Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 1753

post #17521 of 25893
Ok guys. I couldn't find anything in the 1700+ pages in this group so I'm just gonna ask quick here in case someone else can help me quickly.

I overclocked my QNIX 2710 successfully to 1440p not to long ago. I don't (Or can't, possibly) remember if my monitor used to tear as much as I've started to notice it has been now.

This all started after I noticed my computer having some issues going on with my mobo/cpu but now everythings settled and I've started to see some real tearing just on my desktop. Some webpages or programs make it way worse. This all started after I started having some driver issues and a point where my monitor didn't even recognize a signal anymore. (That's fixed as well.)

I reinstalled all my patchers/drivers/CRU profiles/color profiles and Nvidia profiles. I'm using a GTX 770.

anyone have any idea if overclocks diminish over time or something? I'm afraid I'm going to burn my monitor out (though I know a lot of other people have been successful at keeping over clocks going for a while.)

Hope someone can help me out here or give me some advice! Thanks!
post #17522 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed 
doesn't OC at all (Qnix QX2710 DP Multi TRUE10)

Doesn't OC at all above 60Hz?
What about downclock to 48Hz & 50Hz?
Can anyone confirm, or all the guys on this thread buy the PLS version?

If not, it does not matter for me because I use MadVR for movie watching which have a frame blending algorithm, and I don't play games at all.
It was either Qnix, Dell, Asus or BenQ, I went for the Qnix with a versatile Vesa stand.

Hope its better than my Dell U2410.
Edited by James Freeman - 4/14/14 at 11:56pm
post #17523 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grue View Post

Update: It's getting late in the day Tuesday in SK and still no tracking info. It's been 9 days since I ordered... they (kcci) said it would ship yesterday. I just sent another email, and am on the verge of cancelling if the reply does not include a tracking #.
Thanks man.I will avoid him.
post #17524 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman View Post

Doesn't OC at all above 60Hz?
What about downclock to 48Hz & 50Hz?
Can anyone confirm, or all the guys on this thread buy the PLS version?


Hope its better than my Dell U2410.

You should refuse the shipment, get a refund and buy a single input Qnix/X-Star which can overclock or an HP ZR2740W (TFT Centrals Review, it can't overclock) which is similarly priced in the US.

Multi-input 1440p monitors can't overclock without dropping frames. You can be the first to down-clock to 48/50hz and verify if the monitor drops frames with this test if you decide to keep it.

The U2410 has always been a mediocre monitor, though the quality alternatives available when it was released were either far more expensive or much smaller. If you are not using the U2410's sRGB mode you might confuse the U2410's over-saturated and inaccurate wide gamut colors for quality, though the True 10 Anandtech's reviewed had washed out colors (low average gamma) are and poor black levels.
Edited by MenacingTuba - 4/15/14 at 12:56am
Dr. Tesla
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Patriot Viper 3 Series, Sapphire Blue Edition D... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate X-Star DP2710 Glossy Qnix QX2710 Matte 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Viewsonic VP2780-4K HP 25er Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec HCP 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-P80 Razer Lachesis Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee 
Audio
Essence HDACC 
  hide details  
Reply
Dr. Tesla
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Patriot Viper 3 Series, Sapphire Blue Edition D... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate X-Star DP2710 Glossy Qnix QX2710 Matte 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Viewsonic VP2780-4K HP 25er Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec HCP 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-P80 Razer Lachesis Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee 
Audio
Essence HDACC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17525 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenacingTuba View Post

Multi-input 1440p monitors can't overclock without dropping frames. You can be the first to down-clock to 48/50hz and verify if the monitor drops frames with this test thumb.gif

The U2410 is one of the worst IPS panels. If you are not using the U2410's sRGB mode you might confuse the U2410's over-saturated and inaccurate wide gamut colors for quality, though the True 10 Anandtech's reviewed had washed out colors (low average gamma) are and poor black levels.

Thanks MenacingTuba.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not new to Monitors and OC, I have the X-rite i1 Display Pro for calibration and OC'ed many monitors.
I also don't agree with you about the quality of the U2410, on the contrary, it's one of the best panels even now, and yes I use properly calibrated sRGB color space. wink.gif

BTW, the review you've posted of the Multi port QNIX is not Evolution II, its an older version.

I'll be calibrating the Qnix anyway, so gamma and color will be fine.
I just want to know if I can play 24p movies judder free, while my monitor is in the mail.
Anyone here have the AHVA panel or a Multi Port version to confirm the ability to downclock to 48Hz for movies?

Anyone actually tried to OC a multi-port Qnix to 72Hz (which is below that advertised 75Hz)?
Edited by James Freeman - 4/15/14 at 1:14am
post #17526 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman View Post

Don't get me wrong, I'm not new to Monitors and OC, I have the X-rite i1 Display Pro for calibration and OC'ed many monitors.
I also don't agree with you about the quality of the U2410, on the contrary, it's one of the best panels even now, and yes I use properly calibrated sRGB color space. wink.gif
I measured a U2410 recently. In AdobeRGB and sRGB modes, colors cannot be adjusted and the monitor has a strong green tint out-of-the-box which can only be further fixed by a software color profile. In other modes, the monitor is pretty inaccurate AND wide-gamut. Between these modes, you also get varying contrast-ratio which makes using the U2410 pretty much impossible without a colorimeter and some *very* heavy tinkering to find the sweet spot.
Quote:
BTW, the review you've posted of the Multi port QNIX is not Evolution II, its an older version.
No, it's a newer model, reviewed just a few days ago.
Quote:
I'll be calibrating the Qnix anyway, so gamma and color will be fine.
The contrast ratio will still be lower (700:1), uniformity may still be worse, and one would rather have a monitor that is more accurate out-of-the-box so that calibration can achieve better results, otherwise the profile would be correcting both gamma whitepont, and other colors which becomes harder to get semi-perfect results in.

