Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 1557

post #15561 of 25893
Anyone have experience with IPSLEDMonitors.com?

Considering buying the glossy from there and get it shipped to the UK (when it comes in stock, if ever).

Or should I go for an ebay seller? I really don't want to have dead pixels, they would probably annoy the hell out of me.
MGPC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4770K Asus Maximus VI Hero Gigabyte 780 ti GHz Edition G-Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung 830 Seagate 1.5tb Windows 7 Ultimate Novatech 800W PSU 
Case
Silverstone RV02-E 
  hide details  
Reply
MGPC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4770K Asus Maximus VI Hero Gigabyte 780 ti GHz Edition G-Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung 830 Seagate 1.5tb Windows 7 Ultimate Novatech 800W PSU 
Case
Silverstone RV02-E 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15562 of 25893
Digital force, cheers for confirming, it is as I had worried about. If it doesn't do 1080p with the Xbox, I'll be either returning it or selling mine.

In other news, here's red caps response to the discontinuing monitors and the 120hz oc:

1. The monitor overclocks to 120hz - but some users are reporting it dropping frames, in other words not ACTAULLY being available to overclock tot hat amount. Does this True10 monitor, without any problem to 120hz, as described in the ebay listing?

- waht's mean " dropping frame"? , the manufacturer open technically the avaialability of overclocking Hz and it means overclocking is user's job.
has someone tried and has a problem ? if so, please let me know so that I report to the manufacturer.

2. I heard that the other monitors (non-true 10) are being "discontinued" and are in "limited supply" is there any confirmation of this? How are your stocks in relation to this?

- the manufacturer think they don't need to make the non-true 10 model because true10 is better at similar price for now. so they stop to make true10 for now.

thank you

Sincerely yours Red-Cap
post #15563 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogofwar View Post

Anyone have experience with IPSLEDMonitors.com?

Considering buying the glossy from there and get it shipped to the UK (when it comes in stock, if ever).

Or should I go for an ebay seller? I really don't want to have dead pixels, they would probably annoy the hell out of me.

You could get one of the eBay ultimate perfect pixel models, which have been tested to have no bad pixels at all - they come at a price premium though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Digital force, cheers for confirming, it is as I had worried about. If it doesn't do 1080p with the Xbox, I'll be either returning it or selling mine.

In other news, here's red caps response to the discontinuing monitors and the 120hz oc:

1. The monitor overclocks to 120hz - but some users are reporting it dropping frames, in other words not ACTAULLY being available to overclock tot hat amount. Does this True10 monitor, without any problem to 120hz, as described in the ebay listing?

- waht's mean " dropping frame"? , the manufacturer open technically the avaialability of overclocking Hz and it means overclocking is user's job.
has someone tried and has a problem ? if so, please let me know so that I report to the manufacturer.

2. I heard that the other monitors (non-true 10) are being "discontinued" and are in "limited supply" is there any confirmation of this? How are your stocks in relation to this?

- the manufacturer think they don't need to make the non-true 10 model because true10 is better at similar price for now. so they stop to make true10 for now.

thank you

Sincerely yours Red-Cap

Sounds like the possible end of the single input overclockable monitors. If everyone is switching to the True10s and they aren't really overclockable, that's bad.
post #15564 of 25893
Given that I won't be using xbox with my monitor, only PC gaming and work, I was thinking I'd give the True 10 a go, as it also sounds like stock is very limited on the older model.

Anyone got any thoughts on me ordering this in the UK?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Perfect-Pixel-QX2710-Evolution-II-DP-Multi-True10-2560x1440-10bit-Matte-Monitor-/251468295127?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_Monitors&hash=item3a8cadabd7
post #15565 of 25893
Pulled the trigger on the True 10 as well, need a multi input monitor for my workstation that could opt as a decent gaming rig.

