Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 150

post #1491 of 25864
Quote:
Originally Posted by fake13371 View Post

(I have 1 GTX 560 Ti)

I applied the new beta driver from nvidia (320.14) and applied the full/SLI version of the patch. With this I managed to go from 96Hz up to 110Hz with LCD Reduced. 120Hz works but I get those scan lines.

Could people post their custom timings for 120Hz? I don't wanna give up on running full 120Hz just yet.

EDIT: After further testing my monitor seems to work as it should at 119Hz with LCD reduced. So I really can't imagine there needs to be done a lot of tweaking to hit the magic 120Hz.

This is the X-Star DP2710 for anyone curious.

Please reffer to the Overclocking segment in this post

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star/1100_100#post_19959799
post #1492 of 25864
did the tape mod and panel play mod earlier today, screens looks MUCH BETTER NOW! very very little backlight bleeding but does not bother me like before and no panel play smile.gif
Edited by Gilgam3sh - 5/18/13 at 6:49am
Cheap PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K ASUS X99-A Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2x Western Digital Red 6TB Seagate ST4000DM000 Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 QNIX QX2710  Logitech G15 v1 Corsair AX1200i Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster HAF XB ASUS ROG GX850 Steelseries  Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
Cheap PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K ASUS X99-A Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2x Western Digital Red 6TB Seagate ST4000DM000 Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 QNIX QX2710  Logitech G15 v1 Corsair AX1200i Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster HAF XB ASUS ROG GX850 Steelseries  Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1493 of 25864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazdaa View Post

Oh, you scared me for a sec there!

So basically thicker is better? tongue.gif

I´m not an expert on the area, but from what I understand the thicker the better, so higher AWG is better. Although the cable I received isn´t that thick, but maybe its thicker on the inside or something.lol I dont know. Can´t test it out before I get my GFX card back anyway.
post #1494 of 25864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatwolf View Post

I´m not an expert on the area, but from what I understand the thicker the better, so higher AWG is better. Although the cable I received isn´t that thick, but maybe its thicker on the inside or something.lol I dont know. Can´t test it out before I get my GFX card back anyway.

Thicker is better, but lower awg means thicker, NOT higher. smile.gif
The Sig Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4.xghz MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) MSI GTX 970 Gaming SLI @ 1504mhz core/8020mhz m... 16GB DDR3 2x 8gb @ 1866mhz C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
240GB Sandisk Extreme A few 2tb hdd's. DVDRW Corsair H75 CLC on the CPU 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ACER B326hk 4k 60hz 3840x2160 IPS sst display Coolermaster Cherry MX Brown switch mechanical ... Corsair TX 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl Logitech MX518 EverGlide Titan "Medium" Soundblaster Z PCIE 
  hide details  
Reply
The Sig Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K @ 4.xghz MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) MSI GTX 970 Gaming SLI @ 1504mhz core/8020mhz m... 16GB DDR3 2x 8gb @ 1866mhz C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
240GB Sandisk Extreme A few 2tb hdd's. DVDRW Corsair H75 CLC on the CPU 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ACER B326hk 4k 60hz 3840x2160 IPS sst display Coolermaster Cherry MX Brown switch mechanical ... Corsair TX 950w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl Logitech MX518 EverGlide Titan "Medium" Soundblaster Z PCIE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1495 of 25864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgam3sh View Post

did the tape mod and panel play mod earlier today, screens looks MUCH BETTER NOW! very very little backlight bleeding but does not bother me like before and no panel play smile.gif

So did I, I raised it a bit but sadly the left side is now a bit lower then the right. I guess I'll have to re-open it.
I put 4 layers of tape btw, but I think 5 layers would be more optimal.
@wntrsnowg and anybody who did lift their panels, how many layers did you put on yours?
Also, getting rid of backlight bleeding was a nice side effect so I'm glad I did open it. It's kinda dumbproof tbh.
post #1496 of 25864
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNOE View Post

I can't confirm this, and believe me I would be the first person to complain about AMD cards and drivers. I been having a terrible time with my tri fire 7970's this year, so I would be the first to admit and point my finger at AMD. But I can't say I see any evidence that its harder to hit 120hz on AMD. I'm using a 15ft Cable that I had laying around from monoprice and its hitting 120hz just fine I have not tried any other cables yet, also haven't tried going higher clocks yet.
From reading the threads to me high end GPU's like 7970, 7950, 680, 670, Titan will have no problem with 120hz. Its not a AMD vs. Nvidia thing with this.

Correct. As I replied to this post in that thread. I have a GTX 480 I woulda tried but my 7950 hits 120Hz and probably beyond just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fagoatse View Post

So did I, I raised it a bit but sadly the left side is now a bit lower then the right. I guess I'll have to re-open it.
I put 4 layers of tape btw, but I think 5 layers would be more optimal.
@wntrsnowg and anybody who did lift their panels, how many layers did you put on yours?
Also, getting rid of backlight bleeding was a nice side effect so I'm glad I did open it. It's kinda dumbproof tbh.

So you are saying it's pretty easy? I think I am going to do this soon but still nervous. I am good with computers and the like but not as great "with my hands".
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1497 of 25864
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyvillain View Post

So you are saying it's pretty easy? I think I am going to do this soon but still nervous. I am good with computers and the like but not as great "with my hands".

I started taking mine apart last night but hooked it back up with the front bezel removed when my company arrived. I'm going to get back to it right now. I'll PM you my number so I can assist if you like. The most important thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet is that you have to remove the 4 screws from the bottom before the front part will come loose.
post #1498 of 25864
would be fun to know when your panels was made, according to AIDA64 my panel was made week 40 2011
Cheap PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K ASUS X99-A Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2x Western Digital Red 6TB Seagate ST4000DM000 Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 QNIX QX2710  Logitech G15 v1 Corsair AX1200i Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster HAF XB ASUS ROG GX850 Steelseries  Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
Cheap PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K ASUS X99-A Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2x Western Digital Red 6TB Seagate ST4000DM000 Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 QNIX QX2710  Logitech G15 v1 Corsair AX1200i Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster HAF XB ASUS ROG GX850 Steelseries  Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1499 of 25864
Fixed mine. So much better. Here is an image I created and have been using to calibrate brightness. I added 4 lines of color 1 pixel high at the bottom corners to test if the monitor was sitting high enough to see all the pixels now. Hope it is useful to someone. (Click for full size)
post #1500 of 25864
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNOE View Post

I can't confirm this, and believe me I would be the first person to complain about AMD cards and drivers. I been having a terrible time with my tri fire 7970's this year, so I would be the first to admit and point my finger at AMD. But I can't say I see any evidence that its harder to hit 120hz on AMD. I'm using a 15ft Cable that I had laying around from monoprice and its hitting 120hz just fine I have not tried any other cables yet, also haven't tried going higher clocks yet.
From reading the threads to me high end GPU's like 7970, 7950, 680, 670, Titan will have no problem with 120hz. Its not a AMD vs. Nvidia thing with this.

Yeah i was just thinking we could add a video card section to our members chart so we can have a baseline of what certain cards seem to get(higher end are obviously going to do pretty good). There may be some exceptions like this particular AMD card works great or stay away from this card since it sucks at this for some reasn

Might be helpful redface.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club