Here's the uniformity on my Qnix QX2710 single-input @ 60Hz @~120cd/m2:
5cJqhBT.png
http://i.imgur.com/5cJqhBT.png

Compare that to the uniformity of the True10 in the Anandtech review and see what I mean.
Quote:
Anyone actually tried to OC a multi-port Qnix to 72Hz (which is below that advertised 75Hz)?
I've OCed a single-input to 72Hz, and yes I can confirm judder-free playback. Multi-port Qnix 99% cannot overclock anywhere beyond 60Hz since they have never seemed to skip to anything but 60Hz.

If you're using the monitor on a PC (you'll be forced to if you want to use 48Hz anyways), then grab the single-input and enjoy a better monitor overall.
Edited by yasamoka - 4/15/14 at 4:18am
post #17527 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasamoka View Post

I measured a U2410 recently. In AdobeRGB and sRGB modes, colors cannot be adjusted and the monitor has a strong green tint out-of-the-box which can only be further fixed by a software color profile. In other modes, the monitor is pretty inaccurate AND wide-gamut.

The R,G,B settings for each preset of the U2410 are in the service menu which can be easily accessed.

As I stated earlier, I care less about OC & Refresh Rate because I don't play games AT ALL.
I went for the 100% sRGB coverage of the AHVA panel, and will be using madVR for judder free video on this 60Hz panel.
Samsung PLS & OC is nice for games, but my uses are different, I need the full sRGB gamut covered more than OC ability.

The AU Optronics AHVA is the first W-LED standard (sRGB) gamut panel that actually covers 100% and not 96-99% of the gamut.

From the reviews I see there is a User Mode for RGB somewhere in the OSD to tweaking the white point.
After that I'll calibrate using this custom white point to not lower the contrast ratio.

The Contrast Ratio of the Dell U2410 which I come from is 800:1, so no worries about it, its just how IPS/PLS/AHVA are.

Thanks.
Edited by James Freeman - 4/15/14 at 5:23am
post #17528 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman View Post

The R,G,B settings for each preset of the U2410 are in the service menu which can be easily accessed.
That's interesting, never knew that. I will try that out.
Quote:
As I stated earlier, I care less about OC & Refresh Rate because I don't play games AT ALL.
Yes, but 72Hz is guaranteed to use at least the 60Hz overdrive algorithm while 48Hz is not. 72Hz is also confirmed on the overclockable monitors. As you may know, its sometimes / often tricky to get playback at a lower refresh rate working perfectly, but I'll test that for you sure.
Quote:
I went for the 100% sRGB coverage of the AHVA panel, and will be using madVR for judder free video on this 60Hz panel.
Samsung PLS & OC is nice for games, but my uses are different, I need the full sRGB gamut covered more than OC ability.

The AU Optronics AHVA is the first W-LED standard (sRGB) gamut panel that actually covers 100% and not 96-99% of the gamut.
Mine is 99.7% sRGB and many others are. Some others are 97%. Contrast ratio is 900:1 - 1100:1 vs 700:1 for the True10. Would you rather lose contrast ratio and uniformity which are both very important for movie watching to gain a couple (at most) of insignificant percentage points of sRGB coverage that can barely be discerned?
Quote:
From the reviews I see there is a User Mode for RGB somewhere in the OSD to tweaking the white point.
After that I'll calibrate using this custom white point to not lower the contrast ratio.
True but I have no idea whether the sliders work well and allow precise control. I've also found with some displays that if your RGB level curves are not linear and different between grays and white, adjusting the sliders to get an accurate white point could really mess up the grayscale in return and the tradeoff could be not worth it, wish I had the graphs to show you but they aren't with me right now.
post #17529 of 25893
Turns out I do have a bit of backlight bleeding, mostly top left side, with it "pinched" in the middle left side. I don't mind it though, so i'm fine with it.
MGPC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4770K Asus Maximus VI Hero Gigabyte 780 ti GHz Edition G-Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung 830 Seagate 1.5tb Windows 7 Ultimate Novatech 800W PSU 
Case
Silverstone RV02-E 
  hide details  
Reply
MGPC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4770K Asus Maximus VI Hero Gigabyte 780 ti GHz Edition G-Skill Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung 830 Seagate 1.5tb Windows 7 Ultimate Novatech 800W PSU 
Case
Silverstone RV02-E 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17530 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasamoka 
Mine is 99.7% sRGB and many others are. Some others are 97%. Contrast ratio is 900:1 - 1100:1 vs 700:1 for the True10. Would you rather lose contrast ratio and uniformity which are both very important for movie watching to gain a couple (at most) of insignificant percentage points of sRGB coverage that can barely be discerned?
You are right, but my monitor is somewhere over the pacific now so I can't cancel my order now.
Hope mine is more or less uniform without any major backlight bleeding. thumb.gif

I also have an Asus VN279QLB which is an AMVA panel (my first VA panel) with 3000:1 contrast ratio which can be overclocked to 72Hz.
Apparently, I hate the off-center contrast/gamma shift so much (coming from an IPS) that I'm willing to buy a cheap ebay IPS and give up the ability to OC and not tolerate a VA panel artifacts.

Anyway, when my AHVA multi-port Qnix will be here I'll make some measurements and post them here.
I see the TFTCentral will release a review of this monitor soon, that will be interesting.
Edited by James Freeman - 4/15/14 at 6:04am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club