Seller confirmed 120hz OC, will post some test results as soon as I get my hands on it.
post #15566 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

You could get one of the eBay ultimate perfect pixel models, which have been tested to have no bad pixels at all - they come at a price premium though.
Sounds like the possible end of the single input overclockable monitors. If everyone is switching to the True10s and they aren't really overclockable, that's bad.

Indeed it is as I had feared.
Literally anything I imagine or want in life, never comes as it is supposed to do. It's unsurprising for me really.

Anyway, I've re-contacted red cap and thanked him for his responses and then asked if there would be ANY chance of him doing a straight swap for a non true10 model. Ie. a single input one.
The package is STILL in korea, but it is with fedex. If he manages to do that or is willing to do something, he would be an absolute legend.

Not sure who is to blame here, the manufacturer or the sellers.
I'm thinking more the manufacturer, because ALL the sellers have the same listing and description. As it is turning out not to be the case, the sales/reputation of these sellers will drop, and the listings won't sell due to their bad reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus1978 View Post

Given that I won't be using xbox with my monitor, only PC gaming and work, I was thinking I'd give the True 10 a go, as it also sounds like stock is very limited on the older model.

Anyone got any thoughts on me ordering this in the UK?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Perfect-Pixel-QX2710-Evolution-II-DP-Multi-True10-2560x1440-10bit-Matte-Monitor-/251468295127?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_Monitors&hash=item3a8cadabd7

Mate, I've ordered one (for quite a bit cheaper). If you don't mind waiting - I might have that exact same one coming (should be a perfect model with no BLB and no dead pixels).
I'm looking to exchange it for a normal model with the seller, but I have no idea if the seller will do it or not.
This model doesn't look like it OCs above 60hz. Hope you're aware of that.

And yeah I'm in the UK!
Edited by Totally Dubbed - 3/14/14 at 3:22am
post #15567 of 25893
Maybe I'm miss understanding, but from the quick review that Digitalforce has done - and it is only his first play, it does overclock to 120hz - but there is some skip frames (not totally sure I understand the impact of that).

The HDMI \ 1080P stuff isn't a worry for me - as long as it works fine DVI-D.

What issues does skipped frames actually cause?
post #15568 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

You could get one of the eBay ultimate perfect pixel models, which have been tested to have no bad pixels at all - they come at a price premium though.

Can't find any ultimate glossy ones that ship to the UK, and glossy ones sure are expensive.
MGPC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4770K Asus Maximus VI Hero Gigabyte 780 ti GHz Edition G-Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung 830 Seagate 1.5tb Windows 7 Ultimate Novatech 800W PSU 
Case
Silverstone RV02-E 
  hide details  
Reply
MGPC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4770K Asus Maximus VI Hero Gigabyte 780 ti GHz Edition G-Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung 830 Seagate 1.5tb Windows 7 Ultimate Novatech 800W PSU 
Case
Silverstone RV02-E 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15569 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus1978 View Post

Maybe I'm miss understanding, but from the quick review that Digitalforce has done - and it is only his first play, it does overclock to 120hz - but there is some skip frames (not totally sure I understand the impact of that).

The HDMI \ 1080P stuff isn't a worry for me - as long as it works fine DVI-D.

What issues does skipped frames actually cause?

I tried googling around, but couldn't find a definite answer.
From my understanding, when it frame skips it's the monitor not handling the frames correctly - just as if it is too much frames for the monitor to handle - so it stutters at higher FPS.
So if you were running 120hz on a given game it would stutter meaning your gameplay experience would be ruined.
Digitalforce might not have realised it on two games (that aren't that intensive FPS games) thus it doesn't matter for slower paced games as much - put that on something like BF4 and you'll start having problems - at least that's my understanding of it.
post #15570 of 25893
Guys thanks all for your thought/feedbacks on that new TRUE10.

I've been lurking for months now, and just believed I've found the ideal Qnix with the lowest cons. But that "fake" 120Hz sucks. sadsmiley.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club