser HD 419 Sennheiser PC 320 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ Stock Biostar TP67XE (B3) EVGA 980 Ti Classified (via RMA'd 780 Ti) 4x4GB 1333 G.SKILL Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256GB SSD 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black  Liteon 24x DVD-R 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
CM V6 GT + 2x Cougar Vortex HDB Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Windows 10 Home x64 ViewSonic XG2703-GS IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus VE245H 24" 1080p LCD Samsung 42" 720p Plasma Logitech G810 Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF X Logitech G900 XTracPads Ripper XL Sound Blaster Zx 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Digital Sennheiser HD 419 Sennheiser PC 320 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club