Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 1587

post #15861 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalforce View Post

Word. I am pretty firm on my full refund for the monitor and I refuse to pay shipping or any fees. If I get any runaround from excellentcastle tonight, I will escalate it to eBay.

If there is a glossy and single input of the TRUE10 out anytime soon, that would be awesome.

Let me know if your saber vision finds any biggrin.gif!
post #15862 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalforce View Post

Word. I am pretty firm on my full refund for the monitor and I refuse to pay shipping or any fees. If I get any runaround from excellentcastle tonight, I will escalate it to eBay.

If there is a glossy and single input of the TRUE10 out anytime soon, that would be awesome.
Gonna measure before you send it back (PM)?
post #15863 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalforce View Post

It DOES overclock past 60hz but it skips frame which makes gaming choppy/next to worthless. biggrin.gif


Ooph, thats even worse!!
post #15864 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasamoka View Post

Gonna measure before you send it back (PM)?

Yessir -- Sorry for the slow response. Please send me details on color accuracy tests you use/prefer.
post #15865 of 25893


Mine has arrived in the States! Only couple days left! biggrin.gif
post #15866 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalforce View Post


If there is a glossy and single input of the TRUE10 out anytime soon, that would be awesome.

Thats what I'm waiting for. Accessorieswhole said a DVI-D HDMI version is coming out though not sure how that will differ then the one now. Anyway, I'm sure another OEM manufacturer can step up, 1plus have a AHVA out.
post #15867 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalforce View Post

Yessir -- Sorry for the slow response. Please send me details on color accuracy tests you use/prefer.
Awesome.

Download HCFR then install.
Open HCFR, New, View Images, i1 Display Pro
Then check if there is any existing meter correction file available (will have to ask more about this, will be back).
Click Finish, then "Measure grayscale, primary and secondary colors".
Measurements are done, save file. Distribute results by screenshot or if you like, send me the file by PM and I'll do that and credit you.

If you would like to do an ICC profile too, then download ArgyllCMS, dispcalGUI, install, and use the following settings in dispcalGUI:
Whitepoint: 6500K
Tone curve: Gamma 2.2
Calibration speed: Low
Profile quality: High

I tend to disable Black point compensation and I recommend you do so since the i1DP is pretty accurate at low IRE.

Calibrate & Profile, it gets to measuring, produces a profile. Share with community, rep+++.

Thanks!
post #15868 of 25893
What does "1 year free warranty for A/S" mean?
MGPC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4770K Asus Maximus VI Hero Gigabyte 780 ti GHz Edition G-Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung 830 Seagate 1.5tb Windows 7 Ultimate Novatech 800W PSU 
Case
Silverstone RV02-E 
  hide details  
Reply
MGPC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4770K Asus Maximus VI Hero Gigabyte 780 ti GHz Edition G-Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung 830 Seagate 1.5tb Windows 7 Ultimate Novatech 800W PSU 
Case
Silverstone RV02-E 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15869 of 25893
Hello everyone! Firstly, thanks for this great thread, I am learning a lot from it.

I mostly play flight simulators and I was thinking of upgrading my triple-monitor setup and was looking at 27" monitors at 2560x1440 resolutions and came upon the Korean monitor concept and stumbled onto here. I am currently reading my way down the thread but still at page 15.

I was thinking of buying 3 27" monitors but it seems like a setup for one monitor will not be good for another. Or each monitor will OC to different levels. Or have different alignment issues. I wonder if anyone here has bought 3 monitors for a three-screen setup (I know at least a couple members have) and what issues there are trying to make 3 screens work nice with each other?

Also, you guys seem to be really hardcore with your monitors; I've never had to color-adjust mine. Can I ask why you would OC a monitor from 60Hz to 120Hz?

Has anyone had to send back their monitor and how did they do it? I see some that guarantee zero bad pixels and also say they pay for return postage (eBay sellers).

Lastly, are there any methods or tricks or instructions to give to sellers so that I don't get ripped off in customs/taxes? I live in the UK.... if that fact isn't obvious yet!
post #15870 of 25893
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKSimmer View Post

Hello everyone! Firstly, thanks for this great thread, I am learning a lot from it.

I mostly play flight simulators and I was thinking of upgrading my triple-monitor setup and was looking at 27" monitors at 2560x1440 resolutions and came upon the Korean monitor concept and stumbled onto here. I am currently reading my way down the thread but still at page 15.

I was thinking of buying 3 27" monitors but it seems like a setup for one monitor will not be good for another. Or each monitor will OC to different levels. Or have different alignment issues. I wonder if anyone here has bought 3 monitors for a three-screen setup (I know at least a couple members have) and what issues there are trying to make 3 screens work nice with each other?

Also, you guys seem to be really hardcore with your monitors; I've never had to color-adjust mine. Can I ask why you would OC a monitor from 60Hz to 120Hz?

Has anyone had to send back their monitor and how did they do it? I see some that guarantee zero bad pixels and also say they pay for return postage (eBay sellers).

Lastly, are there any methods or tricks or instructions to give to sellers so that I don't get ripped off in customs/taxes? I live in the UK.... if that fact isn't obvious yet!

I had an issue with the monitor that I got from Green-Sum. I got a perfect pixel version but when it came it had a streak of dead pixels. I contacted them. They were very good in communication. They then asked to send in hi res pics or videos. I send in hi res pics and they agreed to take it back. One day after a week or so UPS came up to my door for pickup. Then it stayed in the UPS as a damaged goods item and then it shipped back to Korea. Once they receive it I am hoping they will quickly refund. The whole process of purchase and return has taken a month.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club